Map Management Resource

It seems Sea witches give me less exp as well. Got 2% in a temple map with sea witches, while I got 3% on average with 'normal' mods(none of the mods had any influence on the spawn in the second and third temple I ran). Needs testing of course, could have been my sea witches map had for some reason a few less groups or something.

Also fun fact: The boulders Vaal summons in his 74 map get extra damage from the "Monsters deal X% extra damage as Fire/Lightning/Cold". It's kinda logic, but still something to keep in mind while rolling a map, since dodging those boulders isn't always as easy! And getting frozen by one of those rocks(power charged vaal >.>)was certainly a nasty surprise. Managed to get out, but still :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Im gonna share some of my high level mapping experiences here.

In Nemesis, from lvl 92 to 94 I lvled mostly by using my own maps only. I run them in group to split chisel and chaos costs.

At first it seemed like I cant sustain pool above 74.. then I bought 5x 75 maps ONCE, started rolling them good. I didnt care about the costs because league was ending soon and I wanted some fast exp.

I got to point where I could run 76-78 maps all day. Somedays I run about 8x 78 map and all selffound.

I even got to point where I could sell my 75 and lower maps because I had enough 76-78.

The secret was, propably not surprise to anyone: Pack size(magic mob also good)+ map IIQ. Expensive as hell, burned like 10 ex+ to roll those maps and sold all the good stuff I found to roll more maps. I also tried to kill boss always if its not suicide modes. They drop 78 map quite often.

To give an example of what is good map for me:

And map drops from that map:

I got couple times close to running out of maps. Then I just alch my 73, 74 and chisel+alch 75 and run them... dont sell your lower maps until you have good pool of higher ones.

tl;dr

Its possible to sustain maps, but its VERY VERY expensive. In the end, I have LESS currency than when I started but more exp.

My advice is: just join to public games and pay the fee so u dont have to roll them yourself.

In the end, if you do roll maps long enough, you will propably run out of currency soon or later.

Last edited by Kullevi on Feb 27, 2014, 7:54:07 AM
Anyone else find the lvl 76 crematorium to give beyond horrible droprates? I'm talking rare drops mainly.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
I decided to run a couple Temple Lvl 71 maps for the first time and was astounded at the horrible drop rates, particularly Piety.

The first run was with 80% or so quantity and the 2nd was only around 50% but had additional rare AND magic monster mods so I ran it anyway.

I ran it with my normal mf gear which is around 50% IIQ and 120% IIR.

The drops on both runs were atrocious compared to Lvl 70 maps. Piety herself only dropped a couple rares each time. The only benefit was a Lvl 72 map that dropped on the 2nd run.

I Was surprised since this map got such a good rating in the map mgt resource and I've found it to be pretty reliable.

So was it just ridiculously bad luck both times?

Edit: As a contrast just ran my first dry woods map and teh drops were amazing...incl my 2nd only ever exalted and around 5 maps. Luckily I picked them up since of course just as I was gettting all excited looking at all the drops surrounding the four dead twinned bosses, I got DCed from server AND lost my portals. Bummer, all those rares.
Last edited by cdchi1 on Feb 27, 2014, 10:53:49 PM
"
cdchi1 wrote:
I decided to run a couple Temple Lvl 71 maps for the first time and was astounded at the horrible drop rates, particularly Piety.

The first run was with 80% or so quantity and the 2nd was only around 50% but had additional rare AND magic monster mods so I ran it anyway.

The drops on both runs were atrocious compared to Lvl 70 maps. Piety herself only dropped a couple rares each time. The only benefit was a Lvl 72 map that dropped on the 2nd run.

I Was surprised since this map got such a good rating in the map mgt resource and I've found it to be pretty reliable.

Edit: As a contrast just ran my first dry woods map and teh drops were amazing...incl my 2nd only ever exalted and around 5 maps. Luckily I picked them up since of course just as I was gettting all excited looking at all the drops surrounding the four dead twinned bosses, I got DCed from server AND lost my portals. Bummer, all those rares.

I pretty much run maps exclusively now and it does seem like there is a big difference in droprates on the different maps. I found crematorium to be very disappointing which seems odd, considering it's decently sized, high level and boss is strong.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
PaganDK wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

I pretty much run maps exclusively now and it does seem like there is a big difference in droprates on the different maps. I found crematorium to be very disappointing which seems odd, considering it's decently sized, high level and boss is strong.

My experience sums up as "narrow corridors = bad"

I always seem to get better everything in outdoors maps.
Cheers, but even if the mob drop rates were bad i would at least expect something much better from knocking off Piety.

I'll run one more next time the map drops for me but if that's as good as it gets again, just going to vendor recipe them for a L72 map going fwd, though that produces a 'corridors' map as well.
If you have been culling in maps since beta you know which maps suck for magic finding and which ones are good. Yes there is a big difference.

Temple is worthless while Shore is fantastic. Just an example.

The experience may be a different thing i never payed much attention to that. Just been culling since beta.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 8, 2014, 9:55:07 PM
Is fracture a good map mod to run?
The Nemesis mod Fractured spawned mobs which gave no drops or xp. They did return flask charges though. Your call.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info