Immortal King WW Marauder [tanking merciless Kole and Vaal]

"
gokulnath wrote:
dude am at level 39 at cruel act2 .heavy strike dps is 1000 and its like 1 shot death for white monster and used cyclone it has only 261dps and 100 mana cost,which makes it unable to use it due to high cost.at what level we should use cyclone?..he is getting three shotes to death by magic skeleton.i dont know whats the reason.i took resolute and and mace dmg node near life leech and went to take life node near templar .should i take the life node route or mace dmg?.or should i get the armor node at starting point of mara?.. my dmg reduction is 33 percent .love ur build and my life is 906 .i am waiting for nice mana pool to use cyclone.sweep dmg is 390 in 4l and using life gain on hit to gain health.wating to be ww barbarian soon.proud to tell that urs builds the only only phy mara build and its damn rocking to the core.

Sounds like you have way too much stuff linked to cyclone.

with
cyclone - melee damage - faster attacks - stun
or
cyclone - melee damage - faster attacks - sweep
setups
it should not cost more than 55 mana, and I would suggest you don't take its cost above that. 2% mana leech from glove/belt/ring/amulet will let you spin as much as you want with such a set-up.
You should NOT link life leech or life gain on hit to cyclone -- it is too expencive, and your huge physical damage should allow you to leech plenty with the 2% leech passive and any life leech you can get on gear.

906 life is a bit too low for lvl39, but you probably just need to find some more +life on gear, in any case it will reach higher when you take the templar nodes.

"
badtz wrote:
I still need the stun gem, at least till I get down to the last damage nodes (cant quite stun lock vaal/piety and some map bosses yet), and getting 3 red and a green on the 5 link portion so far has been impossible, if I ever get 4 red 1 green ... well i'll be happy =D. Need a lot more chromes for this though

Stun gem is the key to the build! :)
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
Last edited by Deen1983 on May 12, 2013, 2:49:25 PM
Ok I didn't realize I had moved my increased duration gem, now that I re linked it to immortal call wow. Also finally got the colors I needed so I can run all 3 auras, now I chill/freeze + stun half of what I hit with hatred running. Now to find a quality immortal call! Hopefully I can get to maps in a few more days as time allows, will update after that.

gokulnath: I found I didnt really need cyclone till act III by then you should have the dps and leech to use cyclone without issue. (my cyclone is only lvl 4 on purpose though, I mostly use cyclone to get inside a group with endurance charges up then immortal call + sweep once I'm where I want to be). Once you get good with cyclone though it will leech back enough mana to spam it if you want. It took me a while to get the hang of it though.
hi i am fairly new to this game, and this build looks rather interesting (reminiscent of the good old diablo 2 days) i was wondering what type of gear would u look out for during the early stages of leveling? Is it just basically armor/hp/life? And how viable is it once u reach merciless? Would it be dependent on a lot of gear?
"
FuNkYz wrote:
hi i am fairly new to this game, and this build looks rather interesting (reminiscent of the good old diablo 2 days) i was wondering what type of gear would u look out for during the early stages of leveling? Is it just basically armor/hp/life? And how viable is it once u reach merciless? Would it be dependent on a lot of gear?

It's plenty viable in merciless. The gear you need is specific (good belt and 2handed mace with stun-threshold reduction), but its not expensive and you will be able to buy it with the currency you find through normal play.
Armor is not a priority for the build - life/resistances and damage are more important. Look for strength on gear to boost your life and physical damage.
can / does this build make use of multistrike? if so how?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Deen1983 wrote:
"
gokulnath wrote:
dude am at level 39 at cruel act2 .heavy strike dps is 1000 and its like 1 shot death for white monster and used cyclone it has only 261dps and 100 mana cost,which makes it unable to use it due to high cost.at what level we should use cyclone?..he is getting three shotes to death by magic skeleton.i dont know whats the reason.i took resolute and and mace dmg node near life leech and went to take life node near templar .should i take the life node route or mace dmg?.or should i get the armor node at starting point of mara?.. my dmg reduction is 33 percent .love ur build and my life is 906 .i am waiting for nice mana pool to use cyclone.sweep dmg is 390 in 4l and using life gain on hit to gain health.wating to be ww barbarian soon.proud to tell that urs builds the only only phy mara build and its damn rocking to the core.

Sounds like you have way too much stuff linked to cyclone.

with
cyclone - melee damage - faster attacks - stun
or
cyclone - melee damage - faster attacks - sweep
setups
it should not cost more than 55 mana, and I would suggest you don't take its cost above that. 2% mana leech from glove/belt/ring/amulet will let you spin as much as you want with such a set-up.
You should NOT link life leech or life gain on hit to cyclone -- it is too expencive, and your huge physical damage should allow you to leech plenty with the 2% leech passive and any life leech you can get on gear.

906 life is a bit too low for lvl39, but you probably just need to find some more +life on gear, in any case it will reach higher when you take the templar nodes.

"
badtz wrote:
I still need the stun gem, at least till I get down to the last damage nodes (cant quite stun lock vaal/piety and some map bosses yet), and getting 3 red and a green on the 5 link portion so far has been impossible, if I ever get 4 red 1 green ... well i'll be happy =D. Need a lot more chromes for this though

Stun gem is the key to the build! :)

dude thanks to ur advice and thanks for ur reply. i reduced to three gem link using cyclone melee gem stun.sad i dont have faster attacks gem.dude now my mana is 43 only.imo now my only attack is cyclone.and its awesome.i am so happy to use this gem and this awesome sexy super awesome build is rocking to the end core.thanks again for ur advice. have fun dude
thanks for ur suggestion dude now mana problem solved due to the dual leech unique belt.now i can spam this skill continuously but only in tight groups.dude this build is the only build that made my effort happy.marvelous gem cyclone with core key gem stun with high dps maul make this build non gear dependent.heavy strike with stun gem make this build boss killer.
everyone should follow this super awesome build. even a newbie can build it.hats of for the poster for sharing.lots of fun .but i die if i get frozen or shocked due to lack of currency and gear to buy .but i dont care dying because for me this build turned into glass cannon build .but he can tank only if the monster is stunned.anyhow i am at level 39 rushing to get life node.to survive more getting all the 20 dex node i can get near the strength area.
Last edited by gokulnath on May 13, 2013, 1:27:26 PM
"
badtz wrote:
Ok I didn't realize I had moved my increased duration gem, now that I re linked it to immortal call wow. Also finally got the colors I needed so I can run all 3 auras, now I chill/freeze + stun half of what I hit with hatred running. Now to find a quality immortal call! Hopefully I can get to maps in a few more days as time allows, will update after that.

gokulnath: I found I didnt really need cyclone till act III by then you should have the dps and leech to use cyclone without issue. (my cyclone is only lvl 4 on purpose though, I mostly use cyclone to get inside a group with endurance charges up then immortal call + sweep once I'm where I want to be). Once you get good with cyclone though it will leech back enough mana to spam it if you want. It took me a while to get the hang of it though.

dude thanks for ur suggestion.u rite dude.now my problem solved a little. when i level more i will post how this build is functioning in higher level using poor mans items.love this build a lot.i am using sweep with life gain hit gem to survive.it can also do decent dmg.its fun to use this gem.
"
Deen1983 wrote:
It's plenty viable in merciless. The gear you need is specific (good belt and 2handed mace with stun-threshold reduction), but its not expensive and you will be able to buy it with the currency you find through normal play.
Armor is not a priority for the build - life/resistances and damage are more important. Look for strength on gear to boost your life and physical damage.

Awesome thanks for the reply :D. Hopefully I'll make this build work. Would you roughly know how much a good weapon and belt cost? Would it matter then if I got an evasion type armor with good stats? Just with the passive skills early on, would it be better to go for the damage nodes down the tree or pick up the hp nodes and then go down? Is there anything I should be rushing to get early on during levelling? Thanks man.
Last edited by FuNkYz on May 13, 2013, 7:32:13 PM
You can buy a good 2h mace for 10-15 chaos, thats the most expensive thing you need. Before that you can go up to end of act1 merciless with Geofri's Baptism maul - 2-3 chaos orbs. For belt I would chose a studded belt with life and resists (and reduced stun threshold) - they are cheaper than leather belts and very good for this build - 5 chaos can get you a good one.

Yeah an evasion armor can work as well if it has good mods, but you probably will not have the dexterity for the top end evasion armors in the endgame. I would get the HP up to heart of the gladiator first, then go for Resolute Technique and mace damage there, and only then get the 2h damage nodes near marauder start.
Current gear:
Spoiler

Also have

to try and link, got it for 5 chaos (probably could have got it for less)

Still need to find a better belt and still have quite a bit of HP I can get on gear (and just plain better gear for that matter, self found except for the gloves, chest and one ring loaned by a friend). I'm currently at 2954 HP, 6945 dps with heavy strike 2027 dps with sweep and 1132 with cyclone with hatred on. Also still trying to find a perfect flask combo, but removes bleeding on my quicksilver has saved me from no small number of puncture deaths and removes shock is also good according to the area/map. Phys reflect is a pain but I can usually leech though it, when i cant I back off and let my party handle the mob. Also be wary of those mobs buffed by significant additional phys damage, they hurt tons, and mobs with the gives frenzy charge on death mod rare (enfeeble helps). Still trying to get the colors on that cloak of flame, but the chest I'm using works well enough with endurance charges up and granite flasks.

I've seen some 2 handed maces on the forums for around 6 GCP or so that are nicer than mine and I just found one with the same damage as mine with 22% attack speed for 5 chaos in trade chat. The guy sold it so fast I probably over offered but its the cheapest upgrade I've bought for any of my chars so far at this level (edit, just got it 6 socketed, now to give to my friend to 5 link!).

My favorite thing about the build, I mostly always get my loot now unless I happen to be cycloning the wrong way when something drops for me or I happen to be in a laggy instance. Today I got my first exalt drop after cycloning in past the mob trying to ninja it and was oh so pleased with myself for my quick thinking =D. Been mostly farming docks, but got to 71 today so I think I will go back to maps and see how that goes. Loving this build.
Last edited by baadtz_maru on May 14, 2013, 10:22:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info