I alt+f4 at lvl 10 in D4, that game is so boring

"
Xyel wrote:

Yeah, that's something that keeps baffling me. On the one hand, GGG firmly pivots the game around the most hardcore part of its playerbase, and on the other hand, it puts a massive investment into the extended tutorial, which that very hardcore part of the playerbase rushes through, competing in who manages to get rid of that the fastest. No matter how cool the new campaign is, if one can rush the old campaign an hour faster than the new one, the entire core playerbase will play the old campaign beyond the first league of PoE 2.

this will never happen.
i would not be surprised, if poe2 will look more like ruthless in both modes. ggg dont develope a campaign for a few years, to be deleted in a few hours.
"
Latze wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

Yeah, that's something that keeps baffling me. On the one hand, GGG firmly pivots the game around the most hardcore part of its playerbase, and on the other hand, it puts a massive investment into the extended tutorial, which that very hardcore part of the playerbase rushes through, competing in who manages to get rid of that the fastest. No matter how cool the new campaign is, if one can rush the old campaign an hour faster than the new one, the entire core playerbase will play the old campaign beyond the first league of PoE 2.

this will never happen.
i would not be surprised, if poe2 will look more like ruthless in both modes. ggg dont develope a campaign for a few years, to be deleted in a few hours.

This is what I'm curious about. On the one hand, GGG seems to be obsessed with Ruthless, clearly considering it the superior game mode that's great for everyone and everything, the mode they want PoE to be... but on the other hand, almost nobody plays ruthless even when GGG has given it a massive marketing push in Crucible, even tailoring the league mechanic around it.

I wonder whether GGG will swallow their pride and turn ruthless into the side pet project it was supposed to be, or if they'll keep the course of 'you will play ruthless and you will be happy.'
Last edited by Xyel on May 16, 2023, 4:24:29 AM
The problem with Ruthless is that it is driven by the founders of GGG, and it's not necessarily reflective of the company as a whole. I'm sure there is opinion variance and disagreemet at GGG on this amongst all the devs.

Its my view, that once CW cashed out for many millions the focus on revenue driving, and appeal, became less important, and the desire to make the game "they" wanted, more so.

It's obvious that Ruthless is less profitable, less appealing, version of the game overall, which is why there is some friction amongst the community on the game mode.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 16, 2023, 11:25:33 AM
"
Xyel wrote:
"
Latze wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

this will never happen.

This is what I'm curious about. On the one hand, GGG seems to be obsessed with Ruthless, clearly considering it the superior game mode that's great for everyone and everything, the mode they want PoE to be... but on the other hand, almost nobody plays ruthless even when GGG has given it a massive marketing push in Crucible, even tailoring the league mechanic around it.

I wonder whether GGG will swallow their pride and turn ruthless into the side pet project it was supposed to be, or if they'll keep the course of 'you will play ruthless and you will be happy.'

The main issue is, that no one wants to play a 10 year old game with less loot. Its pure time waste for exactly nothing.
A new campaign, i think of some kind of ruthless (not the current form), can be good.
A lot of players are complaining , that they want a more polished game and the current state of the game (itemization) is just bad. Everything is focused on div/h and items dont really matter anymore (but thats another story).
Actually i would bet on POE2-Ruthless light, but maybe im wrong.

I think you're too quick to judge the game considering first 10 levels into D4 in the only act in the game available and with second difficulty out of four
It's like most poe starter builds don't even feel like builds until like lvl 12 from my experience, so no wonder D4 doesn't look as fun even before that?
Pika pika!
"
Xyel wrote:
"
feike wrote:
As i said in my post, it comes from the viewpoint of a guy who tries to put himself in the shoes of a new player but isnt a new player himself

The manner of fact is: PoE only REALLY demands knowlege on the final sections of the game. Its almost established fact that the first character a person make will suck, but gess what? The sheer fact that you will get to maps with that sucky character is proof that for the early game, you dont need to know jack shit to make things work, most of the casuals that you claim D4 will cather dont play past that, so in truth, they dont experience the really know-checks of the game. EVERYTHING works on story mode, it takes a special kind of botch on passives to end with a trully umplayable character that cant kill kitava

You haven't made a league character in a while, have you?

In the current league, the first learning moment comes in the second zone, when the player meets a crucible. A standard new player will fully juice it up, and have to reset the zone to move forward, as you're not clearing a charged up crucible on lvl3. An experienced player knows to not click on league mechanic until he has a mostly complete character (the bar changes for different builds).

The second learning moment comes later in act one, when the player starts getting murdered by cold-damage mobs, which are an absolute death at that point unless the player is really good at dodging all the mob usual skills, which experienced players are, but new players have no chance to be.

The third learning moment also comes somewhere in Act1, when the player meets a rare mob with perk that counters the player's main damage type. That mob will either take forever to kill if it's a weak mob base, or absolutely demolish the player if it's a dangerous mob. An experienced player wouldn't even notice the mob because he's skipping all yellow mobs anyway.

The fourth moment is at the start of Act6, because at that point, one needs to have somewhat fixed resistances, or start dying, a lot. (unless one naturally dodges almost everything the monsters throw, which comes with experience that new players don't have)

"
feike wrote:
... just picking a random skill and stiching stuff around that skill in a way that kinda makes sense works just fine

Not really, damage starts to be a problem in ~act8 for most non-meta skills, survivability becomes an issue at white maps because builds without decent defenses/a ton of damage start dying, and the wall where the majority of 'fuck around and find out' builds don't get through are yellow maps, where that randomly picked skill better be boneshatter, and/or the stitching involve one of the top ascendancies, or it's reroll time.

There's a good reason why the main advice every new player gets from an experienced one is 'follow a guide like a word of god', usually followed by a reference to pohx's RF

So, what's so bad about learning?
And I'm not sure, because I always press "Skip all tutorials", but there might be some crucial info in there, like the socket system, resistances and so on.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
As an avid arpg player imma play D4 till i puke then will play a bit more. than will play Last Epoch on V 1.0 release, will play path of exile and will be playing poe 2 too.. i don't discriminate i don't choose one over others.. they are all precious
Isn't there any meaningful thing, that a person can say to have a positive impact ?

It's like they say "if you want things done right, you do them yourselves".

But if i omit the first sentence, then the second sentence won't have the same effect. It'll feel like a silly copied sentence or something, that isn't worth taking seriously. But with the first sentence preceding it, it feels like i'm trying to make an effort. Man, watching people play stanley parable really did a number on me.
"
Xyel wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
casual because simply poe 1-20 is a better game than d4 1-20.

I couldn't help myself but to come to laugh at this. That's a completely delusional take.

what's "delusional" if someone voices his very own opinion?

i could say that most of your posts are "delusional" to me but how does that help you see your mistakes?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
casual because simply poe 1-20 is a better game than d4 1-20.

I couldn't help myself but to come to laugh at this. That's a completely delusional take.

what's "delusional" if someone voices his very own opinion?

i could say that most of your posts are "delusional" to me but how does that help you see your mistakes?

Many people's opinion is that the Earth is flat. Just because something is someone's own opinion doesn't mean it cannot be delusional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info