im going to miss affliction so much

Maybe I'm in the minority but I found the whole forest thing to be boring most of the time... did people really enjoy that so much?

Or did you all just like the loot explosions from when you went back to playing the regular map with the extra juice? That's all it looked like to me.
Yeah the picking up of wisps was just slot machine foreplay before the loot bombs. If you got 6k+ wisps you knew you were going to see some jackpots and it was exciting. The actual running around in the forest got old after the first 50 times.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Maybe I'm in the minority but I found the whole forest thing to be boring most of the time... did people really enjoy that so much?

No, people didnt care about the forest. People cared about wisps.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 14, 2024, 10:33:51 AM
I sincerely hope that people who mainly play in standard played this league! Rolling some fun builds until PoE 1 fades out was my motivation for the monotonous MFing this league. The loot explosions were amazing, though I had a feeling the charms and ascendancies would be removed. Never invested in charms thankfully.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Charms were great for melee, the amount of AoE we could get thanks to it. I guess we are back to "true melee" where your range is 5 pixels.
For those who don't play professionally and just want to have fun after work, this was wonderful. Try out the Mirror stuff too. Of course, it was a bit insulting for those who are used to owning the elite stuff. For me, as someone who can't play 24/7, it was fun to be able to really touch all the content without suffering.
"
Aynix wrote:
Charms were great for melee, the amount of AoE we could get thanks to it. I guess we are back to "true melee" where your range is 5 pixels.

I didn't think of that. This is the first league I didn't play melee.

You can see why that one person everyone knows bought hundreds of the best TWWT jewels and how has them listed for 10-100 mirrors each.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
It has been the best league since 3.14 Harvest. I'll miss it dearly.
My most hated game.
My most favorite game.
Such is the duality of man.
"
e1337donkey wrote:

Or did you all just like the loot explosions from when you went back to playing the regular map with the extra juice? That's all it looked like to me.

No most people only enjoyed the big free loot explosions and the additional power creep. They could put both it into any other league mechanic and people would still like it cause most can't get enough of both easy loot and player power. Tota been a good example of that as well hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I think that a small percentage of players had a much higher chance to get rewards than that the whales usually do every league.

Yes you had to follow somewhat of a half-ass strategy but the payout chances were crazy.

Whales do not like this...it almost turns the 1% into a 2%...and the table is so crowded that no one wants an extra seat or two pulled up right?

T'was fun for many and so many builds were discovered, but I think after years of power-creep and now loot explosions this is G3s way of herding exiles to "Try POE2! Everything's Fresh!".

TF2 anyone?

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info