Long time player just returning

yeah poe2 is the only thing that can really stop this game i think.

2021 was the highest player count year ever

2022 beat it and became the highest ever

2023 beat that and was the new highest

the trend would have continued this year almost certainly, but with poe2 going into open beta this summer its obviously going to massively disrupt poe1, theres gonna be so much advertising that new players will end up in poe2 most of the time. i would expect a dip in players this year compared to last, but the combined total of this game + poe2 i would bet will be higher than poe1 ever had.

its really hard to tell what happens going forward from there. it would seem highly likely either poe1, poe2 or both games continue to be very strong. im expecting teething problems, some push/pull between the devs and the players for a while before poe2 finds its stride and settles down. maybe that happens before the end of beta, maybe that takes a year or 2?

it was a long time before we had ascendancies, atlas etc, things that are fundamental to how good the game in 2024 is. its gonna take time to live with the new ideas before we see what ones really work, what ones dont rly pay off and what ones we needed added to really make the whole thing gel. could be a rocky year or 2 but its necessary to create a future where we are here saying 2033 was the highest count ever, 2034 beat it etc.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Is the game "truly" dieing now

Did you read Diablo 4 subreddit?

hahaha
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

its really hard to tell what happens going forward from there....

I'm not a prophet, but following the development and evolution of GGG over the years, I just assume:
POE 1 will remain as the "original" hard ARPG version for all old-timers, with occasional updates;
POE 2 will be more "cool" in the trend imposed by larger company on the market. A game for new kids, for self-proclaimed casual players and others who don't have time to use their brains in the game.
Last edited by xaerobb on Mar 3, 2024, 12:12:53 PM
oh I am not a gamer?... lol fair enough I am glad you "called me out" I have no buisness here obviously. I am such a bad man.....
"
tasogie wrote:
oh I am not a gamer?... lol fair enough I am glad you "called me out" I have no buisness here obviously. I am such a bad man.....

Just play the game and see how it feels yourself.
Questions like "is the game dying" or whatever just reek of boredom and laziness. You will always see the same answers and they are eventually just black and white depending how disappointed or hyped someone is.
Put a fork in it amigo.
The game has never been better. It's not dying and won't be dying for a very long time.
"
tasogie wrote:
Hi guys, I have been reading threads an worries me that alot of complaints. Is the game "truly" dieing now, or is it jsut the usual someone crying because they cant "win the game with eyes closed now"..... I want to return an invest in game. But not if it is truly on its last legs.

The game is fine and there isn't any credible data to show the death of anything. Keep in mind the loudest voices tend to dominate forums. The doom and gloom folks have been very loud for over a decade. Some day they will be right, but so far, they've been about as wrong as a person can be.
just play....there is still 3 weeks left of league
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 4, 2024, 1:15:12 PM
The game's not on it's last legs, but as league only las 3 weeks left, many people have stopped playing. They've gotten their mirrored gear and got bored.

MF is boring AF.

I would however strongly suggest that if you ever have any intention of playing standard, you capitalise on the opportunity here to make significant currency to then spend in standard.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info