[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
Lucivar_Yasi wrote:
why are you using whirling blades with a wand, the skill will not be usable, is there a alternative to this as a usable skill or is there a reason for it that i am not seeing?

I believe that's in the second weapon swap my friend. Was levelling it to test something (getting Elusive). Can ignore it.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
FernetB wrote:
Hey man! thanks for this awesome build, i am lvl 62 and i'm having a blast with this

I have a question, is Runebinder doing something? because we generate stacks with brand recall and i dont know if is still necesary to spend a point.

Cheers!

Could prim or someone explain me about this please?
"
FernetB wrote:
"
FernetB wrote:
Hey man! thanks for this awesome build, i am lvl 62 and i'm having a blast with this

I have a question, is Runebinder doing something? because we generate stacks with brand recall and i dont know if is still necesary to spend a point.

Cheers!

Could prim or someone explain me about this please?

Hey! Did I miss this one? I think I explained this in another post and forgot if it covered all, sorry! Here you go:

Spoiler

"
primaeva wrote:
"
dangminh987 wrote:
Hi, having a blast with the build both in game and irl :D. I'm having some question about the build if you don't mind

1. Why are you allocated Runebinder since the brands are recalled every 1s and not actually attached much on enemies?

2. Between Sabo with +1 Power charge/crit multi and Assassin with Perfect Crime forbidden jewel, which would be better if i have currency for them?

3. If i want to sacrifice damage for more tankiness, what would you recommend?

Hey! Great questions! I’m still typing up a mega update which include many of these answers but you can have the goods first :)

1) Why take Runebinder?

This is purely a Bossing / Uber Bossing node, you’re right, it will barely affect mapping. You can drop it if you wish. It’s a MASSIVE boost to our single-target damage as it adds up to 6 more stacks PER SECOND to our BB Unloads.

How does this happen? Our single-target damage actually increases if you recall the brands to near where the boss is. After they “Reload” you, the Brands reattach to the boss, and tick at a rate of 0.34 or so each. This is 3 activations, or 6 BV stacks (and extra hits). Having just one Brand attach and spawn 6-8 more stacks in between your recall CD (1.17-1.34) will really add up.

The build generally does too much damage for this to matter on even regular Pinnacles (Shaper, etc). But on Ubers, there isn’t anything close to damage/point on the tree. If we calculated the worst case scenario it would be roughly…

0:00 1st Full Unload (10x) = 11x damage
0:34 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
0:68 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:02 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:15 Recall + 2nd Unload (10x) =11x damage

Total of 31 hits. Runebinder adds another 6 stacks in there = 37/31 = 19.3% more damage - that’s with wastage! The end result is probably more (especially if you are assassin, with fewer Recalls, it will go up to 30% more damage possibly).

This will vary as you run around the boss / stagger the casts differently. If 3 points would mean you reach another jewel spot or you prefer some juicy 20% increased life, however, go for it!

2) I hate to say this but Assassin’s Mistwalker is so good, the superior version is still definitely Assassin + Perfect Crime. Elusive feels SO GOOD with this many power charges. Sabo is serviceable and SSF friendly, and very budget, still performs admirably, but MIstwalker is hard to put down. (Mistwalker FF aren’t cheap either anyway…)

3) To make it tankier:

As you spotted, drop Runebinder to free up 3 points. Try to reach another jewel socket. Use it for Bloodnotch + Immutable - these are great and not even that expensive.

Play cold convert and run ToH, Atziri's Promise will add a lot of damage AND chaos res as well.

Take out Pain Attunement, and Petrified Blood. Drop Herald of Purity. You’ll have a much bigger tank to react to damage. Use the mana freed up from not using Petrified Blood and make Determination core (reinvest passive points into res efficiency and slip in an Enlighten in there.) Put in Defiance Banner as well.

Start stacking Life + Crit Mult corrupted jewels with a high roll Adorned (I used 131 + 7% life I think to save some dough).

It’s super super important to be animation cancelling BB with Shield Charge for the build to feel good and for it to just feel like a wrecking ball, hope you are already doing that!

(Do share videos and I can include them in our eventual Character Showcase :))

And to see this in action, here is Shaper (regular), full health (72m HP), blowing up in 0.43 seconds. Look VERY CLOSELY at the BV stacks on top left.

This was not Brand Recall at work. It was Runebinder and Arcanist Brands filling up the stacks so I could spam it.

(Also lol that was with Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate down.)
Last edited by primaeva on Jan 12, 2024, 2:43:02 AM
Hey quick question, did you crafted the gloves and ring yourself? do you mind to share how you crafted it?
"
Hey quick question, did you crafted the gloves and ring yourself? do you mind to share how you crafted it?

Unfortunately not. Frostbite on hit rings are self farmable via cold nodes in Delve (which is quite profitable and chill this league I hear), but you really got to hit a lot of nodes to land a good ring. Fortunately this build slaps in delve since it is highly mobile and has natural large area control.

(It just plain wrecks because everything in delve is a Sphere which the AoE covers.)

Gloves I believe you get a fractured + dex one, fossil spam temple mods to get Cold to chilled targets, and then if you have an open prefix slap in the % converted to cold.

The implicits are somewhat expensive but also at least not horribly weighted.

You roll until you hit conversion on Eater mod. Then you put in a "higher" level Exarch mod. Then you Orb of Conflict, which tends to sacrifice the "higher" mod to push up the lower mod.

Then you repeat again until the Eater mod (conversion) is "pushed" high enough, within your budget. Use craftofexile to project costs. I got mine at 15 div, you can probably make a pair for 8-20 div (yes, you may lose the gamba).
https://pobb.in/QoPvEV2JABvc

Hey. Ive been playing the Cold Sabo version, made a few minor tweaks to get my life up. Ive been doing tier 16 wisp maps, not completely invincible, but i destroy everythgin on the map. Such a fun build dude. Added my POB, in case you ahev time to ahev a look and maybe have some suggestions.

Question: How do we configure the POB? Blades per sec? or per cast? and wat number?
Last edited by Crood_Oyl on Jan 12, 2024, 6:16:56 PM
Hi, you mentioned about animation cancelling using shield charge, does it do the same if I use flame dash/frost blink instead?

Btw,im struggling on replacing the area effect charm with crit multi charm,i wonder if that will affect the map clearing speed? (70-80m dps, no issue on damage)

Last edited by junyantan on Jan 12, 2024, 8:36:37 PM
I just wanted to thank you, primaeva, for the best and most fun build I've ever played. I started this build cold convert sabo, buying and crafting everything ahead of the transition at level 85 for about 30-40 div. A couple of more div for some charms and I was blasting 100%+ quant twisted invitations. Invitation farming isn't really as fun as I thought, but I made the 40 div needed to buy the perfect crime jewels and transition into assassin. Now I can do t16 4k+ wisp deli mirror legion farming, and I even did 100%+ quant uber exarch invitations (dying from the ball phase lol).

And I guess just a question, does this build benefit from a headhunter at all?
"
Crood_Oyl wrote:
https://pobb.in/QoPvEV2JABvc

Hey. Ive been playing the Cold Sabo version, made a few minor tweaks to get my life up. Ive been doing tier 16 wisp maps, not completely invincible, but i destroy everythgin on the map. Such a fun build dude. Added my POB, in case you ahev time to ahev a look and maybe have some suggestions.

Question: How do we configure the POB? Blades per sec? or per cast? and wat number?

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it :D

Your gear and items are about 97% there! Only a few optimisations remain:

1) Put 2 points into the Force Multiplier on the Cluster, top right.

You can drop 2 Magnifier Nodes to pick this up. Force Multiplier is a crazy strong passive (alongside Pressure points) that adds a HUGE chunk of damage due to the inherent Double Damage.

2) Pathing to Doom Cast (3 points) instead of Nimbleness will lose you a little bit of QoL (14% cast speed) for a bunch more damage by enabling 100% crit rate. Try it. If you feel it makes BB too sluggish to cast, that's fine, just go back. (bear in mind that 11 frenzies + Onslaught = 64% cast speed already)

3) 3-passive Cold Cluster Jewel

This will raise the value of your current left cluster set up by a fair amount, for not much more dollars.

4) Of course, a stronger Adorned.

Goes without saying. The price of these have really popped off now so I would place this as more of an end-goal, but I see you have some crazy magic jewels going. Eventually this is a great area to pump all your money into, a 130%+ Adorned over your current would put give you 280 more life and ~1m more damage, just like that!

--------------------------

HOW TO USE PoB CORRECTLY - Oh damn you right, we COULD be using 11 hits instead of 10. Haha.

The best indication within PoB is to set it to 11, but use Blade hits per SECOND.

Blade Hits per Cast assumes you are spamming Unload with a full 10-stack all the time, which isn't feasible since we don't Reload that often.

But the TRUE ACCURATE WAY to calculate DPS is to divide the BLADE HITS PER SEC number further by your Brand Recall Cooldown, since that's how often you get a full 10 stack going. This should give you a rough estimate of mapping DPS.

The good news is, on Uber Bosses, that number is probably realistically much higher. Two reasons:

1) You can Unload-Recall-Unload in a very short amount of time for a massive burst.

2) Your brands will attach to the target and continue to give you 2 stacks PER BRAND per 0.3x seconds (roughly).

With enough investment the build can probably phase Ubers once the 70% DR has calmed down a bit.

Thanks for sharing with us your experience! Of course, Forbidden Flame/Flesh Perfect Crime assassin would be one last thing you SHOULD try, Assassin goes fast, and hits really hard. Alternatively, try Mistwalker FFs (but they aren't much cheaper).
"
junyantan wrote:
Hi, you mentioned about animation cancelling using shield charge, does it do the same if I use flame dash/frost blink instead?

Btw,im struggling on replacing the area effect charm with crit multi charm,i wonder if that will affect the map clearing speed? (70-80m dps, no issue on damage)

Yes, both those will work! In fact Frostblink works better than Shield Charge, lol!

Blink and chain into a Shield Charge for max coverage on an Unload.

(Singaporean..?)

It depends on the map, the AoE. I dropped all AoE charms and some AoE nodes, it's still great for most layouts. The VERY BIG OPEN layouts however (Canyon/Desert) you may have to "spot clean" more than before, but in general the massive clearance from the skill alone is all you need.

Put in one charm if you feel your damage is solid enough and observe the difference; AoE has diminishing returns so its not that big a deal unless you're trying to bring down clear times to ~40 sec and that bit of edge missing hurts that goal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info