The Left mouse button is the most important button in PC gaming. You just removed it? Why?!

"
Cappabitch wrote:
Imagine playing Diablo 2 and not being able to put zeal on left click and an aura on the right lol
Surely there's no reason to imagine that here; they're not removing the ability to use melee attacks on left-click. Just instant skills.
"
"
Cappabitch wrote:
Imagine playing Diablo 2 and not being able to put zeal on left click and an aura on the right lol
Surely there's no reason to imagine that here; they're not removing the ability to use melee attacks on left-click. Just instant skills.

No, but the spirit of the matter is using an important skill on left click. In my example, a paladin's attack is the most important ability. For mine users, it's detonate.
The only change this functionally makes is that people smart enough to do so begin to use (or increase their usage of) AHK, and people that don't are at a (further) disadvantage.

AHK functionally lets you use every button as a left mouse click, even setting multiple buttons to trigger different sets of abilities, and all sorts of other behaviors in between. I don't know in what world GGG thinks it's a good idea to make people MORE reliant on external software to replace previously available behavior than less.

They said in interviews that they are keen to make people less reliant on third party software for such functionality; this is a clear step in the opposite direction.

I imagine the left click change will be rolled back (and in that case the introduction of the new gems is only a good thing - some people would like to automate more without using AHK and having the capacity to do so is good, even if it would be better if it were simply a toggle on the UI instead). It's very clearly a decision at odds with a very clearly stated goal, so either we're all missing something big, or they hadn't considered the very severe implications closely enough.
Last edited by Pathological on Mar 19, 2024, 7:30:46 AM
"
Cappabitch wrote:
No, but the spirit of the matter is using an important skill on left click. In my example, a paladin's attack is the most important ability. For mine users, it's detonate.
Maybe if the Paladin threw mines and Zeal blew them all up without you having to even think about it, Blizzard would have made the same change and we'd now all love it for being part of classic D2. I guess we'll never know.
"
luck_my_fife wrote:
This is only going to promote what they're supposedly trying to prevent, which is other forms of automation....

How are they against automation when they literally add an Automation gem in the game ?

Like seriously, they added currency for flask automation, they added a belt for flask automation, wardloop and careful planning around CWDT automates stuff...Also CWDT + that gem that made you immune to damage for 2 seconds, was a thing since forever....

Can you like explain how GGG is against automation, because I do not see it
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 19, 2024, 8:34:20 AM
"
"
Cappabitch wrote:
Maybe if the Paladin threw mines and Zeal blew them all up without you having to even think about it, Blizzard would have made the same change and we'd now all love it for being part of classic D2. I guess we'll never know.

ALl "Diablo 2 fans" can go play Diablo 2. ITs still there. We dont need to change PoE to a game that was popular 15 years ago.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
"
Cappabitch wrote:

ALl "Diablo 2 fans" can go play Diablo 2. ITs still there. We dont need to change PoE to a game that was popular 15 years ago.

Man, what a terrible take. Guess Chris Wilson should've went back to D2, he's a big fan lol

Regardless, they created a problem to sell us a less conventional solution. You cannot automate this yourself, you must waste an extra gem slot now =) Or have fun playing skillkey piano. My corrupting cry already had to balance general's cry, berserk, war banner placing/retrieving, blood rage, reap, and molten shell. And shield charge. And flame dash. Not everything can be so easily linked to CWDT. The BIS for warcries is a forbidden shako, which already restricts you down to 4 gemslots. You are taking a major DPS hit, as well as a cooldown extension, in what they're calling a quality of life update.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
luck_my_fife wrote:
This is only going to promote what they're supposedly trying to prevent, which is other forms of automation....

How are they against automation when they literally add an Automation gem in the game ?

Like seriously, they added currency for flask automation, they added a belt for flask automation, wardloop and careful planning around CWDT automates stuff...Also CWDT + that gem that made you immune to damage for 2 seconds, was a thing since forever....

Can you like explain how GGG is against automation, because I do not see it

We were automating instant cast spells in a way they disliked, so they gave us a worse solution and removed the existing mechanic. We should've seen the writing on the wall when they nerfed Vortex from orbit, completely eliminating Wintertide Brand usage, because Vortex on left click was so enabling. But fair's fair, pathfinder exists and mageblood exists and wardloop, all is forgiven.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
"
Cappabitch wrote:

ALl "Diablo 2 fans" can go play Diablo 2. It’s still there. We dont need to change PoE to a game that was popular 15 years ago.
I agree: just because D2 had an “important skill” on left-click doesn’t mean that needs to be allowed in POE.
"
I agree: just because D2 had an “important skill” on left-click doesn’t mean that needs to be allowed in POE.

So disallow your main attack skill on left-click, gotcha. Thank you for your thoughts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info