High DPS 1-Hand Lightning Strike/Multistrike 3 Aura Tank Duelist Guide by Ler [1.1.0]

So the multistrike applies to the base weapon thereby reducing overall damage,
i expected a 9k dps with multistrike but i end up with 7.2k running wrath n anger.
the 0.6 % modifier one would assume chain x2 the total dps per cast would be 180% of damage without multistrike ( which in my case was 5.8k with just wrath and anger).

is some quality on the gems going to help me in any way? what gems would need quality to boost damage.
quality on multistrike seems to boost mele physical damage. I am not sure if this applies to projectiles from Lightning Strike
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on May 24, 2013, 12:55:55 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
So the multistrike applies to the base weapon thereby reducing overall damage,
i expected a 9k dps with multistrike but i end up with 7.2k running wrath n anger.
the 0.6 % modifier one would assume chain x2 the total dps per cast would be 180% of damage without multistrike ( which in my case was 5.8k with just wrath and anger).

is some quality on the gems going to help me in any way? what gems would need quality to boost damage.
quality on multistrike seems to boost mele physical damage. I am not sure if this applies to projectiles from Lightning Strike

on 5 link -> quality weapon elemental damage
on 4 link -> lighnting strike for pierce
on 6 link -> quality faster attacks
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
yeah i guess quality would only do it.
I had tried 2 1 handed weapon physical nodes after removing equivalent element damage nodes.
I have found that element damage nodes offer sightly more damage.
i.e 16% elemental damage > 16% physical damage + 10% weapon aspd increase.

Ive figured out the damage with a 6L and non Q gems to be 8.2k ( removed life leech ) and in my instance since i have very low base physical damage. Haste offered significant dps increase than hatred.

It rocks with a 6L and multistrike+life leech.

I usually run with elemental weakness curse. Does projectile weakness offer better damage increase? as i understand elemental weakness = covers all elements .
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on May 25, 2013, 4:08:07 PM
If I had attack speed on my gloves/weapon Id be @ 10k DPS :(
Build works wonders, though. A+ Dude
Currently 79, can't wait till I reach 85, as I got a few plans to test a few things.

Atm I am addicted to stacking chaos res..for some reason
Last edited by TheBuudah on May 28, 2013, 5:42:21 AM
Does the leather and steel skin skill passive which removes moment speed penalties from armor overcome the the 5% movement speed decrease on the lion eyes remorse?
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on May 28, 2013, 12:43:11 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
Does the leather and steel skin skill passive which removes moment speed penalties from armor overcome the the 5% movement speed decrease on the lion eyes remorse?

Movement slows from gear doesnt get removed.
Only the base modifiers from given gear.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on May 28, 2013, 7:56:02 PM
"
Zinja wrote:

no, i have -5% ms with that shield
Great Guide, did not have a chance to look at your or any guide when starting my lightning strike in the 1 month race, did not expect to make a ls build but ripped with my main during the race so remade, currently I am using the new unique helm with the 1h/shield, would love your feed back with the build and see pros and cons, im doing around 10k dps with wep ele (keep in mind not quality gems atm and when i get back to normal hc to switch over with that etc) I also had a thought about mana leach (about 2% to sustain and reduce mana instead of blood magic, and maybe replace carnage heart with a better onyx etc)
(haste,wrath,anger,determination,grace,hatred) auras

cheers!

stats: 10135.5 dps//17912 armor//physical dmg reduction 56%//80 all res//48% chance to block//30 % block and stun recovery//life regen 224.4//-4 & -33 chaos resist(depending on belts)//4738/5099 life

regular hc gear that i will replace to this character when the 1 month league is finished:
(380 total dps out of 422 possible)
IGN:BluBerryPieForEveryone///// If outbid pm me!

Last edited by BlueBerryPieInc on May 28, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
how does the carnage heart work for physical damage through LS/?
Does it leech the percentage of total damage done ? or a portal of damage that is physical?

Because my weapon is elemental.

Is elemental damage done through LS also considered physical damage as its non spell type damage?

id like to replace my life leech gem with a carnage heart at some point if its viable with an elemental weapon.
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
how does the carnage heart work for physical damage through LS/?
Does it leech the percentage of total damage done ? or a portal of damage that is physical?

Because my weapon is elemental.

Is elemental damage done through LS also considered physical damage as its non spell type damage?

id like to replace my life leech gem with a carnage heart at some point if its viable with an elemental weapon.

It works only on the physical part of your damage.
Life Leech gem on the other hand works also with the elemental damage part.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info