Instant buyouts confirmed in PoE 2

isnt instant buy out gona mean you cannot price fix anymore tho?
"
Jerexil wrote:

You have to pay more attention to set a correct price.
The "last manual control" is gone.

Yep. So don't set an incorrect price. I'm sure there will be some kind of "failsafe" in place or a warning that alerts the seller that they're pricing it way under the average or minimum, or a timer until the item goes live.

Either way, instant buyout is a good thing, period.
People that poopoo it are probably the price fixers and it's going to hurt them the most.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
twitch.tv

So... tradies gonna trade. Even more. With higher power, speed and volume. Expect the drop rate nerfs and/or balance around the insta trade. Solo or semi-solo players will be definetly "happy" by having this. GGG has to balance the items and scarcity around the new trading environment to compensate the capability of traders to acquire items from the market instead of farming content.

Enjoy the consequences.

Game is stale. Change is good.
I poop, therefore I am.
thank Sin! trading in PoE is the worst possible implementation of trading of all time
S L O W E R
"
Id1eRace wrote:
Already have instant buyouts on console. It 1000x more enjoyable than PC.

erm, no, we don't

We have a half-arsed trade board controlled by a few easily seen fixers, which is about as instant as the last round of evolution.

OP is talking about an actual instant buyout, where you send the price stated and instantly receive the item you want. Not, offer the price and wait X amount of time for seller to actually accept.
i feel like they should have this for currency and consumables but not for items.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
isnt instant buy out gona mean you cannot price fix anymore tho?

You can, it's just going to be a different type of price fixing.

Currently price fixing refers to people listing stuff for prices they never intend to sell for to fool people into offering their items for the same low price and make profit that way. With instant buyouts that don't require the sellers approval to happen after listing this method is no longer available.

However, there is the other type of pricefixing where a guy with too much money buys out all the items and then lists them at a price way above what they are actually worth.

In my opinion the latter is way less of a problem because only people with vast amount of currency can even think about doing it and even then they are limited to items with very low supply where there won't be new pieces for sale by other people by the hundreds every 5 minutes. It's basically limited to mirror level stuff so the vast majority of the playerbase will never even notice it.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Feb 9, 2024, 6:51:44 AM
If only they could figure out a different ruleset for drops in SSF to offset the horrible droprates in the trading environment.
The only people actually upset by this are the tft types who have been profiting off how miserable this game's trading system is.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
So this means, that i have always to take out all my things i want to sell out of the trade when i logoff from the game. Because meanwhile (until i login again) it can be that news come out (for example when league changes and we get the informations what items get legacy or a nerf) and all the players, who read the news because they are oline at this time, buyin my things for 'chaep'.
And after login i have first to check whats new before i put things again in trade... No big deal for players with a few things in trade but if a seller have hundreds in...
If instant buyout is only possible if both players are online, the same problem, who gets the information first what changes 'wins'

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i mean :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info