Vulkan error, vk::PhysicalDevice::createDeviceUnique: ErrorFeatureNotPresent

"
"
The problem is the "production_Config.ini" in Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

When i deleted Vulkan from the line "renderer_type=Vulkan", the problem was gone

Did you replace it with anything else?

It's definitely because of Vulkan. That line wasn't in my config file, so I manually added it and left out "Vulkan", but that didn't work. any other suggestions appreciated.

the line "renderer_type=Vulkan", will only be there if you used vulkan before the patch

erasing vulkan will switch the game to default directX11
i still cant login no config file found on my PC., what should i do
right. i just updated it to DX11. The good news is that the game now launched. The bad news is that the performance took a plummet. Barely playable; whereas Vulkan was very smooth.

Hope GGG acknowledges the issue and can find a solution.
Can confirm that the vulkan renderer is broken since the 3.22.2 patch. Its a shame because it was the most stable and performant renderer. The game works with DX11 but the performance is really bad

System specs:
Intel i5-1135G7
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
I'm having the same problem as the rest of you and I didn't have the config file to modify either.

Turns out thats because my PC, for unknown reasons, had a second Path of Exile folder in a different location.

I play through Epic so my file path was Program Files/Epic Games/Path of Exile. Lots of files but no config file anywhere.

BUT under c:\user\Documents\My Games\ there was another Path of Exile folder with pretty much just the config files.

I made the changes everyone else did and it loads up for me again.

Hope this helps some people in the same boat I was.
Same here, seems to me that the common denominator is Intel Iris XE + Vulkan renderer
Same here, I even tried rolling back the latest graphics driver (last update Oct. 10th), but no luck.

Hopefully it's something that gets resolved or at least acknowledged that it's on the list (I'm patient), as the game runs almost flawlessly with it (for me anyways), dx11 is playable, but the periodic freezes kind of limit what I can do.

System specs:
Intel i5-1135G7
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
My computer has Intel i5-8265U. I don't believe it is Intel Iris.
I just installed the game by steam on linux and have this error.

File is created but it is empty. Any advice in such case?
"
pikorro wrote:
I just installed the game by steam on linux and have this error.

File is created but it is empty. Any advice in such case?

i located production_Config.ini at:

"
/home/[userid]/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/[game id]/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/production_Config.ini

and have this line

"
renderer_type=DirectX11

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info