Transfigured gems have near zero usability versus alternate gems from Heist

"
Both sets of gems have their duds for sure, Other than game bloat which is something we do have to worry about i can't think of much of a reason not to re-integrate alternate gem quality and given how heist works it is wierd that it would be anywhere but there.

What if they added alternative gcp or a device/other item that could add this alternate quality similar to the catalysts?

Not sure if making gems this "3-dimensional" doesn't do more harm than good. You'd have to maintain alternative qualities for all the transfigured versions as well. If you only do it for the base set of gems you will have people asking "why not for everything" and it turns into a huge mess.

Sure, adding more value back to Heist would be good, but as that makes its return we're back to square 1
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Berzal wrote:
"
Selenti wrote:
Unfortunately, I think GGG's usual "trickery" with presenting nerfs as buffs and features leads people astray. If you look at what was removed, the real goal of the transfigured gems change was to deploy massive nerfs across the board in player power to allow them to give it back as new league "features" down the road.

Alternate gem quality was a mixed bag; some were really good, some just sidegrades, some downgrades. But enchants? Enchants were almost ALWAYS straight-up upgrades. In some cases, they were upgrades you couldn't feasibly get anywhere else. +25% AoE on blade flurry? Good luck getting that on tree, if you already grabbed the one AoE wheel there is nothing else available, if you DIDN'T grab it because you were short points, that's 4 passives it gave you. And unlike item mods it wasn't coming at any cost, just a free bonus.

I think if you look at the change overall it's explicit that it was meant to nerf player power to give them more design headroom, the messaging was just there to prevent players from raging. I do find this approach to PR misguided because once players realize you are intentionally trying to manipulate and fool them they get MORE angry in the end, and in a way that leads them to hold a grudge, because it wasn't just a nerf you gave them, but you trying to deceive them into thinking it wasn't what it was.

Absolutely agree.
BV duration enchant is gone.BV leech is gone too.
Poison sparks are dead.
Vortex autobomber are dead.
And unable to use skill on run button was presented like QoL changes, but its directly the opposite.

And yet, Archmage BV is a super viable zoomer build in SC and Ben_ is playing BV + BB of Unloading in HC.

The real "issue" is that people are so unwilling to try new things they never get to experience how fun & exciting many of the new gems are. Shame, really.

Archmage bv already WAS zoomer. Shame that only 0,000000000001% tryed this. Another question.If i like banana and you giving me melon,why i should try and like melon,if i like banana?Whats shameful here? [Removed by Support] I have my toy, you have your own toys, developers comes and broke my toys - why i have to be happy about that?I dont want new if its mean sacrifice the old ones which i loved.
Last edited by Berzal on Apr 8, 2024, 11:16:09 PM
"
Berzal wrote:
Archmage bv already WAS zoomer. Shame that only 0,000000000001% tryed this. Another question.If i like banana and you giving me melon,why i should try and like melon,if i like banana?Whats shameful here? [Removed by Support] I have my toy, you have your own toys, developers comes and broke my toys - why i have to be happy about that?I dont want new if its mean sacrifice the old ones which i loved.

Because GGG has always maintained that nothing is permanent and that they will make changes in order to keep the game fresh. Gems are not excluded from that philosophy. If you eat melon all day, one day you will tire of it. If you've been around for a while you should be used to it by now
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Berzal wrote:

Because GGG has always maintained that nothing is permanent and that they will make changes in order to keep the game fresh. Gems are not excluded from that philosophy. If you eat melon all day, one day you will tire of it. If you've been around for a while you should be used to it by now

In order to make game fresh - where is my PLAYABLE alt quality frost blade or vaal frost blade? the transf. frost blade is bullshit. TOTAL CRAP. Same like vaal version of skills are coming max 1 time per year or even more rare.

I didn't eat it all day, but was builds which i loved and like to play again and now they are not available anymore without ANY reason even on standart. Its could be fine if 1 of those spark will give chaos damage conversion. So you saved the old and give the new. What's the issue here then?

Why some builds like vortex are completely killed? a)base damage was nerfed b) autobomber mechanic killed twice 1) not avaliable run button and devs lie to us by calling this "QoL" change 2) they changed skills mechanic.

Now question.How many ppl playing "new" vortex? 21 person on poe ninja. Not even a 100.

How many ppl playing new frost blade? Almost the same.

Should i continue?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

If I tired of my favorite fruit, I wouldn't go eating fruit that I dislike.

Something I dislike means it's highly probably I'll dislike it forever. For example, cockroaches.

I dislike BV is as if I dislike cockroaches. So I won't play it forever.
"
smtad wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

If I tired of my favorite fruit, I wouldn't go eating fruit that I dislike.

Something I dislike means it's highly probably I'll dislike it forever. For example, cockroaches.

I dislike BV is as if I dislike cockroaches. So I won't play it forever.

Well then clearly you cannot have been playing the game for very long or you'd know that it changes every season. Terrible analogy btw...
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Well then clearly you cannot have been playing the game for very long or you'd know that it changes every season. Terrible analogy btw...

I'm not a meta chaser, I always paly my favorite bd no matter how they change the game.

Who told you there're only meta bd can be played?
"
smtad wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I'm not a meta chaser, I always paly my favorite bd no matter how they change the game.

Who told you there're only meta bd can be played?

Idleness rusts the mind.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Idleness rusts the mind.

My brain heavily runs in my daily work. I don't need PoE to run my mind.

I play game to release my brain, not to give more burden on it.
Last edited by smtad on Apr 12, 2024, 12:42:10 AM
I really wonder if this change was because they wouldn't be able to keep up with the balance changes for all gems in the game, and instead focus on active skillgems.

I have zero reason to use any transfigured gem, whereas Alternate quality gems had more use cases.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info