Season Two, Event 2: 1 Week Party

"
Axebane wrote:

I was leaving town and entered Lunaris level 3 through my portal. The portal was perfectly safe, but it seems 1 enemy was off the edge of the screen but close enough to wander over while the loading screen took way way longer than normal. I've been playing this game for a long time, a lot longer than you have, and I know not to make a portal when I'm completely surrounded, so I always run off to a safe spot before I portal out.

But why did you dodge the main issue here: the fact that your character can die while you are looking at a loading screen. You don't think that's a serious design flaw for a game? Can you remember any other game you have played where you can die before you have even loaded the next area?

You can call BS on anything I said, you can call me a liar all you want, but it's been a known fact that you can die while still on the loading screen for a long long long time. The devs know it's true, the players know it's true, and I can't imagine that anyone believes it's not a serious design flaw to allow a player to be killed when they literally do not even see the instance on their screen yet.

Well with all that experience, I think you'd know if your loading screen takes more than 8 seconds you should alt+f4. I suppose now you can wait until 18 seconds.

I'm not saying your concern isn't valid, but I wouldn't have died to a loading screen. I'd also bet you won't ever die to it again.

What I would die to is desync. I leap slammed once from 1 pull to the next but it was a champion pack, didn't see mob health drop and have RT so I alt f4 and logged into default. This happened several times over the course of the whole race but I am pretty quick to realize I'm desync'd. I guess I wasn't quick enough this time.

I knew it was a bad character to make for the race as any hiccup even .5 seconds will kill you if you leap in the middle of a pack of champions or double/aura rares. I figured I could get to 75, get 15 points, farm some currency/maps for hc and then kill it and go to default to solo MF with. As that was my plan prior to the race announcement. Oh well. First preventable death in HC for me, excluding short races.

Hope we both have better luck in the 1 month.

-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 25, 2013, 2:01:23 AM
just lost my character while taking ages to load new instances , gg.
Do love those Week Races to start a new Char within a new Environment and do like the Competition so far, even we lost half of our Team throught the last Days. Looking forward to a good finsich and a good Fight on the Top.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Was fun but the last race was a bit more competitive. In hindsight I should have gone for top 20.
Played really casually and sadly only got Shiversting as random reward. The only reason I participated were better random rewards.

Should be a mode where 90% of the players don't even make it to merciless(but we had such a one weeker only once in CB)

"
Do love those Week Races to start a new Char within a new Environment and do like the Competition so far, even we lost half of our Team throught the last Days. Looking forward to a good finsich and a good Fight on the Top.

It's all about timeinvestment.

If I played 5 times more I would be on the first page too.

But in fact players played more the first 2 days than me in 7 days.

So I did a Solo + Self-found + No mules (for gems etc) challenge on a ground slam marauder

Finished #100 overall at level 75 , pretty happy of my performance tbh :)

Here's my gear :
Spoiler

Any question on how I did it or anything else about the race ? Just come hang on my stream : twitch.tv/nicosuper

GGWP
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Fun race as always but did not like the fact that our group could just not play much at all the last two days basically and still get rank 1-6. Hopefully more competition next time but I know a lot of people don't have the time or don't want to put in the effort towards a race this long given the rewards.

Regarding the point reward: abysmal. When you increase the density of races by almost a factor of 2 per day, you also have to increase the point reward for the 1 week race given that a dedicated team will miss almost all of the races occurring throughout the duration. 50 points for a week of time was pretty disappointing, but at least the random rewards were somewhat interesting.

Keep up the fun races, GGG.

Thanks to: Popville, cumonmypp, billymayz, blocs_ci, beorisblind, runningforPP, (cokey?)
Had a great Time in Week Race, although our Group had to deal with too much Deaths. Looking foward to the Months-Race.
Gratz to the Top for getting 80+ in a Week!
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
build for race (phys cleaver)

http://tinyurl.com/caz5srb
Last edited by MangLiWang on Apr 27, 2013, 4:59:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info