Sextants being removed is an awful change and recent changes are awful in general

"
Chickenwink wrote:
Yup rolling sextants was not something I enjoyed either. And then having to remember to reapply them to each 4 maps as well. And trading for them was just AS bad as rolling them.

They made a bunch of atlas passive changes to compensate as well.

Trans gems niche or not usable?? [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Right up there with Replica Farruls Fur not being used

[Removed by Support]

Ah yes, the very usable and over-utilized Replica Farrul's Fur. The screenshot speaks for itself
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 24, 2024, 7:15:50 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Chickenwink wrote:
Yup rolling sextants was not something I enjoyed either. And then having to remember to reapply them to each 4 maps as well. And trading for them was just AS bad as rolling them.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Ah yes, the very usable and over-utilized Replica Farrul's Fur.[Removed by Support] The screenshot speaks for itself

Highscores =/= what is useable.

See the transgems as a perfect example of what is and is not "usable"
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Mar 24, 2024, 6:38:30 PM
"
Chickenwink wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Chickenwink wrote:

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Ah yes, the very usable and over-utilized Replica Farrul's Fur. [Removed by Support]

Highscores =/= what is useable.

Yeah

[Removed by Support]

Yeah, it's only showing what everyone is using right now while playing the league. I guess data doesn't matter to you as long it validates your opinion.

"Replica Farrul's Fur is heavily used"

*shows data that shows otherwise*

"Oh yeah well, I'm right still!"

Ok.

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 25, 2024, 7:02:36 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Yeah, it's only showing what everyone is using right now while playing the league. I guess data doesn't matter to you as long it validates your opinion.

Ok.

Doesn't poe.ninja only track the top 100 or top 1000 players? That's an extremely small number versus the entire population of the game, even moreso when you consider by now that those players listed are running peak 100% minmaxed builds with extraordinary budgets.

It's not fair to compare uses based on a tracker.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Ok.

Huh weird who ever said that?

For reference here is what was said.

"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Give one example of a useful replica unique other than Replica Alberon's Warpath. I'll wait.

And here is what was in response

"
Chickenwink wrote:

Lets just look at the price of uniques here.

Replica Farruls Fur.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Doesn't poe.ninja only track the top 100 or top 1000 players? That's an extremely small number versus the entire population of the game, even moreso when you consider by now that those players listed are running peak 100% minmaxed builds with extraordinary budgets.

For reference I asked this user why Replica Farruls costed so much and was consistently at the high end of all unique prices before affliction, and never got an answer.

Applied their same logic to unique usage, about trans gems and never got an answer either.

Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Mar 24, 2024, 6:13:01 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Ok.

Go ahead and compare from the previous leagues in the drop-down list. Then also look on YouTube, Twitch, and Forums. Ask right now in general what kind of people who play this game seriously use it. It's just not a usable piece of gear. Yet this dude was so adamant about trying to prove replica uniques are usable that he clings to the only one that has even some merit and it's still not even good. It's a body-armour for a niche set of builds that don't reach even near the clear speed of most well-adjusted builds. If you want to pretend it's some God tier item, be my guest but we all know it's average at best and easily replaceable.

That aside that person didn't even address any of my arguments, laughed at me as a coping mechanism and resorted to ad hominem attacks as usual so they lost the argument from the jump.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 21, 2024, 5:34:18 PM
@OP: you realize .9% of ALL builds on PoE Ninja using replica farruls is HUGE right? That is 3x the amount of ALL gladiator builds, using a single unique item. If you also look at the unique items pool, it puts Replica Farrul's squarely in the top 30 unique items used, maybe even top 25? You don't have any concept of the number you are looking at and what it means....It's also noteworthy to factor in that body armour is a very contestable slot to begin with, any CI build can't use Farrul. Any ES-based build can't use Farrul, and when you get to min/maxing there are some extremely powerful rare options at the mirror tier level. PoE Ninja .9% despite all that information is still quite damn high.

And that's just including what we see on PoE ninja, which tends to include mostly min/maxed builds. If we were able to see the next level of player down, I can guarantee that percentage will skyrocket.

Sextant removal is a godsend. It was the worst system in the entire map rolling cycle, and had basically no redeeming qualities apart from power (which has been transferred to scarabs). Scarabs can stack to TWENTY now, so thats 20 rounds in map device without having to reset. Plus some of those mods on the revealed scarabs are great, potentially even more powerful than both old sextant AND old scarab put together.

This is one of those instances where this post is just plain wrong.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 23, 2024, 4:55:13 PM
"
Chickenwink wrote:
Volcanic fissure of snaking... man what a bad skill it only has .3% use. Aint that right @
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Artcrusade
Just a niche and not use-able skill.

Didn't get a notification for the @ but I see you, Chicken. 👀

Volcanic Fissure of Snaking was such a blast to play, honestly. I feel sorry for people who think a skill is bad because they only see .2% of players play it on poe.ninja, in a game where hundreds of builds exist every season.

Underutilized != weak, enough said!

The faux outrage and throwing dirt never gets tiring though it seems.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
^It's also quite amazing that people don't seem to realize that the difference between 10% usage and 1% usage might mean a difference of.......less than 10% damage. OR even if it were way higher, like 50% difference, then that might simply mean that ONE skill is dealing hundreds of millions where another is dealing 10s of millions. In a game were between 1 and 10 million is PLENTY to do nearly everything the game has to offer.

It's like how people complain about how powerful mirror tier gear is, when in reality MUCH of the mirror gear is MAYBE 5% more powerful than gear worth 10-100 divines.

I'll head this off before it comes, but there will ALWAYS be exceptions to what I just said, but those are just as much outliers as PBoD was this past league.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 23, 2024, 5:24:56 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Chickenwink wrote:
Volcanic fissure of snaking... man what a bad skill it only has .3% use. Aint that right @
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Artcrusade
Just a niche and not use-able skill.

Didn't get a notification for the @ but I see you, Chicken. 👀

Volcanic Fissure of Snaking was such a blast to play, honestly. I feel sorry for people who think a skill is bad because they only see .2% of players play it on poe.ninja, in a game where hundreds of builds exist every season.

Underutilized != weak, enough said!

The faux outrage and throwing dirt never gets tiring though it seems.

Im honestly ready to full send it come friday on it. It is such an amazing skill. I think its a bit less defense than I am used to, but I wanna branch of of the uber tanky summoner thing I have done the last 2 leagues.

Very useful skill gem. I might steal that build of yours somewhat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info