Account Moderation Changes

o7
Cheapmirrorofkalandra@somesite.com has been sent to the void

lol
[Removed by Support]
The really flagrant cases of void announcement abuse should have resulted in game account bans. Just the really flagrant ones, not the "sort of a little bit edgy and rude" ones.

Not sure I'm a fan of the temporary "trade ban" being whacked on to mutes for trivial things. The purpose of a 10 minute mute is to say "Hey, cool it", not to punish. Trolls will 100% abuse this by posting intentionally wrong things in global chats then reporting everyone that responds "that is bad advice".

Trolls will also abuse this by finding ways to start political arguments in chat without actually breaking the rules themselves. This really isn't hard to do - all you need to do is mention a celebrity with well-known controversial views in the context of what they are originally famous for.

In short - these changes probably empower the trolls that they are aimed at.
Le Toucan Will Return
Would it at all be possible in the menu options to perhaps have an ability to completely remove the global & trade chat windows, not hide.. Remove. God forbid I check global to read some chat and I accidently respond to some bait and get muted. The usual mute is fine I very rarely have chat open anyway but unable to trade is rediculous
Last edited by SvanYo on Feb 6, 2024, 9:45:17 PM
GGG, in theory this seems like a great idea, but people get auto-muted from groups of people spamming the report button for no good reason. This is 100% going to get abused from people just reporting someone they don't like or disagreeing with an opinion they have on something. Please re-think this policy and how it gets applied.
"
Shake811 wrote:
GGG, in theory this seems like a great idea, but people get auto-muted from groups of people spamming the report button for no good reason. This is 100% going to get abused from people just reporting someone they don't like or disagreeing with an opinion they have on something. Please re-think this policy and how it gets applied.

Humans are the ones that MUTE you it's not auto.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Be nice guys!
Will be interesting to see how these new rules are enforced and the effect they have on the playerbase.

Hopefully people won't get into as many arguments in game.
This makes me worry...it's ridiculously easy to get chat muted. It seems like it's completely out of context, based on certain trigger words, a lot of which have to do directly with the game's content, and seem also to get triggered on player reports.

The void name changes are fine and reasonable, however...

This is going to bring griefing more than it saves anyone from seeing things written by people they can actively ignore if they want.

I was muted for correcting someone's use of the word 'murder' in regard to animals.

Bear in mind, there's a unique map in PoE where you don't even get loot, it's just experience, and it's just animals. You're literally going to a place called "Untainted Paradise" to kill as many animals as possible, just for the experience of it all, but you can't say that in chat?

This was the only time I was ever muted in about 4 years of playing PoE.

The next day I was muted for warning people who were talking about murder in chat again that I was muted the day before. I was muted again, for warning people.

And now it's going to take me off trade? Keep me from whispering people? This seems like an overblown reaction to a non-problem, and one that people can take advantage of to troll people that they do not like. The only real solution is to not use global chat at all, which kills a meaningful aspect of this game.

Someone change my mind.
Imagine now how many FREE SERVICE bros will be muted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info