Do you guys still miss harvest?

"
Malice4201 wrote:
you would all still play this game if they brought back full powered harvest. You would all use it.

The trade site lets you look for specific items with stats that you want. Not much different than an item editor tbh. If you have enough currency you have an in game item editor. Really not sure why the package the item editor comes in bother people so much.

Only if that was the case.
I guess cause some people enjoyed to craft their own items for personal needs as trade is not always filled with the exact items you would preferable want as BiS. Trade is just filled with the current meta build items 90% of the time while the other listings are unusable garbage or pretty generic basic items.
Omni shit, bow stuff, explode totem memes, RF stuff, typical elevated crafts, you name it.
I've been looking for one specific item for weeks while I've played and not a single item was listed once during the first month of the league and even beyond that time.
Also harvest enabled a reliable crafting for SSF players for more exotic builds, so I can see why people miss it some.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 8, 2023, 10:48:45 AM
No. It was a mistake and was rightfully destroyed for the most part. I did enjoy it very much during ritual though. The league mechanic was one of the worst I'd ever experienced.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Oh, definitely! The nostalgia of harvest season is something that many of us cherish. The crisp air, the golden fields, and the sense of community that comes with bringing in the harvest are truly special. It's a time when we reflect on the bounty of nature and appreciate the hard work that goes into it. While our lives may have changed, the memories and feelings associated with harvest season remain dear to our hearts.
Deterministic crafting was the best thing this game ever did. I played nearly everyday for over 2 months, when usually it is 1-2 weeks per league. Now I dont even play that much.. usually a few days, I don;t trade, and I dont even get to endgame for over a year. Why? The trade system and craft system is bad. So now I play ruthless ssf hardcore.. it elimiates trade and most crafting and when you die before act 10 you can just log off until next season. I am sure PoE2 will be alot of fun and I look forward to it, but it would be nice if they overhauled item progression into something that did not suck.
only miss keep prefix/suffix.

considering you`re not crafting some influence stuff or mirror tier items crafting is in a better spot with abundance of frac bases and eldrich currency and implicits.
"
Malice4201 wrote:
you would all still play this game if they brought back full powered harvest. You would all use it.

The trade site lets you look for specific items with stats that you want. Not much different than an item editor tbh. If you have enough currency you have an in game item editor. Really not sure why the package the item editor comes in bother people so much.

It's totally true but miss the main point : trading sux. A lot. Really.
Copy/paste 15 times each time you want to buy an item, hoping someone will answer is NOT fun nor efficient.
I do. Fucking tired of trading and cookie cutter leagues that get boring within the first week.

Any league that could speed crafting to a reasonable pace for SSF i would support in a heart beat, but not the current garbage.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
tbh i dislike crafting leagues, adding yet more crafting systems ontop of older ones just makes me loose all intrest, as such when i saw harves was a crafting league i skipped it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I pretty much gave up on PoE after GGG made it clear that deterministic crafting wasn't part of their vision for the game. I get that a lot of people felt Harvest crafting was too OP, but there were far better ways to reduce the power of Harvest without basically gutting it to the point that it was worthless. Even in Ritual, where the Atlas layout and sextants allowed for very efficient Harvest farming, add/remove speed crafts on TFT were 5 ex+. I still don't quite get how people felt that 50-100 ex or more invested to craft a really good item was OP. It's not like mirror tier items were dropping out of the sky, but it certainly allowed more opportunities for mid-level players like myself to have a major crafting project or two to work towards in a league.

Anyway, I've moved on, but I miss what could have been.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
I think the current harvest could be removed entirely at this point. Oshabi can become some new unique map to maintain her fight and drops.

Some of the other crafting options can be rolled out somewhere else in the game. I don't think the current garden is worthy of taking up league space or atlas skill tree points currently.

Agreed, The original garden was great not even talking about the crafts.

If it stays the simple essence-mob-tier mechanic instead of the thought-process it was before now then i cant disagree, it needs to go away and be replaced with something worthy of the slot.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 11, 2023, 7:11:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info