Long time player just returning

Hi guys, I have been reading threads an worries me that alot of complaints. Is the game "truly" dieing now, or is it jsut the usual someone crying because they cant "win the game with eyes closed now"..... I want to return an invest in game. But not if it is truly on its last legs.
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2024, 8:06:42 PM
"
Is the game "truly" dieing now

Did you read Diablo 4 subreddit?
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
tasogie wrote:
Hi guys, I have been reading threads an worries me that alot of complaints. Is the game "truly" dieing now, or is it jsut the usual someone crying because they cant "win the game with eyes closed now"..... I want to return an invest in game. But not if it is truly on its last legs.

Just some special mental gymnastics from people that can't interpret steam charts and are jumping the gun because of other game releases.

No, the game isn't dying...it is the lul before the next league (which has been delayed a little bit) during that time a lot of people stop playing and do other things.

The other thing ATM is a game called Last Epoch, which had most of the PoE streamers jumping on to try it and a good bit of the player base from here that are currently bored and waiting for the new league.

That had the effect of steam charts numbers for PoE being way down (which if you look at more than just the last few months you'll see a trend) and Last Epochs numbers being way up.

Next league might be a big one...only going by the supposed release date (end of march) and the start of the PoE2 beta (some time in june i think it was) meaning the new PoE league may be designed to be played a bit longer (maybe even brining back league stones or something similar) this in effect will be running over into the PoE2 beta and GGG will want something for people that don't get in to have something to do. (what they did the last time)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
PoE 1 is dying naturally because the beta for PoE 2 starts in June. Streamers and people sitting on hoards of 10,000 TWWT jewels to unload in standard will try to keep people playing PoE 1 but the player base that plays more than a week of league is going to go way down. Nobody has time to play other games + 8 leagues of PoE 1+2 a year.

The main way the game has changed in the last few years is that there are fewer people playing the game to kill stuff and more people playing the economy. Mirror inflation happens way sooner because there are more min-maxers looking to dominate the economy.
The game is not dying. IF anything, it'/s hibernating in prep for POE2, but dying? not a chance. I know I'll personally at least try out every league until POE2. It'll always be here because GGG is making a lot of cash off of the new endgame (Valdo Boxes). Over 800+ people bought the $480 pack to get a valdo map box.

I think POE is doing fine, we're all just waiting for the new league to drop. :)
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
tasogie wrote:

the player numbers in 2023 were the highest they have ever been, the game has never been more popular than it is now.
cheers guys, so im gonna play, magic
lol you are not a gamer but a trend chaser , what does it matter who is or not playing it , if you like something play it .
"
damir21 wrote:
lol you are not a gamer but a trend chaser , what does it matter who is or not playing it , if you like something play it .

yyy.. there is economy in the game, you know? Trade?
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
How is PoE dieing if PoE is the GOAL of the other games?
those new games are nowhere near being as good as PoE.

as soon as the new league is out, everybody comes back. PoE works in cicles.
Play the league, get the challenges and go play something else.

the only thing that is gonna "kill" PoE is PoE2 in a few years.
Last edited by spoc002 on Mar 3, 2024, 5:11:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info