[3.22] The Forbidden Build 10 - DoT-Capped Healing - Tainted Pact Forbidden Rite Pathfinder

I have few questions:

1.Perma flask with Mageblood and slayer overleech (Brutal Fervour) would work to point that you would bank hp maybe double/tipple life stack?

2.If not mageblood what about the The Retch (200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage) for damage with your life? Also it gives
60% increased Flask Effect Duration

3. Or what about Wurm's Molt and mod (500-1000)% increased total Recovery per second from Life Leech) maybe as slayer for overleeech for extra immortality?

4. I had similar idea but for self damage I was thinking 2x Storm secrets with Mahuxotl's Machination that will hit us with half chaos damage Storm secrets are maxed, a bit shock in the build some lightning damage and loop pumps even faster since 2x stroms =8hits per second...

Love your videos, keep rocking!
Last edited by M1M1TUS on Sep 25, 2023, 8:34:54 PM
"
1.Perma flask with Mageblood and slayer overleech (Brutal Fervour) would work to point that you would bank hp maybe double/tipple life stack?

Mageblood would allow you to drop all flask investment, but you probably still want to be a Pathfinder for all the flask effect and poison synergy. If you really don't want to use the shield, you can run Petrified Blood, though this leaves you more vulnerable to one-shots, and you need to get Divine Flesh, meaning you can't use Tempered by War.

"
2.If not mageblood what about the The Retch (200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage) for damage with your life? Also it gives
60% increased Flask Effect Duration

We are not leeching millions of life, we are leeching maybe 200 life per second, and healing millions of life per second through Tainted Pact's healing, which is not leech.

"
3. Or what about Wurm's Molt and mod (500-1000)% increased total Recovery per second from Life Leech) maybe as slayer for overleeech for extra immortality?

We do not care about how much leech we have, only that we are leeching.

"
4. I had similar idea but for self damage I was thinking 2x Storm secrets with Mahuxotl's Machination that will hit us with half chaos damage Storm secrets are maxed, a bit shock in the build some lightning damage and loop pumps even faster since 2x stroms =8hits per second...

We want 100% leech uptime even with no enemies nearby, which 2x Storm Secret wouldn't allow, but if you aren't trying to self-poison or use the boots, this would at least be a decent defensive mechanic against enemy elemental/chaos DoT.
"

"We want 100% leech uptime even with no enemies nearby, which 2x Storm Secret wouldn't allow, but if you aren't trying to self-poison or use the boots, this would at least be a decent defensive mechanic against enemy elemental/chaos DoT."

there is a slight workaround to this and i'm currently attempting to build/test it, the difference with storm secret loops is you still need a target to hit and once the monsters run out... so do you lol

my workaround which unfortunately might not be 100% viable is to have hydrosphere on hand, you'll still hit it which will cause the self proc which will cause the damage loops and life sustain remains due to the flask leech.

the unpredictability is hydro not being there in range to hit means you'll insta melt yourself, the second aspect is you'll need the flask active as hydro is not a leechable target.

Jousis has basically potentially ended my build though(unless i stump up 30+ div) as i had not yet determined whether the shield was essential or not, i'd gone down the apep's route for now
Salutations MADMEN,

GZ to getting your build featured on BOTW!

This is such a cool build, really makes me wonder what kind of (surprisingly synergistic) interactions are still out there, waiting to be discovered by people way smarter than me :D

This really makes me want to sit down and look at otherwise "useless" uniques and experiment with them.

well the shield is already 35 divs

it will skyrocket soon ;d

will try it ofc
Last edited by bultraaas on Sep 26, 2023, 9:40:02 AM
In the video, the skeletons apparently keeps spawning without the need to cast Forbidden Rite, if this is the case there is a problem that I couldn't find, can anyone help me? My profile is public
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan!
Last edited by GoddesDeity on Sep 26, 2023, 10:01:34 AM
"
In the video, the skeletons apparently keeps spawning without the need to cast Forbidden Rite, if this is the case there is a problem that I couldn't find, can anyone help me? My profile is public

I'd check the duration on your skeletons. Is it possible that they're expiring before the cooldown on CWDT has finished? Maybe the level 21 less duration is just enough to push it over that edge.

I've been working on putting this build together, and when I was having problems starting the loop it was due to mana costs. From what I can see in your gear you shouldn't be having that problem. If the above didn't work, it may still be worth removing the rest of your CWDTs to see if you can start the loop with only the skeletons trying to proc.
"
algf wrote:
"

I'd check the duration on your skeletons. Is it possible that they're expiring before the cooldown on CWDT has finished? Maybe the level 21 less duration is just enough to push it over that edge.

I've been working on putting this build together, and when I was having problems starting the loop it was due to mana costs. From what I can see in your gear you shouldn't be having that problem. If the above didn't work, it may still be worth removing the rest of your CWDTs to see if you can start the loop with only the skeletons trying to proc.

I actually changed the less duration to a 20/20, it still didn't help, I already did the test without the armor on the belt and on the abyss jewel, and that's not the problem either, unfortunately the loop only remains when I'm casting the Forbidden Rite :( very upset, I already looked at everything about it, the jewels both have a 16% reduction in the duration of the minions

Edit 1: I solved the problem, I put one The Dust with 14% instead of two with 16%, my minions' duration was at -25, and I saw from his pob that his are at -23. The solution for me was to put a 14% and a 16% :) happy now
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan!
Last edited by GoddesDeity on Sep 26, 2023, 12:12:46 PM
Wow! Finally! New Jousis build! But wait... It seems familliar...
This is my character from Crucible league:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lorrey/characters?characterName=SubjectThirtySeven

Got it from somebody on poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/builds/crucible/character/zoldseggg/zoldsegggg

Same idea here, Mahuxotl + Heartbound + leech flask, Golden rule and Annihilation.
But instead of spells I've done a Phantasmal Molten Strike + Vengeant Cascade (returning proj currently). Played pretty well, cleared some T16 with ease, perfect for Heist.

I've got much harder time sustaining flasks, ending up with Balbala timless jewel. I guess thanks to the tattoos this league it can be done easier.

Unaffected by temp chains Watcher's Eye + some skeleton duration managing kept me safe from most of monster's mods.

Pneumatic dagger helps to scale poisons from any damage, so it can be crafted quite easily.

Dropped this build cause of area transitions. It was really bad. You need to turn off boots buff, then go to boss arena, then in quick succession use leech flask, cast Forbidden Rite and turn boots back on. If done too slow or in wrong order it will kill you. If enemy attacks you during this period it may kill you as well.

But it's still fun and the fact that Jousis done this build too proves it.
Last edited by lorrey on Sep 26, 2023, 1:22:00 PM
I was going to try this after watching video, but shield jumped to 30 div, so I can't unfortunately :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info