The Left mouse button is the most important button in PC gaming. You just removed it? Why?!

"
Guys chill out, GGG is just trying to promote bots and scripts.

Yep, game is online for 10+ years and GGG still doesn't understand that player controls is akin to personal life, where external interference should be as little as possible. Few things infuriate me more than trying to play a game that has been ported from consoles, and thus usually has no control remap options. Like when you are offered 1 keyboard layout with maybe changing 1-4 keys, rest is hardcoded into the game.

Best thing developer can do about controls is to offer as much flexibility as possible and leave it at that. Returning after 10+ years to shrink controls is dumb move in itself, before all possible mechanical reasons for or against this particular case. People would rather use scripts than change their muscle habits.
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 20, 2024, 10:59:51 AM
All you have to do is

LButton::
Send, {Your favourite key to replace left click}
Return

Job done!
"
hasatt0 wrote:
All you have to do is

Return

Job done!

Now tell me how to bind both my skill and moving to the same button Mr Hackerman.
My General's Cry build is my main and most fun build I play. It is rather complex in terms of controls, though I thought for a little context of how negatively this change will affect some people, I'd outline the below.

Mouse
-Left click: molten shell - hold button
-Right click: cyclone for trigger - hold button
-Rear side click: leap slam
-Forward side click: ancestral warchief
-Scroll Click: Banner

Keyboard
-One flask - manually cast
-Blood rage
-Berserk - hold button
-Ancestral protector
-General's cry - hold button
-Stance change

My build will need 12 buttons, 5 of which will be held down while playing content with this change.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Mar 20, 2024, 3:39:02 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
All you have to do is

Return

Job done!

Now tell me how to bind both my skill and moving to the same button Mr Hackerman.

$LButton::
Send, {LButton OR Your move key}
Return

But that'll violate your ToS lol
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
All you have to do is

Return

Job done!

Return

people will do it anyway.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

Return

people will do it anyway. [/quote]

They sure will. And they will come here saying they got banned for trade macro.
My post does not condone or encourage the use of Auto Hot-Key or any related software or actions that break Poe's TOS.

Forgive me if my script knowledge is outdated. Last time I scripted was for automated dungeon farming in final fantasy 3 and in early warframe. However...

~LButton::

Sleep, 250

Loop

{If(GetKeyState("LButton","P"))

{Send {whatever you've assigned your instant skill to instead of LButton}}

else

{return}

This wouldn't register as multiple entries from a single left-click... would it?
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
My post does not condone or encourage the use of Auto Hot-Key or any related software or actions that break Poe's TOS.

Forgive me if my script knowledge is outdated. Last time I scripted was for automated dungeon farming in final fantasy 3 and in early warframe. However...

~LButton::

Sleep, 250

Loop

{If(GetKeyState("LButton","P"))

{Send {whatever you've assigned your instant skill to instead of LButton}}

else

{return}

This wouldn't register as multiple entries from a single left-click... would it?

Any script delays should be random, not constant. Game is capable of tracking time between keystrokes of both different keys and repeat of same key. They will ban if they see you press with precision like terminator:)
"they could have left it in for pc players that cared to play that way"

@alexwalter8669
the automation change needed more stress on the fact that controller and consoles could never bind skills to left click. People can say who cares, but if you use a controller or play on console it was frustrating to see build guides always have this stuff in them. This is an inclusivity change as well as an accessibility change.

@theinfernity1799
What most people are upset about are not the skill gems; it is that they removed the left mouse button binding. Because they probably wanted to make console and PC players the same.

But then we still don't have the auto gem leveling that console players can enjoy

@HadesCannotBeBothered
No one cares if they add something for console. Yall suffer enough but changing it so you cannot use it on pc fucks with alot of builds on pc for example necro with bone armor. Im glad console players can now not break their fingers to play some builds but they could have left it in for pc players that cared to play that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info