Map Management Resource

"
Bingeling wrote:
Thanks for this thread, a brilliant source of info.

I did my first map today, Tropical Island. Fleet and elemental weakness (thanks for that augmentation).

I did not see any monkeys, and the boss for sure was no monkey boss. I am a summoner and things hurt quite badly, so I was mostly off screen casting arc, but I am quite sure I saw a boss blood elemental. It died easily.

I don't know if fleet and elemental weakness changes the mobs present, but I saw.

- Bandits (Kairyn's)
- Goatmen (and their casters)
- Cinder elementals. Possibly two variants of these, I was busy running in circles.
- Blood elementals
- Some blackguard mages that I think was with the cinders.

I see that the wiki carries the same info that you do. It also says it is based on the forest zone of Act 2, but felt nothing like that at all.


The monsters in the maps are random, unless you have a monster prefix. The boss is definitely a giant ape of the summoning kind.
ign: Zathroth - HC
ign: RylaiTheStormcaller - 1Month
Nice work, this will help alot
"
Bingeling wrote:
I see that the wiki carries the same info that you do. It also says it is based on the forest zone of Act 2, but felt nothing like that at all.


The tileset is indeed identical to The Forest. Layout however, is not.
"
Keatro wrote:
"
Bingeling wrote:
Thanks for this thread, a brilliant source of info.

I did my first map today, Tropical Island. Fleet and elemental weakness (thanks for that augmentation).

I did not see any monkeys, and the boss for sure was no monkey boss. I am a summoner and things hurt quite badly, so I was mostly off screen casting arc, but I am quite sure I saw a boss blood elemental. It died easily.

I don't know if fleet and elemental weakness changes the mobs present, but I saw.

- Bandits (Kairyn's)
- Goatmen (and their casters)
- Cinder elementals. Possibly two variants of these, I was busy running in circles.
- Blood elementals
- Some blackguard mages that I think was with the cinders.

I see that the wiki carries the same info that you do. It also says it is based on the forest zone of Act 2, but felt nothing like that at all.


The monsters in the maps are random, unless you have a monster prefix. The boss is definitely a giant ape of the summoning kind.

Hm, if you say so. I did not have a very good look, and he dropped quite fast. And the summon could be killed by my summons without me noticing them. He was not all alone, at least.
How (if at all) will the 0.10.7 map quality bonus changes affect your ratings? Specifically smothering is now only 20%, exposure is up to 30% and vulnerability is now 25%
"
Bingeling wrote:
Thanks for this thread, a brilliant source of info.

I did not see any monkeys, and the boss for sure was no monkey boss. I am a summoner and things hurt quite badly, so I was mostly off screen casting arc, but I am quite sure I saw a boss blood elemental. It died easily.



The boss's name is "Blood Progenitor" but it is indeed a giant ape.
"
Lunares wrote:
How (if at all) will the 0.10.7 map quality bonus changes affect your ratings? Specifically smothering is now only 20%, exposure is up to 30% and vulnerability is now 25%


Nothing changes for the Smothering suffix. Vulnerability has been moved up a tier though it is still a very very dangerous suffix for the inexperienced. The recent changes in 0.10.7 now reflect better risk:reward ratios as it should be because some of these affixes didn't justify themselves. Now they do.

I have updated the resource to reflect these changes and will amend them as needed when we get our tests in on the interaction between the newer affixes and difficulty.
Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 18, 2013, 3:16:50 PM
Thank you for your time and work on this, getting close to maps so this is going to be very useful...if I stay alive long enough.
This thread is badass and super USEFUL!

Thanks, Lyralei!
Last edited by glockenrock on Apr 18, 2013, 4:37:28 PM
Thanks for that awesome Thread!
Slamdancer helped me ingame and linked this thread to me and it helps me a LOT!
Ign: Stevii_HueHueHarHarNope


Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info