Account Moderation Changes

"
QuaQaq wrote:
I was muted for 2.5 years for answered how to open league interface. 6 seconds between messages, i didn't think that i could be muted for one character (inverted ^) and support don't care about context of conversation. Good job GGG, after this patch my path of exile will be end.
[Removed by Support]

I blurred mute reason on screenshot and they still deleted it.
What a world we living...
If this is introduced, I think communication should be minimized to keep ourselves safe.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
"
QuaQaq wrote:
I was muted for 2.5 years for answered how to open league interface. 6 seconds between messages, i didn't think that i could be muted for one character (inverted ^) and support don't care about context of conversation. Good job GGG, after this patch my path of exile will be end.
[Removed by Support]

Muted for 2 and half years!!!! Whatt!! some prison sentences are no more than 2 years, this is just a game ffs.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
global total ghosttown now noone type even a word anymore in fear of ban instantly
"
QuaQaq wrote:
"
QuaQaq wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I blurred mute reason on screenshot and they still deleted it.
What a world we living...

Someone was trying to post a screenshot of them getting muted for linking a divination card and it got deleted twice.

This company
Their moderator
And the direction they are taking the game

All of this is a joke.
Why am I still here
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Muted for 2 and half years!!!! Whatt!! some prison sentences are no more than 2 years, this is just a game ffs.

I think the message there is "please just go away - we can ban you, but at that point it's just a formality and you should save us the effort and just take the hint"

That said I've quit other games because of overly simplistic and/or hamfisted auto moderation suites and nannybots that would send you to the banned lands for any of the following:

--Whispering in any language that's not English when your client is the English version
--Saying to a party member "I'll see if I can ..." because four letters in that text string can be joined together to say something not-nice in Italian
--Typing the words "age" or "birthday" (for obvious reasons) in ANY context, even if it's in the name of the very game you're playing (e.g. Age of Empires)
--Typing any numerals separated by a space. Apparently some companies' products think this constitutes trying to share a phone number and will mute you
--Posting links anywhere

Meanwhile you can name your characters all sorts of nasty things, or your home city screens can be filled with corpses or dioramas of ethnic violence, or your hideouts/base worlds can be blatantly dogwhistle bigotry and hate or just emotionally disturbing af, and community staffers don't care. (In a game like poe it's hard to say this is even unwelcome, because the entire game is edgelord horror gore fantasyland, and if they don't have forsaken masters in cages over fire pits it doesn't feel right.)
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
I left global 1 and hid global chat pretty much at first login. Not PoE's fault, I've never played a game where default global or region chat wasn't utter garbage.

Banning seems more appropriate for RMT proponents.

Automoderation with stiff penalties seems less than ideal. Posts here suggest a lot of minor and/or innocent infractions may be caught in the crossfire. Moderation by humans, or extremely graduated penalties with humans required both for applying the strictest and longest term penalties and reviewing appeals seems fairer. A thousand day mute strikes me as a bizarre measure, I didn't realise such a thing existed.

Connecting a chat mute with a trade ban feels like conflating two separate penalties, despite the shared mechanism. I can see how a trade ban would necessitate a chat mute, but less so in reverse.
Honestly, with the combination of:

* Arbitrary, non-disclosed and intransparent moderation rules
* Forced SSF (in a game balanced around trade!) for the latter
* Exponentially escalating ban + mute + forced SSF duration

I wouldn't have put a single Euro into this game. Using chat seems to be something like a game of chance "will I be able to play still after saying something harmless now or not", as if one walks through a minefield.

Never thought I'd say this but with the evidence on reddit and the examples brought up here... just wow.

Scary stuff.

I regret buying the supporter packs now.

And no, I was never muted, banned or blocked. But I despise minefields and arbitrariness.

Learning for me: always do my due diligence on actual behaviour of the company / moderation first before spending money, not only looking at the game itself, but also the risk caused by the game "governance". Will look @ reddit next time before I go for another game about how the company behaves towards their paying customers.

Wasn't a cheap lesson, though.
Last edited by navigator4223 on Feb 9, 2024, 1:22:12 AM
"
QuaQaq wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Did Support also accidentally remove the edit note they should've left while removing?

or ... hmmm

:)
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
Weakest bit of cowardice, just like actions taken against some people of note here lately. When you go this far down the Riot Games idiocy path... its cheap excuses for money, thin-skinned sensitivities, and/or both.

To quote Optimus - I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

LE and new offerings in the genre... why hello there.
Last edited by Khidar on Feb 9, 2024, 4:26:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info