The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

Hello! This afternoon I bought this map and give it a good shot. Spoilers included, so don't read if you want to try yourself. Although my advice is not to do this map yet.

The Coward's Trial

Spoiler
However,

My advice is to NOT do this map untill this has been looked further into. The map exists of 3 seperate rooms which have about 6 portals each where spawn about 3 mobs from. In the first 2 rooms I managed to clear it and was fairly hard. As well, it always spawns a summoner which revives the skeletons. However, they all spawn INSTANTLY when this rare comes. He summons ALL the monsters right away. No way to counter this. However, I still managed to clear the first 2 room.

Then it happend. The last room was fairly hard and managed to keep it clear before new waves were spawning. When the end boss spawned (unique summoner) he somehow INSTANTLY revived the whole room which spawned about litteritly over 50 mobs. The worst part is that they are all effected by the aurau which increases their crit chance and crit damage. As well, most of them have immune to curse, resist elemental damage, frenzy charge to allies when killed and on top of that, they get instantly revived when you kill them. Even if this is on the other side of the room and out of line of sight of the summoner.

I really have the feeling that this encounter is bugged. As soon as the unique end boss spawned, ALL the other mobs were instantly revived, giving me fps drop from 60+ to 5~ fps. I managed to kill some mobs, however, they applied frenzy charges to allies which resulted in an instant dead.

I did try it 5 more times, but nonetheless, as soon as I entered the room, I always got my fps drop to 5~, all the mobs instantly trying to nuke me resulting in an instant dead. Even if I tried to kill them, move out of the way, decoy totem or corpse explosion; it does not work.

This should really be fixed. In no way should a summoner instantly spawn all the mobs, even the ones that are at the other side of the room combined when they are out line of sight.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Piece of shit garbage, worst thing I have ever seen in this game so far...

Edit: seems to be not a bug after all

"
Rhys wrote:
The final boss, the Infector of Dreams, is supposed to mass-revive all the dead enemies when he spawns. It is not a bug.

I guess it's almost impossible to do this map solo :/

Last edited by fgcewoud on Apr 22, 2013, 6:58:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Wow that looks awesome.
Have to get myself that map asap.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 22, 2013, 9:11:41 AM
Looks interesting :) Should have made a video... but thanks anyway for sharing this!

The mobs... are there any chaos dmg dealers in the waves? Puncture mobs? And how much room for running and stuff is in the map areas? Can you hide and try to pull only a few mobs at a time?
placeholder for creative sig
Last edited by Undon3 on Apr 22, 2013, 9:23:17 AM
This is living proof why PoE will never achieve the greatness it seeks. And I am not talking about unfairness of opponents in this map, I am talking about map itself.

The map sounds fun and since GGG hates all fun things, the map is not a normal map and part of end game but this super rare thing some people are only going to play once...

Last edited by Torin on Apr 22, 2013, 9:35:32 AM
One of the best map i have played so far. Its funny

Maybe you should l2p because its too easy imo. Maybe last room where there are 25 rhoas its worst part but you have granites right?

Again one of the best maps i have played, dont blame the map, blame your build/gear/hands or whatever
yea because going to 5fps because 50 mobs are rezzed at once is so hardcore and difficult. Juts like desync.

"
This is living proof why PoE will never achieve the greatness it seeks. And I am not talking about unfairness of opponents in this map, I am talking about map itself.

The map sounds fun and since GGG hates all fun things, the map is not a normal map and part of end game but this super rare thing some people are only going to play once...

+1

But you know... its a hardcore game... its not designed to be fun.
Last edited by KarraKurri on Apr 22, 2013, 9:42:36 AM
"
Undon3 wrote:
Looks interesting :) Should have made a video... but thanks anyway for sharing this!

The mobs... are there any chaos dmg dealers in the waves? Puncture mobs? And how much room for running and stuff is in the map areas? Can you hide and try to pull only a few mobs at a time?

It's more of a rage-thread. I couldn't even move with 5~ fps.

I had some puncture mobs in the 2nd area. The areas are fairly small. The third area (where the last boss spawned) was slightly bigger, but there is no way to move or kite around. You always take insane amount of damage if you are not prepared/build for it.

"
Torin wrote:

Cannot agree more. Although, I hope they add more things like this to the game.

"
sanleon wrote:
One of the best map i have played so far. Its funny

Maybe you should l2p because its too easy imo. Maybe last room where there are 25 rhoas its worst part but you have granites right?

Again one of the best maps i have played, dont blame the map, blame your build/gear/hands or whatever

Stop trolling, you didn't even read the post. And I assume the mobs that are in the map are random (like all other maps). Thus why I'm mentioning this as a bug. The end boss instantly summoned all the mobs in the room (no exceptions). Which leaded me to a 5~ fps drop.
My FPS was fine when I ran it. Probably most fun map I've ever ran.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

asshole
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Shit man, nobody ever doubted that :) We KNOW you're doing fine in PoE, whatever aspect of the game.
placeholder for creative sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info