Trade question

Trade has generally worked pretty well for me, but I've mostly been buying and selling stuff worth less than 20 chaos. Now I'm trying to buy some more expensive gear to make it farther in the endgame and people aren't responding to requests made through the trade site.

The same people are online every day, offering the lowest prices for the things I'm trying to buy, and every day I send a message through the trade site, and they never respond.

Would the following be correct things to conclude from this?

1. The lowest price offers for desirable items are often fake.

2. That I should press the "ignore player" button in these cases.

3. That I should accept that the real price for these items is probably substantially higher.

Last edited by Rockaday on Mar 7, 2024, 3:33:34 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2024, 5:51:19 PM
yeah just ignore them. they probably cant be bothered to leave their map for a low value trade
"
yeah just ignore them.

Thanks.

"
they probably cant be bothered to leave their map for a low value trade

Huh. Well I'd think that if it was just a few chaos, but people have responded at a higher rate to those requests in my experience than for these higher price items. Now I'm trying to buy a few things for ~50 to ~150 chaos, and the same people just never respond, day after day. Is that still too low value? Why would they list it if they wouldn't ever respond for that price, unless they were trying to manipulate the market?
Last edited by Rockaday on Mar 7, 2024, 3:48:00 PM
"
Rockaday wrote:
"
yeah just ignore them.

Thanks.

"
they probably cant be bothered to leave their map for a low value trade

Huh. Well I'd think that if it was just a few chaos, but people have responded at a higher rate to those requests in my experience than for these higher price items. Now I'm trying to buy a few things for ~50 to ~150 chaos, and none of them ever respond. Is that still a low value trade?

150c is like 1 divine...this league for a lot of people that is a low value trade. they could also be price fixing.
if the cheapest item has been available for more than 2 days, its very likely someone that is attempting to 'price fix' that item.

i absolutely *hate* that people can list items for sale, with no intention of actually selling them. it makes trade feel awful.

"
150c is like 1 divine...this league for a lot of people that is a low value trade. they could also be price fixing.

Oh I guess I should have said: I'm playing in Standard league.

"
if the cheapest item has been available for more than 2 days, its very likely someone that is attempting to 'price fix' that item.

i absolutely *hate* that people can list items for sale, with no intention of actually selling them. it makes trade feel awful.

Yeah it's been about four days of messages every day and no response. Thanks, yeah I've been feeling a little of that.
oh you play standard...well people dont really need the money there so not much incentive to respond to low value trades
Don't expect players to leave a map or sth else for low value.

Some answer later, but that's not the majority.

And by the way - there are many buyers who dont accept an invite or accept it and leave group later.
Great if seller has just left a map.

Some seller will never anser or maybe every 10th time only.

If I am whispering the same seller many times over some days I check if this player is in ho or in a map.

/whois <player>

I ignore him only if he is in a ho and not afk many times.

And I ignore a player if he is "spamming" a special item/currency with with so many low price fake offers that I need too much time to look through every time.
Last edited by Jerexil on Mar 7, 2024, 4:38:04 PM
"
oh you play standard...well people dont really need the money there so not much incentive to respond to low value trades

For the past 2-3 weeks I've been regularly buying things in Standard for 1 to 50 chaos and it's been a roughly 70% response rate.

Now trying to buy more valuable things, the response rate for the lowest-price listings has been 0%. And not a single time did someone reply later to see if I still wanted it. I never spammed, but several times I waited minutes or hours and tried again. 0% response rate. Seems clear these listings are not actual offers. And again, why would you list something for a price you would never respond at, unless you were trying to manipulate the market?

"
And by the way - there are many buyers who dont accept an invite or accept it and leave group later.
Great if seller has just left a map.

Yeah I've had a few of those when I've been trying to sell something. It's a little frustrating.

"
check if this player is in ho or in a map.
/whois <player>

Thanks for this tip, I didn't know that. I'll try it out.
I've removed the player's name, but here's one example. I've messaged my acceptance of this offer through the trade site more than a dozen times (always spaced out so I'm not spamming) over several days this week, and the "seller" has never responded. They refuse to trade. They're on for hours at a time based on my searches on the trade site, but they never respond.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info