Constant Crash to Desktop

Hi i just want to say i am experiencing this issue aswell. Since 2-3 Seasons i can not even start up POE anymore. it randomly crashes to desktop without any error.

I've cleared all caches in all folders, reinstalled, switched settings audio/video , did basically everythign.
My guess is PoE is not compatible with intels newest chipset, as my old toaster from 10 years ago runs PoE.

Kind of embarassing not a single response from GGG

Still happening to me after a week. It gets very bad if I join a town or someones hideout, it's pretty much a 50/50 if it crashes or not. Since someone mentioned event viewer logs, mine is riddled with ones like the below, I'd say probably around 60-70 instances of this in the past month:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6627351c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3447, time stamp: 0x3d876852
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x00000000000653ac
Faulting process id: 0x0xB128
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA99CD31884E99
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 800502f6-d5f9-4210-8f17-54da2890749e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Guys i had all the problems that you all wrote but finally when was about to quit the game i found this and is working i'm so happy about i play like never played before so smooth:
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Apr 29, 2024, 5:05:22 PM
What's the solution? There's nothing in the collapsed box when I click.

Last edited by obake1 on Apr 29, 2024, 2:19:53 PM
So i guess today im joining you guys, suddenly im crashing to desktop every map.
Restarted everything, still crashing, no indication of anything running hot (GPU-Z) Nothing in event viewer, the game just freezes and gives no error at all.

Oh well guess league is over
same, i tied to play 3 times today.
i got crashed even in town
Spoiler

70% ram free(15+gb), lowest video setting (3070), 40% busy cpu.. just no ideas. started just after last patch
"
obake1 wrote:

sorry i did'nt see that was badly saved now my post is fixed
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
"
4lin wrote:
"
obake1 wrote:

sorry i did'nt see that was badly saved now my post is fixed

Hmm, so I took a look at the post, but it seems to mostly be addressing bad fps and game stuttering by changing power management settings, but not just flat out crashing to desktop.
PROBLEM SOLVED PROBLEM CAUSED BY HIGH END INTEL CHIPS / PSU CONFIG
HERE IS THE FIX

https://www.radgametools.com/oodleintel.htm

Download ETU and set Performance Core Ratio to 54x

Problem Explained

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/nvidia-blames-intel-for-gpu-vram-errors-tells-geforce-gamers-experiencing-13th-or-14th-gen-cpu-instability-to-contact-intel-support

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1812450/view/4202497395508371043
Sane here, have persistent but not reproduceable crashes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info