Least your balence team GGG isn't bad as Blizzards.

"
Vendetta wrote:

Will keep it simple because lately the forum guys at GGG are irritated. Probably because they will loose their jobs in the near future or something.

GGG has the most expensive shop in the history of microtransactions, veiled by the fact that the game is free. They wouldn't be here if the only price paid for the game was a set price and not this atrocious over expensive mtx.

The 300k peak league players wouldn't have kept the costs just with buying the game one time.

So yea 70bucks for 10 slots it's ok...at least their mtx shop will be probably put to good development use, much like GGG which declined in development over the years even though people have supported them more.

Bruh for a 40 challenges player you sure talk a lot of shit about PoE.

Seen the 25 bucks horse armor? Diablo 4 will be all memes in two weeks, see ya in 3.22.
Second-class poe gamer
On a side note, complaining about $25 horse armor skin on the forums of a game with $46 cloak skins and $64 wing skins is enjoyably ironic.
"
Xyel wrote:
On a side note, complaining about $25 horse armor skin on the forums of a game with $46 cloak skins and $64 wing skins is enjoyably ironic.

The thing is, this game is free.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Xyel wrote:

I can never understand people making this comparison without even acknowledging that one game is F2P and needs the income they get from only MTXs, while the other is a $70 game that sells millions of copies but wants more.

And sure, we all know that F2P isn't charity, but it is a model that lets the player pay what (s)he wants to pay.

I've always felt - and will always feel - that paying full price for a game should yield you some benefits that a F2P does not offer, be that skins, character slots or whatever.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 6, 2023, 3:51:43 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

I can never understand people making this comparison without even acknowledging that one game is F2P and needs the income they get from only MTXs, while the other is a $70 game that sells millions of copies but wants more.

And sure, we all know that F2P isn't charity, but it is a model that lets the player pay what (s)he wants to pay.

I've always felt - and will always feel - that paying full price for a game should yield you some benefits that a F2P does not offer, be that skins, character slots or whatever.

But why would acknowledging that mean anything?

I mean, don't take me wrong, I vastly prefer f2p model over the p2p one, but it doesn't change anything about the skins in the cash shop. The up-front price is for the single player experience and production value, where the cash shop is the necessity for the game to be a live service one with continuously added content.

I mean, I'm sure there is some made-in-garage indie game that's live service without a cash shop, I just don't know any, but still for a game to be updated, to function as a live service, it pretty much has to have an MTX cash shop. Whether it has an upfront cost next to it or not doesn't make any difference.
"
Xyel wrote:

I mean, don't take me wrong, I vastly prefer f2p model over the p2p one, but it doesn't change anything about the skins in the cash shop. The up-front price is for the single player experience and production value, where the cash shop is the necessity for the game to be a live service one with continuously added content.

I mean, I'm sure there is some made-in-garage indie game that's live service without a cash shop, I just don't know any, but still for a game to be updated, to function as a live service, it pretty much has to have an MTX cash shop. Whether it has an upfront cost next to it or not doesn't make any difference.

And I would agree with this... Or, I will agree with this if D4 expansions are free, or at least very cheap. We'll see how much D4 changes each league, and how much of a live service it actually will be. If we end up with a game that charges you full AAA price for the main game, "full" price for expansions and in addition aggressively encourages you to pay for microtransaction - with only 'minor' changes each season, I will probably call myself too old for that shit.

I've only played the beta, so I don't know how much/many in-game prompts, popups and encouragements there are to the cash shop - and how much it will be in the future, but I'm sceptic. I just know that the little Kirac symbol in PoE irritates the hell out of me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

And I would agree with this... Or, I will agree with this if D4 expansions are free, or at least very cheap. We'll see how much D4 changes each league, and how much of a live service it actually will be. If we end up with a game that charges you full AAA price for the main game, "full" price for expansions and in addition aggressively encourages you to pay for microtransaction - with only 'minor' changes each season, I will probably call myself too old for that shit.

I've only played the beta, so I don't know how much/many in-game prompts, popups and encouragements there are to the cash shop - and how much it will be in the future, but I'm sceptic. I just know that the little Kirac symbol in PoE irritates the hell out of me.

Absolutely, seasons need to be proper seasons, PoE style, or the replayability just won't be there, save for the game's hardest core (I mean, some people played most seasons in D3).

So far, no prompts, no pop-ups, but there's also no battlepass yet, so will see how invasive that will be, and what will be in it (so far, the D4 cash shop looks silly because of the ingame transmog system, but I doubt that's the longterm plan) - they are apparently saving the cool stuff, like wings, for the season 1.
free game no bitchin
Second-class poe gamer
"
Vendetta wrote:

Will keep it simple because lately the forum guys at GGG are irritated. Probably because they will loose their jobs in the near future or something.

GGG has the most expensive shop in the history of microtransactions, veiled by the fact that the game is free. They wouldn't be here if the only price paid for the game was a set price and not this atrocious over expensive mtx.

The 300k peak league players wouldn't have kept the costs just with buying the game one time.

So yea 70bucks for 10 slots it's ok...at least their mtx shop will be probably put to good development use, much like GGG which declined in development over the years even though people have supported them more.

More like some people are just genuinely amused about blizzards shit show.
Not everyone has to follow a hype train after all but yea their shop prices are quite hefty giving that they already charge $70 bucks for the game itself.
Not to mention that they have even made millions by selling early access.
They sell a 100 bucks collectors box without the game included with is also more than laughable if you compare the price value of the items with a Square enix collector's box (with both game and higher quality items included)
Paid battle pass in a Buy2Play game along with further content patches gated behind paid dlcs. Not gonna lie but I'm already excited to see the prices for the bare minimum patches. The game runs on a newer engine and the UI still looks like a mobile game along with some Ingame elements. Sure today's trend goes after simplicity, but simplicity also means a low cost of development.

So yea, $70 bucks game with the bare minimum of content during the release, bare minimum of care about simple stuff like character slots, paid dlcs, paid battle pass, horse armor for 25 bucks cause we all know how much of an important game breaking key element the mount is. I don't know if that's any better than any other arpg or comparable with the higher prices for mtx in a f2p game but I'm definitely looking forward to see the prices for their other upcoming stuff just for the sake of my own amusement.

But we've already seen it in D3, nice game with plenty of sold copies but after some time they've watered down content and season content by a lot even with their high budget to work with. Giving blizzards standards these days they are simply going to milk all the money out of D4 just like they do to all their other games.
StarCraft kept alive without further development as f2p for profit.
Heroes of the storm, dead abandoned game also without any further development but continuously cash shop update.
OW2 abandoned even after big plans and roadmaps, hey least it's f2p to sell cash shop stuff to everyone lol.
No comment about their f2p online card game which is pretty much unplayable as free player since years.
D3 bare minimum seasons and patches even long before D4 release happened.
Bare minimum WoW expansions/effort compared to what they used to deliver. Not to mention that wow is their main game and focus.

It's fine if you enjoy the game but by all meaning don't try to make blizzard or D4 look like a perfect sweet candy. Cause what they already offer in form of content be it Ingame and extra paid is solely a joke giving the development time they've put into it.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 6, 2023, 7:40:48 AM
So GGG, the company that is yet to go out of beta testing, is somehow better than D4? Exile has truly made people insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info