[ POE 3.23 ] ONE SHOT! Ambusher Strike (Viper Strike of the Mamba + Ambush)

I'm sure having difficulty believing the POB damage for this build at 17M DPS.

Most of the POB damage comes from a 100% crit chance X 500% crit damage multi.

My calculations of crit on this build is 5% from weapon, + 8% from 3 power charges in boots, + 25% from Ambush. So that is a total of 38% crit. The amulet has a penalty of 45% less crit chance, so that leaves a whopping total crit chance of around 20%.

That hit rate results in 1/5 of the claimed DPS or around 3M DPS.

Please explain how there is a base crit chance of almost 200% before it is halved by the amulet.

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:

My calculations of crit on this build is 5% from weapon, + 8% from 3 power charges in boots, + 25% from Ambush. So that is a total of 38% crit. The amulet has a penalty of 45% less crit chance, so that leaves a whopping total crit chance of around 20%.

Please explain how there is a base crit chance of almost 200% before it is halved by the amulet.

seems there is a custom modifier in configuration that i just found out about.

Attacks have +48.5% to Critical Strike Chance
Attacks have +138% to Critical Strike Multiplier

--Inc 75% from enduring suffusion--
Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 211% increased Damage
Last edited by xabe on Feb 24, 2024, 2:44:49 PM
Thanks for answering. It seems there are some errors in your POB DPS calculations, maybe you should try to get someone that does poison builds to go over it?

Best of luck in your future gaming

I understand the poison one since its for the tincture, but why the +48.5% crits chance?

Ps- sorry for multiple post i was on mobile and it wanst loading for some reason
Last edited by xabe on Feb 25, 2024, 11:04:38 PM
Double post
Last edited by xabe on Feb 25, 2024, 11:05:20 PM
"
xabe wrote:
I understand the poison one since its for the tincture, but why the +48.5% crits chance?

Ps- sorry for multiple post i was on mobile and it wanst loading for some reason

Yes I have the same query too. It seems that "Ambush" Exerted attacks have +47~% critical strike chance when paired with the lvl4 enhance.
Maybe this is calculated in some way.
evolving..
Last edited by sidstar on Feb 27, 2024, 12:41:40 AM
i see, the pob doenst calculate the % crit ambush get with quality.

0.5% crit chance per quality.

(0.5 x 47 = 23.5) then we add the 25% that come with the skill (23.5 + 25 = 48.5)

so now i think i understand a basic ambush with 20% quality would give you 35% more crit chance. that is why there a custom modifier 48.5% on crit chance.

i didnt thought about the quality, thanks sidstar.
"
Skywalkerfx wrote:

I've just quickly checked the original PoB and it's all correct, the crit chance is 100%.

Go to calculations tab and hover over Crit Chance - it will explain it well to you.

The custom property "Attacks have +48.5% to Critical Strike Chance" is added to accommodate Ambush skill buff with lvl 4 Enhance, if you hover over Ambush in PoB you will see this number.
I am looking at starting this since I have always wanted to start PSN-based + a classic skill like Viper Strike. I also want to try something new to me.
I will probably start out as TR / CA and then move into Viper Strike but the big question for me at the moment is:

How viable is this without a Tincture, assuming that Tinctures will not be going core along with the rest of Affliction?
Can good phys-based claws counter the loss of the flat ele damage?

Cheers
I modified the build with varunastra in mind for next league and on paper i am up to 26m dps. Loss around 400-500 max hp because i changed the body armour to the covonant.
Last edited by xabe on Mar 18, 2024, 7:30:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info