Harvest gambling needs to go.

I hate to say it because i do enjoy using it and have had a lot of fun and riches from it but its now just purely used as a currency gamble and nothing more.
The major cards are now worth way more than the item you get from them, it costs TWO mirrors to buy enough cards to make one mirror.
So harvest gambling makes divination cards useless outside of as a gambling currency.
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2024, 4:07:15 PM
No way in hell I would put a stack of house of mirrors on the bench, it's slot machine gambling.
"
No way in hell I would put a stack of house of mirrors on the bench, it's slot machine gambling.
Well you can only do 4 but that is 1060 divs.
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
Well you can only do 4 but that is 1060 divs.
Wouldn't know because I wouldn't do it. Although, I only ever found one house of mirrors and sold it immediately.
I gave one of our crew members aprox 30 house of mirrors; He made about 120 cards after.

He wanted to keep going and do you know what happened? I approved and now hes at zero.

All 120 cards are gone =)

Why does it need to go again? Risk is there just because you ain't lucky hahaha
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I agree it should be removed. It was interesting when the crafts were just random chance finds, but now that its fixed on lifeforce it really does create a ton of problems.

Perhaps offer a more interesting way to finish a set instead. Then again I feel like most div cards are bad for the game, so having a way to get more of them from something like harvest is bad.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Something would have to take its place. Harvest, and a lot of profitability from farming it, hinges on feeding lifeforce to people willing to gamble away their cards hoping to strike it big. By removing them, you effectively cripple profitability as far as farming lifeforce is concerned. Sure there's influence rerolls and synth mod rolls, but there's no chance in hell those crafts were propping up the value of lifeforce.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
It's an easy currency sink, I think it's good for economy.

In this game everything is gambling (mapping, heisting, crafting, sextants rolling, etc), it's not like you can remove gambling from the game.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I agree it should be removed. It was interesting when the crafts were just random chance finds, but now that its fixed on lifeforce it really does create a ton of problems.

Perhaps offer a more interesting way to finish a set instead. Then again I feel like most div cards are bad for the game, so having a way to get more of them from something like harvest is bad.

its a zero sum game tho right?

its 50/50 so on average as many cards are destroyed as created?

the more someone uses it the more their results will probably trend towards the average which is nothing, you just lose the lifeforce and neither lose or gain any cards given enough time right?
"
6_din_49 wrote:
It's an easy currency sink, I think it's good for economy.

In this game everything is gambling (mapping, heisting, crafting, sextants rolling, etc), it's not like you can remove gambling from the game.

This exactly. It's a currency sink for yellow lifeforce. It also makes some things available in SSF that otherwise wouldn't be. I think it's good for the game overall
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info