Map Management Resource

"
Thicket:
[N.B: The door leading to the boss room always faces north-east]

I just did a thicket where the door was facing north-west. I don't know if this was just wrong information, or it was stealth-changed in a patch, but it definitely doesn't always face north-east.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 24, 2013, 4:16:31 PM
"
"
Thicket:

I just did a thicket where the door was facing north-west. I don't know if this was just wrong information, or it was stealth-changed in a patch, but it definitely doesn't always face north-east.

I had the exact same experience (mine was facing NW). Not sure whether it was a typo or a change in a recent patch, or if it's completely random.
IGN: Jihokinetic
"
"
Thicket:

Amended this. Perhaps it was just a streak of constant NE's.
hi. thanks for the guide, i learned a lot from it.

one question though: in the "Things to know" section, you say iiq from party/gear doesnt affect map drops.

the dev-diary about maps states: "Under the new system, there is an exception: the drop rate of the Map items themselves is not increased by the additional players (all other items drops in the area are still increased, of course). A Map has the same chance of yielding other Maps regardless of how many players are in it. This is because a single Map item can be used by a whole party, unlike other items that can only be used by one player. The item quantity bonus that a Map has (due to its Mods) will affect the drop rate of Map items within that Map."

This only says that map-iiq affects map drops, party size doesnt. It doesnt say anything about iiq from gear though (and also doesnt say that only map-iiq will work).

So, how do you know iiq from gear doesnt affect map drops?

edit: found the answer here
ign: ggtyfutoo
Last edited by jojo777 on May 26, 2013, 8:22:36 AM
This resource gets more and more amazing!

Great work guys!
[Standard league - UTC +2]
FYI: The signature monster in Reef is Tide Strider and in Ghetto it is Undying Outcast.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
Last edited by sevenOfDiamonds on May 26, 2013, 7:44:44 AM
Usually I alch maps. Which maps are worth it to maze + regal compared to just alch?

So far I think they are Grotto, Temple, Vaal Pyramid, Spider Lair, and Tunnel. Is that correct? Someone told me Tunnel isn't worth mazing.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
"
DeltruS wrote:
Usually I alch maps. Which maps are worth it to maze + regal compared to just alch?

So far I think they are Grotto, Temple, Vaal Pyramid, Spider Lair, and Tunnel. Is that correct? Someone told me Tunnel isn't worth mazing.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this since I'm still relatively new to 69+ maps, but in my experience Tunnel is very large either way. Maze definitely improves it, but how much I'm not sure. It wasn't a drastic difference. Again, though, take that with a grain of salt: I've only done 3 tunnels (1 maze) so far.
IGN: Jihokinetic
I use this guide daily. Thanks alot for very well written and organized work.
acct: Daytrippers
Main char: DayRip
I just wanted to show my gratitude once again. I first found this resource and thought it was great but now I realize how truly amazing it is. It has helped my map runs immensely. So, thank you for your time spent making this for us. Cheers.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info