Trade question

"
Rockaday wrote:
I've removed the player's name, but here's one example. I've messaged my acceptance of this offer through the trade site more than a dozen times (always spaced out so I'm not spamming) over several days this week, and the "seller" has never responded. They refuse to trade. They're on for hours at a time based on my searches on the trade site, but they never respond.

would you stop whatever you're doing for a 10c trade? not sure what kind of response you want here. if trade is that important for you then play the leagues. its somewhat better there. standard is a graveyard.
"
would you stop whatever you're doing for a 10c trade?

Depends on what I'm doing, but most of the time I will. If it's very inconvenient I won't, maybe I'll say I can't now, or maybe I'll message when I'm back in my hideout. But this isn't really about what I would do. This is about "sellers" listing things for prices at which they'll never respond, no matter when the message comes, day after day after day.

And how much do you think a legacy Dying Sun flask with 20% quality and a use enchant is worth? Only 10 chaos? Even just the glassblower's baubles used on it are worth more than that. At first I thought the "seller" was offering that price out of charity or a mistake. But now it's clear that it's price manipulation.

And again, why would you list something for sale at a price for which you would never respond, unless you were trying to manipulate the market?

"
if trade is that important for you then play the leagues

I've played two leagues (years ago), and I'm now recently returned to the game after about six years away. I've never been able to experience a lot of endgame content because I'm not fast enough. Leagues of 3-4 months are too short for players like me.

"
standard is a graveyard

Again, I've made lots of requests to buy something in Standard in the past 2-3 weeks, and people have usually responded. Often for less than 10 chaos. And every day I get requests for people to buy things from me. It may be "a graveyard" by your expectations, but for lots of us it's where we live.
Last edited by Rockaday on Mar 8, 2024, 1:00:21 PM
To offer a more hopeful note for anyone reading this thread: after days of trying to find a good deal on some of the more valuable items for the next stage of my build, but apparently just messaging fraudsters/scammers, I finally got two of the uniques I need! I finally reached real sellers, and got a legacy Dying Sun (without quality or enchant), and an Interrogation small cluster jewel. Still more shopping to do, but it feels good to have made some progress.
Standard isn't going to have as many players actively "trying" to play, so there will be discrepancies in playing and getting items. I always ignore the cheapest listing because price-fixers are often the cheapest. General rule of thumb: go down 2-4 listings to get to the "real" people selling, always. I thought that was pretty common knowledge, but it seems like you don't play this game too much anyway.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
I always ignore the cheapest listing because price-fixers are often the cheapest. General rule of thumb: go down 2-4 listings to get to the "real" people selling, always.

Thanks! Good to learn how to deal with the scammers.

"
I thought that was pretty common knowledge, but it seems like you don't play this game too much anyway.

PoE must get new players, right? Everyone has to learn it for the first time from somewhere.

I hope GGG punishes the players who offer to sell things and then consistently refuse to trade them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info