Instant buyouts confirmed in PoE 2

twitch.tv

So... tradies gonna trade. Even more. With higher power, speed and volume. Expect the drop rate nerfs and/or balance around the insta trade. Solo or semi-solo players will be definetly "happy" by having this. GGG has to balance the items and scarcity around the new trading environment to compensate the capability of traders to acquire items from the market instead of farming content.

Enjoy the consequences.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2024, 5:34:04 PM
Beta will be playtesting area. I bet after this time PoE 1 will get it too with some changes.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Not a game for me, confirmed.
At last.

Will play for longer as soon as its there, can't stomach the annoying downtime just to get some currency changed.

Good to see EHG issued pressure on the ultra backwards trading system in PoE.
I don't think is is a particularly bad way of implementing instant buyouts. It does have some pros and cons, though.

To make an instant buyout, a player would have to use gold. Gold, as far as I know, is not tradeable - so each player wanting to do an instant trade, would have to acquire that gold themselves, aka play the damn game themselves. Depending on how 'rare' gold is, you can't really be a hideout warrior trader if you'd want this option without playing the game a fair amount.

Hoarding + price fixing items will be harder and more cumbersome, which is a good thing.

On a negative note: This will probably result in even less answers from people when you don't want the instant option, with them replying: "Busy, just pay the damn gold".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 30, 2024, 11:49:47 AM
And bots are even "stronger" in automatic trade which are instant buyouts.

You have to pay more attention to set a correct price.
The "last manual control" is gone.

Though one important thing stays.
You can still get best sells when seller doesn't know the real price (or doesn't matter).
If a bot is not faster now ...
Path of even more bots 2
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
People will have to make gold farmer chars that speed clear for gold to be able to trade. The gold tax will only further punish the new/slower players. I can't see a world where this system will feel any better than the current one.
Last edited by arknath on Jan 30, 2024, 5:46:40 PM
PoE already has automatic trades where the items comes to you for the amount you want. It’s called bots. They are completely autonomous and their buy/sell orders are almost-instant. The only difference is YOU don’t have one running. People moping over an AH / inta trade / or any form of friction reduction is probably already in the joke (RMT/bots) so they don’t care and would rather stick with the status quo.
~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Jan 30, 2024, 4:13:04 PM
people saying "trading has to have friction" are the equivalent of boomers complaining that kids nowadays google everything rather than reading at the library. get on with the times, old man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info