0.10.7 Patch Notes

Nice changes.

When are the +physical affixes on items going to be enhanced by physical damage nodes?
FiftyShadesOfBlade
"
davros70 wrote:
"
gurkenrudel wrote:
Maybe Im missing something obvious, but what constitutes a "rare unique? Is there a list that would clarify which uniques are now easier to craft with Chance orbs and which are less likely to be rolled?

There are certain steps in uniques

Common ones are ones that enable builds early - Goldrim - Battered Cap
Uncommon ones are ones that are very powerful - Carnage Heart - Onyx Amulet
Rare ones are ones that may be classed as extremely powerful - Astramentus - Onyx Amulet

As examples

There is no list as far as I know.

Yes I assumed that uniques like Shavronne and Kaoms are considered rare. However I'd like to know where they draw the line you know?
For instance: What about unique maps?
IGN BearBrew
Last edited by gurkenrudel on Apr 18, 2013, 4:38:35 PM
"
Avu wrote:
I've been using all the chance orbs I've ever dropped or created at vendor since august trying to get unique items. I had over time made dozens of characters that got over level 60, probably 10 over 70 at least 5 over 80. How many uniques did I chance in all this time? 0. Yeah 0. And I still do it like a moron. Glad to hear this will be nerfed even further because why not. You are afraid the items are entering the economy too fast and ruining the long term potential of the game. You know what else ruins long term potential? People quitting in disgust.

This game used to be amazing. Had little crazy meaningless stuff like suicide bombers giving experience stuff that matters very little (you will disagree and you'd be wrong) but they were different than what everyone else did. The game used to have only one useless mod on items thorns and even that one people hoped at some point would be viable in some builds. Now you introduce two more useless mods why all in the hope it will extend the time people spend playing. All the while you force health and resists or ES and resists on pretty much all items (or even worse IIQ IIR for those rich enough and cookie cutter enough to afford them and afford using them).

You nerfed the chaos recipe making playing new characters not only useless and huge resource drain which they always were but now you can pretty much throw all the items that drop during level up out the window.. Your game hates people trying new characters. Is the game supposed to cater only to those that play one single cookie cutter build until their mind melts or those that play the same build over and over and over again each race until their brain melts too? Crafting anything not highest item level is currently the most idiotic thing you can do yet you sometimes have to do it if you play more than one character while it levels up.

The increase in unique item drops I guess is nice then again I'll probably just drop more crown of thorns because my most valuable unique I ever got was a carnage heart that didn't even drop for me in a party; party moved away and didn't see it.

This is definitely not the place for most of this post but then again it's in response to a pattern I have recently seen from GGG in each new patch.

GGG hardly talks to us like they used to. Build of the week? Long forgotten. Answers to our most pressing concerns got us a manifesto that in the process discarded an entire thread worth of questions from the community that you initiated in the first place. And said manifesto? Disappointing and shows you lack understanding of your own game. Claiming that solo players get more items than partied is proof enough (partied people can run much higher map quantity for a lot less individual currency).

Do you remember the good old days when you had that video where someone from GGG, forgot who, was claiming how PoE was awesome because they have stuff like diamond flask and that they were ok? Well diamond flasks are gone, phase run is gone, more and more fun things are gone to be replaced with grind with the claim that they cater to the hardcore, well I'm not hardcore then yet I played diablo 2 for years, played median xl for a long time too and what I want games to be is fun. Poe is starting not to be so fun anymore.

I still like the game and i would start even more characters but then I think that starting that facebreaker build is stupid without meginord and the new flat damage helm because no matter what rares I drop they can never compete with those two items. Remember when uniques were not supposed to be stronger than rares? Do point out stronger rares than kaoms heart lioneyes, shavrones wrapping. Shavrones should have been a build enabler for low life instead it's one of the most broken enabler of crazy pants on head retarded damage while dropping well never at least not for the likes of me. And you are surprised people chance such items like crazy and then you feel you need to nerf chance orbs instead of thinking why people are so crazy over these items in the first place?

More on topic for this patch the increased burning sounds very nice. Probably minion resists too for those that don't hate summoners yet.

I still have hope for this game but this is a big change from my past attitude that this is the best game ever why can't all games be like this.

P.S. All my friends have since long quit.

Agree 100% and I'll add a few more things for kicks :)

- Avatar of Fire removed but promised to be reworked and returned. Same goes for Phase Run and Diamond Flask.
- the only purpose Large chests serve now is to super troll you during races.
- Rare mobs used to drop a guaranteed blue, now I scream like a school girl when they drop a Scroll of Wisdom.
- not once have I seen them buff an underused skill in all this time only the Devs continuously nerfing skills that STREAMERS (you know the 1%) have shown to be overpowered; and of course they could make almost any skill look overpowered with their live auctioned/bro dealed gear.

I appreciate the Devs wanting a hard game but nerfing ALL of the fun out of it is not the answer; I've been playing other games and since Season 2 has shown ZERO improvement (no progression based rewards, still same old mindless grinding of appropriate farming zone, AND yet again another set of cosmetically altered uniques - SERIOUSLY - Guild Wars 2 is over there guys.) my play time is pretty much done, just checking forums occasionally in the hopes the Jay Wilson effect has dissipated. :(
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
"
infinityinc wrote:

great post
More of whine in patch notes?At least,is it tasty?

People make extra long posts to prove what exactly?

As for avu and infinity,you are total block heads,and i wont write even why,u know why already.
Bye bye desync!
Great patch GGG. I am really impressed on how often your team produces quality improvements to the game.

I do have a question though. Is this the melee patch? and if not... When does the melee patch come out?

-Thanks
The most vocal people on these forums assume this game has only one developer.

Just fyi: Art != code. New art assets? All good, that subtracts nothing from the other stuff.

Which also brings up the oh-so-shocking concept that they also have more than one programmer. (SHOCK!) Software is typically developed in separate pieces, fit together as they're complete.

Thread after thread of rage after rage, and not a single word correct.

Btw: anyone who's saying that chance was nerfed: there was a dev post about 20 pages back: the total unique chance has doubled, and THEN the rarer ones are less common than common ones.

Assuming that there are less of the top ones now is silly, as is worrying that there are too many.

tl;dr:
GGG Human Count > 1
More uniques doesn't mean a chance nerf.
"
gurkenrudel wrote:
Yes I assumed that uniques like Shavronne and Kaoms are considered rare. However I'd like to know where they draw the line you know?

That I cannot tell you, for I do not know; What I can tell you, is that my unique, which comes in this patch, is in the Rare Category
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
davros70 wrote:
"
gurkenrudel wrote:

That I cannot tell you, for I do not know; What I can tell you, is that my unique, which comes in this patch, is in the Rare Category

Guessing from the trend, it's probably an OP wand designed to make Freeze Pulse a viable build.
IGN: Aux
Ehh, I dont really get what that support gem is supposed to do for fire. The problem is not the burning damage, but the fact that its the worst status ailment by far.

Dealing more burning damage doesnt change anything about the dot actually being complete trash unless you only cast one spell every 5 seconds. Sure, it will improve fire traps damage output, but is that really what you intend to do with this new support gem?

I dont really see a point for it, but maybe you surprise us and the gem actually stands for "decreased burn duration but same damage" in which case the DPS would increase while the overall damage still is the same. But from the support gems description I highly doubt that this is what you mean and what the gem will do.

I hope that I am wrong, because if the gem does what I expect it to do I start asking myself if you even understand why fire is inferior to cold and lightning right now.
Last edited by nynyny on Apr 18, 2013, 4:59:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info