0.9.10 Deployment Timeline

well damn, was hoping this would come before i went on vacation so i could update my laptop since my hotel is wanting to charge me for internet.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Chris wrote:
We have also identified the cause of the stuttering that occurs when new types of items are dropped for the first time. I'm hoping we'll be able to get a fix for that into this patch as well.

Wow, awesome. That one is really old.
Do you feel like sharing the cause of it, to satiate my curiosity?
"
Chris wrote:

We have found a problem that has greatly contributed to the memory fragmentation issues that some users were encountering (where it says "Out of memory" during long play sessions). We're optimistic that this change will substantially improve that situation.

me happy!
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
"
Chris wrote:
"
Rhalph wrote:
Great! (But isn't June 6 a Wednesday?)

Oops - I corrected it to June 5 :)

lol a good reason to read replies :p

BTW any progress on the "more firm" open beta date?
i think people are starting to get sick of me in the forums. :'(

oh... just realized i haven't found out if the server is international... my guild needs an international server.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
Yahoo !!!, thanks )
Last edited by sau on May 31, 2012, 2:15:52 PM
Yay, good work.
Are you making the poor dev's work on Monday?
Monday is a public holiday here in NZ.
"
KiaKun wrote:

oh... just realized i haven't found out if the server is international... my guild needs an international server.

The server system is already international. :)

Regardless of whether you choose the american or european option before launching the game, you can still play with anyone you want to. The only difference is that the first player to enter the instance will recieve a better ping, because the instance will be hosted on the server closest to that player, but anyone around the world can still be in the party.
Last edited by Axebane on May 31, 2012, 8:18:27 PM
"
BrecMadak wrote:
That out of memory error was annoying as hell, nice to see it is improved. Other than this, any news on desync issues with monsters, and which sometimes they turn their backs to you in fights ?

Monsters turning their backs on you is actually currently intentional - it is to fix sync issues. We'll make it less jarring, though. (Sorry for not replying to your recent PMs yet, Brec, I should be able to find time soon).

"
Malice wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We have also identified the cause of the stuttering that occurs when new types of items are dropped for the first time. I'm hoping we'll be able to get a fix for that into this patch as well.

Wow, awesome. That one is really old.
Do you feel like sharing the cause of it, to satiate my curiosity?

Their icons weren't being preloaded. Also, they were PNG files which are really slow compared to DXT compressed files.

"
Bordros wrote:
Are you making the poor dev's work on Monday?
Monday is a public holiday here in NZ.

They're welcome to work whenever they'd like! Erik, Jonathan and I (the founders) just work every day.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info