[3.23] Chieftain + Warlock = THE GIGA EXPLODER! MF in T16 maps on a 1.5d budget!

Very fun build, but i'm having some trouble keeping the stygian spires alive x.x any tips for that?
I saw some cast while stun setups but those builds differ a little from yours. Was hoping there's a way for us to do it without changing toooo much
Last edited by roeshamboner on Jan 18, 2024, 4:17:13 AM
"
Yes, Pohx leveling guide or RF in general is perfect for leveling this build. I will add it, when I find time. Not sure if he has something for Chieftain up (yet!?).

I dont think its really important to look for the build specifically. The only thing that really is necessary is to go for those early life regen notes on the tree, which are right next to the one you are using. I just picked them, and then continued on your suggested tree, which worked perfectly fine. Once you are back on track, you can just remove them again, took me I think around 10 skillpoints in total to make it work early.

+++

Had a bit of playtime with it, and its really fun!

Only thing thats currently a bit tiring is the unreliability. Sometimes I had situations on a boss where I stood actually for around 20 seconds without a single explosion. I know that this extreme is a bit more of an outlier, but its still a bit frustrating at times.

I think it could also be a cool idea to look into a variation using charms that increase the explody chance. Would be a pretty expensive build, given they go for around 10-30d per charm currently, but I guess you could up the chance to ~10% with 3 charms + that which was taken jewel. You would sacrifice the option to do bosses though, so this would make it a map farmer only.

But again, really fun idea and I love the incorporation of the Warlock tree, which is arguably the least used one.
Last edited by youkai42 on Jan 18, 2024, 9:56:24 AM
"
roeshamboner wrote:
Very fun build, but i'm having some trouble keeping the stygian spires alive x.x any tips for that?
I saw some cast while stun setups but those builds differ a little from yours. Was hoping there's a way for us to do it without changing toooo much

Yeah i'm having this issue as well (unless the map is very juiced by wildwood).
5% chance to explode? How do you scale this?
Thanks for this. What is blade vortex for in the budget set up?
"
jabberjabber2 wrote:

It probably should be vaal BV, but it helps proc the mark/can help against the phantasms that spawn behind you.

With Vaal BV it lets you ignite a huge part of the screen for a lot of regen/helps with clear since it'll manage to kill stuff with RF damage a lot quicker.

I kind of think of this character as like a fighting game, there's a lot of little synergies and combos that make it tick and work, part of the fun for me in the build was figuring out those little combos.

Edit:
Been running herald of ash among some other things to test the build out and it's been one of my favourite additions that isn't expensive at all. I put it over Vitality and it's been an incredible enabler for super dense maps to just cause even longer chain reactions.
Last edited by konakonakona on Jan 21, 2024, 3:17:38 AM
https://pobb.in/ykkwUhDsoE9l

Is it worth going ailment immunity with storm shroud on this build, and if you could check out my DPS it a lot lower idk why
Last edited by Lakosta00 on Jan 21, 2024, 4:07:42 PM
FOund and ran this build last saturday and got into maps by sunday evening, quite enjoying the smooth leveling and ease with which I was able to handle highly juiced T1 maps to level up some more.

Today I noticed something one-shotting me in two occasions. First was a cultist mob in the vinewood, second one was something in a breach. I am not sure why this happens, yesterday nothing came even close to oneshotting me, even a delirious, wisp empowered Glacier boss with his slam attack. What am I missing here?

I am furthermore unsure how I am supposed to get more reservation efficiny to run arctic armor. I got it down to 17%-ish mana reservation, but that's still not quite enough to use alongside Malevolence, Purity of Fire and Punishment.

https://pobb.in/YkD6SkYexPUj
"
Lakosta00 wrote:
https://pobb.in/ykkwUhDsoE9l

Is it worth going ailment immunity with storm shroud on this build, and if you could check out my DPS it a lot lower idk why

I went this route with my mageblood setup. Before that, I don't think it's worth it. Just run Shock Immunity on one of your flasks and you are good to go. You are ignite immune anyway and chill/freeze comes from Pantheons.

"
Nanimonai3 wrote:
FOund and ran this build last saturday and got into maps by sunday evening, quite enjoying the smooth leveling and ease with which I was able to handle highly juiced T1 maps to level up some more.

Today I noticed something one-shotting me in two occasions. First was a cultist mob in the vinewood, second one was something in a breach. I am not sure why this happens, yesterday nothing came even close to oneshotting me, even a delirious, wisp empowered Glacier boss with his slam attack. What am I missing here?

I am furthermore unsure how I am supposed to get more reservation efficiny to run arctic armor. I got it down to 17%-ish mana reservation, but that's still not quite enough to use alongside Malevolence, Purity of Fire and Punishment.

https://pobb.in/YkD6SkYexPUj

The DD in the Wildwoods can slap any build, so that might have been one.
The other thing could be reflect. You don't notice it at all untill you fully charge your Incinerate and release and then oneshot yourself. :D
Other than that idk ^^

"
konakonakona wrote:
"
jabberjabber2 wrote:

It probably should be vaal BV, but it helps proc the mark/can help against the phantasms that spawn behind you.

With Vaal BV it lets you ignite a huge part of the screen for a lot of regen/helps with clear since it'll manage to kill stuff with RF damage a lot quicker.

I kind of think of this character as like a fighting game, there's a lot of little synergies and combos that make it tick and work, part of the fun for me in the build was figuring out those little combos.

Edit:
Been running herald of ash among some other things to test the build out and it's been one of my favourite additions that isn't expensive at all. I put it over Vitality and it's been an incredible enabler for super dense maps to just cause even longer chain reactions.

It was just there for even more hits to recover even more life with Razor. That's it.

"
5% chance to explode? How do you scale this?

You can get a TWWT for 1% extra chance (which is 20% more explosions). Also you can experiment with Mark Effect. If you reach 34% you get another phantasms which basically is 33% more explosions. Other than that you don't scale the chance.

Yes, it can be annoying to wait for an explosion to happen.
"
The DD in the Wildwoods can slap any build, so that might have been one.
The other thing could be reflect. You don't notice it at all untill you fully charge your Incinerate and release and then oneshot yourself. :D
Other than that idk ^^

Ah, the reflect might've been it, since I did not check my map mods. I was a bit too in the headset of the classix Pohx-RF build. ^^

Edit: I also realised that the awakened blasphemy came with a bit more mana reservation efficiency, so that problem's solved as well now. :)
Last edited by Nanimonai3 on Jan 22, 2024, 10:51:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info