Vulkan error, vk::PhysicalDevice::createDeviceUnique: ErrorFeatureNotPresent

"
jprofesorek wrote:
To switch do DX11, the production_Config.ini must not only have the renderer set, but it must have it set in the DISPLAY section.
So if your file is empty, you have to put the following text to get it working:
"
[DISPLAY]
renderer_type=DirectX11

I learned this the hard way when trying to launch a fresh install.

The reason for this 'Vulkan error, vk::PhysicalDevice::createDeviceUnique: ErrorFeatureNotPresent' problem is that the system vulkan implementation is missing some "features" that are requested by PoE.

In vulkan, a device supports and advertises a subset of predefined features.
The application, upon initializing vulkan, has to specify which features it uses.
If the application requests a feature that is not supported by the system (software or hardware), then the 'vkCreateDevice' returns 'VK_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_PRESENT'. This gets translated to the error we all see.

So, basically PoE requests some feature that is not available in the implementation of vulkan, at least for my integrated intel card (with mesa 23.1.8)
I'm afraid this may affect all Intel integrated graphics cards.

One can learn which features are supported by running the vulkaninfo command (no arguments required).
Results for my system are over there: https://pastebin.com/Y3De65e2.
Maybe someone with access to the source code can point which feature is required by PoE and missing in that output...

Does this mean I can't play the game with Linux on an integrated intel GPU with Vulkan until this functionality is implemented?
Has anyone found Vulkan to be working again?
No.

When will this be resolved?
Bump GGG would be great to know what the missing Vulkan feature is.
I faced the same problem. I have tried to fix it as others have suggested. But I still can't enter the game.
I am in your exact situation.
My pc has an i7 intel CPU and Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

I really hope intel will at some point (hopefully soon) update their drivers with this missing feature that apparently is already available in the drivers from other companies.
I haven't played for a while and now after updating to the latest version I get this error...
The same problem started today Jan, 11. I've been playing this league with great performance so far. Did they update something yesterday?
Same issue here. Vulkan gave the best performance by far.

It seems to be affecting mostly (but not exclusive to) integrated graphics, especially intel iris xe users.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a close alternative for me.

DirectX11 is unplayable and DirectX12 while in the ballpark performance-wise is a graphical mess, text/items are randomly garbled and pixelated. I've had to blindly run expedition sometimes because the remnants are just blocks of brown color. Relogging sometimes fixes it enough to read text.

The only bonus is it sometimes affects the map overlay and occasionally I'll get a wildwood area that's completely revealed on the map lol.

I just wish they'd let us know if it's something that's going to be fixed at some point....my eyes would be thankful.
Have this issue on a i5-2500k, cant turn vulkan on at all and it was the best performance by far, dx11 cause freezes anywhere from 1-15seconds while inside maps. Game is nearly unplayable without vulkan, would love a fix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info