Account Moderation Changes

This is totally not going to backfire at all.
Oh boy, my current ban is 50 days, stacked from spamming Toucans. Since the ban length never goes down, only scaling up, all it takes to destroy my league is a mass report for posting a unid Facebrrakers in chat, or calling someone a poophead. I think it's a good idea to trade ban, but not with the current moderation. There's literally a few globals that are "ban honeypots" that get you insta muted by spam reporting you. So yeah, time to play with no Global, bummer.
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
The change for bad names is a good thing

On the other hand, prevent trading in a trading game because you got mutes feels way to harsh. pretty much what it means is "Hey fella, your getting muted so you also cant play the game for now" wich is kinda ridiculous considering how easy it is to get muted. i once got muted just cause i asked to trade a fragment with someone in the wrong channel. like imagine not being allowed to trade because you tried trading in the wrong channel? policies around muting will have to be adjusted or this will not pass well across the community.
PoE's global chat moderation is notoriously aggressive, but at least it didn't brick your whole account before. Since users cannot modify trade messages sent trough the website, why ban them from buying items? And why ban them listing things for sale, short of them breaking ToS in tab names?

Give your mods the ability to ban people from trade where necessary, but don't tie it to all chat mutes. Also, there's no reason to prevent someone from sending whispers because they posted a toucan to global. You guys need to increase the granularity of your moderation actions, not reduce it.
Last edited by tanis0 on Feb 7, 2024, 12:18:00 AM
Good stuff.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Account Moderation Changes
We're making some changes to account moderation, specifically to the effects of being muted. When an account is muted, the new restrictions will be as follows:
You will be unable to send or receive whispers from players if they are not on your Friends List and you are not on their Friends List.
You will not be shown as online on the trade website.

We will also be applying harsher mutes for players that are intentionally being sent to the Void with character names that breach our Code of Conduct. Abusing the message broadcast of being sent to the Void to advertise or promote RMT will result in a permanent mute.

The changes to restrictions imposed by mutes will be included in an upcoming patch in the next couple of weeks, however the changes to mute policy are in effect as of the time of this post.

Surely theres NOWAE for 3rd party site users to still be added on the friendlist right ?...[sarcasm ends here]
Why doesn't GGG just ban the accounts that advertise or promote RMT that breach the CoC or ToS ?
Last edited by Zukaly on Feb 7, 2024, 1:14:11 AM
I got muted for 40 hours cause I wrote "CONTENT WINDOW" in caps in global 777 aka quin69's channel. Now you are telling me I cannot trade for 40 hours? You know that people can spam report a person and that person gets muted right? So many things can be taken out of context. This thing will back fire so hard.

Last league people were mass reporting players doing giveaways in global 777 cause the dude linked an un-ided face breaker and asked chat to guess the number. The dude was a friend of mine and he pmed me saying he got 20 hours mute. Like GGG are you guys for real with this change. This is the first time in a long time I agree with reddit complainers.
after the incident on Gerena and receiving the mutе for 10 minutes, I never opened the global chat again. And I advise everyone. Be friendly and close the global 1 chat forever, there is no one there except trolls and haters.
there remains only 1 question: how are 3g going to deal with the fact that now you can be reported by the whole guild and you will get a trade ban for N-minutes/days/years?
one of the positive sides of a leagues is the rich community in global chat with fun banter and engagement if you exclude the the minor extreme ones
this sense of communication is one of the reasons why poe holds some retention even after 1 month into a league
-
you don't want another soul less game filled bots and people who are too afraid to speak in global chat or too discouraged to even converse
-
Harsh punishments is often good but not with lackluster moderation system
in this case it will absolutely result in some drama , controversy and even bad PR toward the game . because a minority will be abusing this new system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info