Instant buyouts confirmed in PoE 2

"
CallMeSnake wrote:
So this means, that i have always to take out all my things i want to sell out of the trade when i logoff from the game. Because meanwhile (until i login again) it can be that news come out (for example when league changes and we get the informations what items get legacy or a nerf) and all the players, who read the news because they are oline at this time, buyin my things for 'chaep'.
And after login i have first to check whats new before i put things again in trade... No big deal for players with a few things in trade but if a seller have hundreds in...
If instant buyout is only possible if both players are online, the same problem, who gets the information first what changes 'wins'

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i mean :-)

True but players only see their conveniences, not the edge cases.

I will love purchasing cheap items priced 7-8 years ago as soon as they implement this. Going to be a major shocker when these folks decide to come back.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 10, 2024, 4:52:46 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
CallMeSnake wrote:
So this means, that i have always to take out all my things i want to sell out of the trade when i logoff from the game. Because meanwhile (until i login again) it can be that news come out (for example when league changes and we get the informations what items get legacy or a nerf) and all the players, who read the news because they are oline at this time, buyin my things for 'chaep'.
And after login i have first to check whats new before i put things again in trade... No big deal for players with a few things in trade but if a seller have hundreds in...
If instant buyout is only possible if both players are online, the same problem, who gets the information first what changes 'wins'

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i mean :-)

True but players only see their conveniences, not the edge cases.

I will love purchasing cheap items priced 7-8 years ago as soon as they implement this. Going to be a major shocker when these folks decide to come back.

I didn't realize POE2 existed 7 years ago. And to think, I could have been playing it all this time!
- here's my sig
So stuff that I can never see drop will get rarer cause of the existence of new trade Features?

Well, at least I will be able to buy it.

The dichotomy of PoE item finding is the result of the two extremes.

Comparing it to a game of wack-a-mole the casual player smacks the mole every few seconds pops out a pittance of loot.

Higher end player smacks the moles 100 times a second resulting in 200x loot drops.

Extreme player has a hammer that lets them play 16 boards at once hitting every single mole at once at ultrasonic rates resulting in 1,000,000x the loot drop rate. Then they group with others to boost that even higher.

GGG balances the game around the higher-end folks thereby pooching the average player.

I have no idea how you balance around the disparity.

Short of time-based drops compared to mob kill-based drops.

Reading stories of folks complaining about the current league and how they dropped "only" 4 raw mirrors where I've never seen one in like 13 years of playing.

Times I stop playing the game are when I start to realize (believe) that I'll never get anything good to drop and then just move on to other games that I find more fun.
So the trading place will be the house of Perandus right?

Anyway I'm all for the instant buyout. And yea the pro players and groups will get more benefit out of it. Just like with anything else.

So it's a net plus on comfort.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
JibbityTibbit wrote:
people saying "trading has to have friction" are the equivalent of boomers complaining that kids nowadays google everything rather than reading at the library. get on with the times, old man.

What 'boomers' are saying this? Do you even interact with 'boomers'? And how does this even relate to the discussion in this thread lol? The disconnect here has me so confused. Sorry for the off topic here, but I couldn't resist addressing this.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
"
"
JibbityTibbit wrote:
people saying "trading has to have friction" are the equivalent of boomers complaining that kids nowadays google everything rather than reading at the library. get on with the times, old man.

What 'boomers' are saying this? Do you even interact with 'boomers'? And how does this even relate to the discussion in this thread lol? The disconnect here has me so confused. Sorry for the off topic here, but I couldn't resist addressing this.

Maybe the people complaining about such should be termed Googlers? The kids being born today that will have AI brain chips implanted will laugh at the "old" people using search engines and complaining about their lag or FPS when those googlers could just have their brains directly wired to the internet instead.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
need this in poe 1 so price fixers can go away
I had absolutely on idea SSF players became an elevated class in Path of Exile within the last year or so.

I will continue to have fun completing my character in 4 days instead of 4-6 weeks thanks to the speed and efficiency given to me by free trade
POE2 kind of looks bad to me. This aligns with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info