0.10.7 Patch Notes

Every patch note from GGG is like christmas morning for me <3
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
"
Ropetus wrote:
As far as I know, this change will only affect Lightning Strike projectiles, which were doing full damage with Multistrike. That one was so obviously unintended that one must be quite a fool to build a character around it.

Yeah, what were people thinking, making characters that weren't freezing pulse or lightning arrow? Should know better by now.
"
silverthorne wrote:
"
Increased the drop rate of Unique items.

can you please tell us how much ?

.01%

"
Finnien wrote:
"
Ropetus wrote:
As far as I know, this change will only affect Lightning Strike projectiles, which were doing full damage with Multistrike. That one was so obviously unintended that one must be quite a fool to build a character around it.

Yeah, what were people thinking, making characters that weren't freezing pulse or lightning arrow? Should know better by now.

I too would like to see more really strong builds, but in this case they're really just fixing a bug.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Skills bound to the middle and right mouse buttons can now be bound to a key instead.[/li]
[li]The middle mouse button, right mouse button and two additional buttons (mouse4/5) can now be bound to various functions like skills, flasks, item highlighting or opening the inventory.[/li]
[li]More keys are now available to be bound: insert, home, end, delete and the arrow keys. Keybindings for international keys are still being developed.[/li]

So ... let me see if I'm getting all of this right. Middle and right mouse skills can be bound to keys, but mouse 4 and 5 cannot?

So, if we don't happen to have a mouse with buttons 4 and 5, we are now 2 active skill commands behind the other players?

Or can mouse 4 and 5 be mapped to keys as well?

Great update except for ... well, if this circumstance turns out to be the former.

No.

Pretty sure it just means you can map TO mouse 4/5 as if it was a character on the keyboard, they won't allow extra skills.
Nothing to see here.
"
silverthorne wrote:
"
Increased the drop rate of Unique items.

can you please tell us how much ?

tho i dont know the exact number,it wont be anything significant because it cant be - whats the point of unique items if they drop often...

my wild guess is the increased drop rate will be unnoticable to you unless you farm bosses 24/7
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
Ropetus wrote:
"
Wavestrike wrote:
Thanks for this patch. Thanks a LOT for waiting until people hit 80+ in hardcore to nerf their entire multistrike builds, GGG. You finally made melee/physical damage SOMEWHAT viable, and now it's not even worth using the new gems. Why the fuck isn't freezing pulse hitting the same target 5x with GMP nerfed yet, or rain of arrows with point blank? Fix things that need fixed, or leave them be. If anything multistrike made new options, but now it's pointless because of the massive 40% damage loss, so enemy armor is more effective against it..

Now my level 82 hardcore duelist is completely fucking useless. Won't even be able to sustain living because of doing less damage = less life leech. Bad enough that end-game progression is absurdly based on RNG. And that physical builds completely suck compared to elemental.

Eh, what? Nothing is going to change about Multistrike for melee attacks: less attack damage is not in addition to less melee damage, but instead of it. As far as I know, this change will only affect Lightning Strike projectiles, which were doing full damage with Multistrike. That one was so obviously unintended that one must be quite a fool to build a character around it.

Anyway, nice patch. I can see those new flask mods being very popular (Seething of Grounding and Quicksilver of Staunching should be very good), just hoping that Staunching would also remove Viper Strike charges, there is still nothing to counter those. Also got to like how GGG just keeps adding gems that are perfect for my build: first Arctic Armor, then Searing Bond and now Increased Burn Damage. Just got to hope that burn gem will be good enough to replace Concentrated Effect on my Fireball. If not, WTB Fusings...

-Ropetus

+1

Thank you, you took the words out of my mouth :)
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

sounds as this would only affect item types that have more than one unique kind?

Im curious of this too.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

sounds as this would only affect item types that have more than one unique kind?

Im curious of this too.

which means sub-par Glorious Plate/Imperial Bow uniques are on the way. yay! -_-

"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Finnien wrote:
"
Ropetus wrote:

I too would like to see more really strong builds, but in this case they're really just fixing a bug.

I'm just disappointed all the underwhelming gems lately aren't getting fixed, the one aspect of multistrike people were excited about is getting removed, and there are none of the melee fixes that they've acknowledged are sorely needed. I've been trying to find something new and fun to play since all my stuff got hacked and stolen, and so far every new gem is either hugely situational/niche, or just plain underwhelming. Melee splash/multistrike don't help melee compete with things like lightning arrow and freezing pulse on straight damage, much less with all the survivability issues they already have. If patch notes read 'multistrike has been changed so it doesn't work with projectiles, its damage reduction has been reduced by 10-15%, and melee splash radius has been increased by 20%', then my reaction might be different. As it is, I see pointless affixes and map mods added, even more gems I don't care about to stack next to incinerate and searing bond and such, and nothing to fix the major issues that dominate the game.

I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high. But every week I look at what's new, and every week I'm disappointed, and no new competitive builds are emerging to try out. I just don't see the point of adding all these new skills when none of them are remotely competitive with what we already have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info