"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

Just spoke to my friends about this "little" change and I can safely tell GGG that they either revert this change or none of my friends group are going to play, as long as this will be a thing. People can of course easely solve it by coming up with third party solutions or macros. (aka the numpad trick etc) And they will. With a 100% certainty even if they were to be threatened with bans. It won't matter due to the lack of QoL that is would bring not having it. I am so tired of gaming companies CREATING issues where there are none only to then "play nice" as they "create a solution" to the very same problem they literally just created themselves.
You don't get credit for solving things when YOU created the issue in the first place.
You seriously need to wake up and realise that this might be one of the dumbest things you have gone out with in recent years. [Removed by Support] At this point I am sorry but I also have to ask. Is it a kink of your's that whenever you have made a successful league where people have had tons of fun, you have a special urge to ruin the next upcoming leagues afterwards? I'm really trying not to be toxic but it is indeed a pattern that shows itself time and time again in later years. It's literally like you've got some certain people sitting around a table at HQ going;
[Removed by Support]
It's barely a joke anymore talking about "Chris's vision" about how no fun is allowed cause it seems to actually be true (If it's even him doing it).
You can focus on the tone of the conversation rather than adressing what the players issues are. Just like politicians in real life does, but the truth of the matter is that it won't move you closer to your playerbase in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact. At the end of the day you know this to be a terrible change for overall QoL and playability and the players knows this aswell. I am convinced you guys have intelligent people over there at GGG and there's NO WAY you looked at this, not expecting people to be up in arms about it. There is just NO way that is the case. Unfortunately that fact gets me and other players even MORE upset since it means you are purposefully forcing changes like these down our throats knowing how bad it will feel and how bad it would be for the gaming experience as a whole. At this point im asking you to please realise you made a misstake and revert this change. You "created" a problem, nobody likes it, nobody asked for it, meaning it's only going to harm the player retainability in the upcoming league, after a league that has without a doubt had great success in both funfactor and player retainment. Please GGG, don't screw this up doing stuff like this. If not, then peace.#terriblechangesdeservestobecanned
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Mar 19, 2024, 6:27:29 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Eh, throwing an instant skill on left click to be able to use without thinking always felt jank to me. Every skill that has a click-use should be a conscious action TO use it in my personal opinion.

Have you ever played mine build? Do you want to click D milion times a day?
*raises hand*
I know I do when I play mines. I want them to feel different to other skills; manual detonation is a key part of their identity to me (I don't think the detonation chain and reservation cost is enough to justify their existence as a category otherwise, wildly subjective as that is).

Now, of course, it is often the case that I want to play a character who throws spell damage but not spell damage that I need to detonate. But there are traps for that, or, well, any other spell.
i'm with Gus on this one, when I last made a miner I switched between auto use and stacking them before detonate (which is what their modifiers are for tbh) and it wasn't that bad.

Its nice being lazy but thematically the build should have you press detonate or its just a front for a spell.

I'm kinda on the fence about this change overall, i don't think it should have been couched as a buff or a nerf i'd have just straight out said sorry guys we are getting rid of instant on left click but we don't want it to gimp some builds too badly so we added support gems as should be the way to do it.

It is a nerf, I do understand why though. I think my biggest issue is extra gem links are expensive in build terms.
If you want to detonate them manually, have fun. I played several times this way in the past and I never want to repeat it again. Try mapping for several hours a day with manual detonating and tell me how great your hand felt.
It's honestly really annoying how many people are looking for reasons to just roll over for this change or even actively support it

I've literally been called a cheater who should quit the game because I don't like this obvious bad change. I don't get why so many are so violently for this change when most of what they are trying to claim is good about this is easily refutable but is exhausting to refute

It wouldn't be an issue if I didn't think GGG might use the same excuses I'm seeing everywhere. GGG are so pigheaded about stuff like this and they'll pull on any thin thread to keep it this way.
Last edited by DudeInTheBlack on Mar 19, 2024, 6:49:04 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
If you want to detonate them manually, have fun. I played several times this way in the past and I never want to repeat it again. Try mapping for several hours a day with manual detonating and tell me how great your hand felt.

Better than any 1-2 Combo skill?

Its two buttons its vastly less effort than potion piano ever was and many builds already will use 2 buttons lol

I do have a friend who won't play any build that isn't basically 1 button but that is a personal choice it isn't that he's incapable of doing so - I get that some might hate it and that's a loss but its pretty irrelevant overall it isn't that bad.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 19, 2024, 6:50:49 AM
worst idea ever
"
Aynix wrote:
Okay, since you asked: it felt fine last time. I appreciate the concern.

If we're going to honestly treat it an accessibility/health issue, that's fine, but then we should be casting a wider net and putting the whole control scheme on the stand, because the D key is not markedly more challenging to your body than many other things people are doing while playing this game for 'several hours a day'.
Everyone have already explained why no players other than controller users would benefit from this change, so I'd just like to add:

GGG, if you are so hellbent on nerfing build automation, maybe first work on the source of why we all need automation to play your game with our health intact?

When there is a lot of monsters on screen, your combat pace is beyond human reaction time especially when it comes to casting guard skills at the right moment, your rare monsters can have damage per hit of bosses yet retain their fast attack speed without any telegraphing bosses have. You have invented build-disabling AN mods which no one can read at the heat of battle (make larger hp bar overlay with AN mods icons near it at every rare monster head, not hover-only tiny text on top of screen?).

With that in mind, your decision was to instead hit your players with a stick by directly reducing UI capabilities, to force them play the way you want. From what you've revealed so far, compared to free LMB, your automation gem solution manages to screw both players who prefer clicking themselves (no control on when it triggers and uses mana), and players who prefer automation, they've lost gem slot, cost and cooldown. Purpose of this solution eludes me so far.
hoho this went over well.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info