What the necromancers are saying (the heart of the mystery)

I recognized the backwards-masking right away, but, lacking a 33rpm album of the Necromancer-babble to turn backwards on my turntable (yeah, that was how we did it, old-school), I was unable to discover what they were saying. Great work, and thanks for scratching that itch! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
SO a templar is going to kill his former brothers, with a great pleasure...Fun things ahead, the story might be good in this one :)
Endure, in endurance, grow stronger. - Dakkon
"
spoiler

i´m sorry that i cant serve with FF-knowledge

offtopic-again + boring text, no need to klick:
Spoiler

I dont think "only we can use them" is one of GGG´s fundamental laws, every1 in Wreaclast uses these gems.
However, followed by the rule "everything comes with an cost", using them grants you the knowlegdge saved within the gems, at the cost of consuming the soul, leaving a mindless zombie if used too much.
The mainquestion should be "Why do they break or disappear most of the time when you kill an enemy?"
99% of time you kill some1, he dropps an item with empty sockets, did you really think they are that dumb to not have found out how to socket an item, but they are able to cast spells/attacks ?

The answer would be, there is one person collecting them, summoning them back home with the grown knowledge in them.

In my visions i have seen a Monster called the Gemcollector, he´s hiding in his crystal palace, cutting new gems, sending them out to whole wreaclast.
He´s in search of knowledge saved within the gems, he´s also known as the "Master of all Arts". One of our great Grandgrandgrand-forefathers, he did this to us.

Can you imagine that he´s just in search for +4000%qualitygems , he pretty much knows all those small +20%qualitygems already. Laughing about our little wars to find +20%qualitygem.

I did draw a picture of this place, hope you enjoy :)

The floors are crafted with gems, glittering in the light of the magma thats flowing below. And himself forging on his strange device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Jarchan wrote:
Awesome! The "in my trailer" sounds like a different voice also.

Indeed, and maybe the "am not" as well. I mentioned in my initial post that it could very well be the same voice actor (GGG staff member?) who recorded it, but without the Scottish accent. But why else would it even be in there if not to have some hint of meaning? Maybe it was just to help us find the origin as an Easter egg, but the fact that the Templar did say that his ancestors/Templar brothers "did this to Wraeclast," caused the cataclysm, etc...

Yeah, there's a lot of possibility here. :)

As for the skill gems ... I think anyone can use them, not just new exiles. The enemies we fight frequently use skills on us. Maybe they're not in the form of actual gems, though, if maybe there's a form of corruption that happens after long-period exposure to the magic elements on the continent...

And I'm glad some of you guys got a kick out of the audio clips. I know I sure did when I was finding this all out. :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Jun 3, 2012, 5:50:24 PM
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:

I would love to think that templars turned to the dark magic and became the necros.

If it is corner cutting, i hope they leave it in the final release. The audio clips where great and ow so creepy.

Agreed, man. Even if it's just an Easter egg, I love it. These little blips of random words could even be creepier than whatever else they would put in their place. Particularly "my power" and "nightmare" are really awesome when heard in the prison audio. And some of the others sound like ... well, it's hard to say what form of incantation it is, what demonic spirit he's conjuring with those words. The Templar connection just makes it even better.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Yes. The gems do play such a central role in the world of Wraeclast. I imagine that we'll learn much more about them in Act 3 . . .
Forum Sheriff
Curiosity is a curious thing
Consider my mind blown.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
When I started reading this, I was hoping for a reversal of "Klaatu barada nikto."

Nevermind I'm an idiot. Got it now.
Last edited by WhiskeyViking on Jun 6, 2012, 1:12:11 PM
"
I am accepting as canon that the Necromancers are former Templars.

That was my line of thinking as well. It would make a nice tie-in for canon (since there is not yet, a ton of backstory).

Since we all start in Wraeclast as prisoners attempting to earn our "second chance" at life after being ship wrecked, it's totally possible other previous Templars who landed here may have succumb to some dark magicks and became Necros.

I like it, it's a nice little touch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info