[No longer playable] Self-Shock Galvanic Field - A Reverse Snapshotting Autobomber

"
Arkace1658 wrote:
"
How in the world do you do eternal lab on this character. I've wasted so much time and money buying offerings, just cant pass traps, dies instantly. Any tips?

It was much easier for me to not have Arcane Cloak on LMB so I could actually see the traps.

I actually managed to do it just now - replaced arrogance with vitality (thankfully had a lvl 16 in stash) for most part, just using vitality and herald of thunder. About 2k life and 4k ES.
Occasionally if it was traps only - I would add life flask just incase.

For Izario I would just switch back to normal setup (arrogance, no life flask)
Last edited by TheGodofPhysics on Dec 25, 2023, 9:16:28 AM
A couple other things about this

Flask uptime is not 100% even with the flask enchant (but its pretty close)

I believe the reason dmg feels weird is because galv field doesnt look like its on all the time (but it does look like im shocked all the time)

I think we need to lower its duration to around either a bit less then 4 or a bit higher then 4 cause i think its skipping casting or something

So far i tried a 20/20 less dur and it isnt on a lot more then without it (goes from 6 dur to like 2.42 or something)

Edit: a lvl 1 brings it to 3.60 dur and a lvl 1 inc dur brings it to 8.70 so im not sure how thats going to work

Adding on to this why are we using less dur and swift on arcane cloak? that makes the buff itself last less then a sec but the cooldown is the same (we want this buff longer dont we...? lol)
Last edited by Lynerus on Dec 25, 2023, 6:36:12 PM
Thats why you actually very squishy:
1) Resists on flasks.
DO NOT COUNT VINKTAR LIGHT RES! Vinktar is not 100% uptime and never will be. You need too many flask charges gain. So you need to get full light res from rares.

Your second flask never will be 100% uptime with The Traitor keystone only. Traitor procs every 5 seconds and flask lasts ~7.5 secs. So you forever out of sinc - flask stops before next pack of charges come. You can fix it with charm "flask charge every 3 sec" (4 div) or simply by change flask enchant to "Reused at the end of this Flask's effect".

2) We heavily reduce Arcane Cloak duration. In fact you can disable arcane cloak in PoB to see your actual hit pool. No fixes here. We need Arcane Cloak duration + cooldown to be between 4 and 5 seconds.

3) All recovery happens from leech. All this nasty after death effects hits heavy. Then arcane cloak proc and death. You need to get Zealot's Oath and stack health + es regen. Starting with full recovery between arcane cloak procs and scale beyond.

4) Galvanic field uptime. If galvanic field ends move to next pack only when Vinktar is up. INCREASING GALVANIC FIELD DURATION WILL NOT WORK! We reapplying galvanic buff every 4 seconds and damaging sphere appears only when Vinktar is up and HoT strikes enemy. Only one fix here: juce your map for more monsters, you have only time before next arcane cloak between packs.
Plz someone solve my Survivability, Unstable Damage problems.

Notice
- I can sustain Vinktar 100% Uptime. (Traitor, +1 charge every 3 sec(charm), +30% increased flask charge gain(Brutal Restraint mods))
So I checked Vinktar Flask.
- My maximum Mana is too high. so I reserved mana (Discipline w/o Eternal Blessing)

Here is my PoB (no config)
https://pobb.in/fIne6kG_7VjF

Edit) I almost got enough budget for Split Personality. So, my passives tree is like that.
Last edited by knj1682 on Dec 26, 2023, 10:54:27 AM
"
knj1682 wrote:
Plz someone solve my Survivability, Unstable Damage problems.

Notice
- I can sustain Vinktar 100% Uptime. (Traitor, +1 charge every 3 sec(charm), +30% increased flask charge gain(Brutal Restraint mods))
So I checked Vinktar Flask.

Actually you can't.
9.6 seconds flask uptime x 4.51 charges per second = 43,296 and you need 45.
Plus second Traitor proc occeurs at 10'th second.
You can try "Reused at the end of this Flask's effect" enchant. Or get hillock +28 flask quality craft and increase uptime to 10.24.

Spoiler
"
3) All recovery happens from leech. All this nasty after death effects hits heavy. Then arcane cloak proc and death. You need to get Zealot's Oath and stack health + es regen. Starting with full recovery between arcane cloak procs and scale beyond.

I took a look at your profile. The only life regen mod i could spot was the one on That Which Was Taken. Is this enough for making a significant difference?
Sorry about the late response to a lot of these posts, but since a lot of the unanswered questions are similar (around the defenses and flame dash killing yourself) I figured I could answer most of them in one go. Fundamentally this build is just not that tanky, we 65% shock ourselves and have minimal physical mitigation (4 endurance charges). You can choose to drop damage for defense (this is often a good option since we quickly hit the point where more damage mostly stops mattering), but especially at low budgets (< 10 divines) we rely on having massive energy shield and energy shield leech. We also need to have enemies on screen at least every 6 seconds or Galvanic Field could drop off temporarily. This means that low density maps, league mechanics with lots of downtime (e.g Harvest) and backtracking are going to be risky early on. The build is also definitely not a league starter, it isn't expensive (~5 divines) but the build does not function without the mandatory items and ~5k mana and ~8k energy shield.

One thing that you shouldn't have to worry about though is killing yourself by casting flame dash, curses or anything else. But it is an issue I see a lot of people, understandably, running into. The issue is that there a lot of reasons why this could be happening and its difficult to identify which is responsible just in POB, but here are the most common reasons it could be happening and how to check which one yours is.

1. Cast when Damage Taken is too low of level (take out Cast when Damage Taken and see if you still have issues)

2. Unable to sustain mana costs (check if you regenerate back to full mana before Arcane Cloak comes off cooldown while in hideout)

3. Capping lightning resistance with Vessel of Vinktar (unequip Vessel of Vinktar and check resistances)

4. Having Arcane Cloak's duration + cooldown significantly more than 4 seconds (check tooltip, should be .9 second duration and a 3.33 second cooldown)

5. Having Arcane Cloak's duration + cooldown less than 4 seconds (see previous)

6. Casting too many spells manually in less than four seconds (stop manually casting spells besides flame dash and see if you still have the issue)

7. Just taking big hits during mapping that occur because of dashing into melee range or having to stand still to cast (see if you can replicate it in hideout)

Might have forgotten one, but hope that helps!
"
tomc33 wrote:
"
ohn09 wrote:
I fixed the ele reflect issue with a charm. Immunity to bleeding is also available in a charm (but I got the % life/es heal on kill instead). Should I replace herald of ash with something like arctic armor to be immune to freeze? Being stuck frozen without curing it with a flask seems to be tough to deal with

Soul of the Brine King pantheon solves this once you've captured Merveil with a Divine Vessel.

Jumioh
, Merry Christmas and thanks for the build. I am both having a lot of fun with it, but also quite a bit of frustration with its random fragility (as echoed by a few of the other posters). Unless I've just loaded into a map, or know for sure that my Galvanic Field / Vinktar's have just refreshed, I am terrified of pressing my Flame Dash, curse or either circle skill for fear of nearly depleting my ES or flat out suiciding - something that happens every other map.

I also find myself often having to hang around for a few seconds for my Vinktar to refresh before starting to clear again if I've stopped to loot or interact with an Atlas mechanic, but I don't think there's any way to get around that.

Sat at 7.2k mana and 10.9k ES, I'm using a level 1 Arcane Cloak with a combined 5.12 second buff+cd, which incorporates a 10% buffer, so I think I'm good there. Are the above just things I need to be more careful with and play around (skill issue), or is there something massively obvious that I am missing?

https://pobb.in/EPKhJ96UoUFz

My next planned point is the Elemental Mastery exposure node, as I don't think there are any other passives that will help out with my survivability problems.

Thanks again for the build - it has been a fun journey so far!

Thanks! The problem's almost certainly from the Arcane Cloak, the cooldown + duration should be 4.22 seconds not 5.12, make sure its linked to Swift Affliction and 20/20 Less Duration and that you're taking the small passives leading up to Dynamo but not Dynamo itself. The reason that this is so important is that if you manually cast a spell in the window between Galvanic Field coming off cooldown and Arcane Cloak coming off cooldown two times in a row you will have to pay the full cost of Galvanic Field. The second window size also scales based off of the offset of the first window (average 1.5 times size of the first window). Ultimately that means that hitting that window twice in a row when the first window is ~0.2 is almost impossible (very difficult even if you are specifically trying to), but when the first window is ~1.1 seconds it will frequently happen during normal mapping.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 26, 2023, 2:51:13 PM
"
sobotkaa wrote:
Hey im looking for strong Autobomber budged 200-300 div for farming juicy crimsons with 3.23 mechanic is this build good for it

Definitely should be, was farming 100% delirious t16 maps with league mechanic on ~20 divine budget. You'll still probably be dying once every map or two though, so wouldn't count on leveling unless you can find a way maintain Coruscating Elixir.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 26, 2023, 2:58:11 PM
"
Lynerus wrote:
A couple other things about this

Flask uptime is not 100% even with the flask enchant (but its pretty close)

I believe the reason dmg feels weird is because galv field doesnt look like its on all the time (but it does look like im shocked all the time)

I think we need to lower its duration to around either a bit less then 4 or a bit higher then 4 cause i think its skipping casting or something

So far i tried a 20/20 less dur and it isnt on a lot more then without it (goes from 6 dur to like 2.42 or something)

Edit: a lvl 1 brings it to 3.60 dur and a lvl 1 inc dur brings it to 8.70 so im not sure how thats going to work

Adding on to this why are we using less dur and swift on arcane cloak? that makes the buff itself last less then a sec but the cooldown is the same (we want this buff longer dont we...? lol)

Would be very cautious playing around with duration, any generic duration will cause problems. Galvanic Field won't skip casts as long as Arcane Cloak has a cooldown + duration of at least 4 seconds. We want Galvanic Field itself to last as long possible, linking Increased Duration to it will be a quality of life improvement at the cost of damage (could absolutely be worth it at high investments, might even be at the 5 divine level if you don't care about pinnacles).
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 26, 2023, 3:05:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info