I alt+f4 at lvl 10 in D4, that game is so boring

D4 is more boring than leveling a new PoE 1 character in Act 1

There is no challenge it's just plain and simple a borefest, skills have no impact, visual effects are so generic and the sound effect is bland, it's the most generic ARPG i played, i didn't like D3 and yet i find D3 better than D4

They managed to do that 🤣

Thank god they made the beta accessible to people who didn't buy, i just saved 70€ 🙏

Last edited by ryuukk33 on May 12, 2023, 5:15:08 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2023, 3:26:10 PM
Funny, that wasn't the "Free Server" slam I was expecting. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Oh no! you are going to summon DarthSki
Last edited by sadida512 on May 12, 2023, 6:48:57 PM
I'm gonna try it again here in a bit. I played about 10 mins with a necro and it was feeling bland, but 10 mins is too short to tell.
"
ryuukk33 wrote:
D4 is more boring than leveling a new PoE 1 character in Act 1

There is no challenge it's just plain and simple a borefest, skills have no impact, visual effects are so generic and the sound effect is bland, it's the most generic ARPG i played, i didn't like D3 and yet i find D3 better than D4

They managed to do that 🤣

Thank god they made the beta accessible to people who didn't buy, i just saved 70€ 🙏

I mean D4 is just a even further watered down version if D3, so no surprise there.
They just tried to get a combination of Diablo and Lost ark as this game hit in quite well and you can see some things they took over which are quite uncommon for a hack and slash arpg game.

"
sadida512 wrote:

Oh no not the Diabloski!
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
so i didnt rly want to play it before launch, but a friend insisted i play it with her today for the free pet/mount/whatever...

em, meh? im level 19, kind of hard to tell so far. combat doesnt feel too good, im playing sorc, i dont feel like i have good control of the character. feels clunky like when poe added animation cancelling and u played it with a slow skill that drives you fking crazy to have animation cancelled on you, and it happens constantly because you are used to playing an apm way higher than this cancelling bullshit can allow. i just stopped playing those skills in poe because i dont like a game that feels like unresponsive dogshit to play.

i dunno what was going on but it felt so clunky, my character felt like it constantly wanted to wander into combat rather than kite and shoot. my shift key discipline is top tier from playing years with poe desync, i never use a skill without the little finger on shift. no problems with other arpgs, this one? i dunno, the aiming feels off, its constantly not under full control, it feels like the game is always a few steps behind me and ive mentally already committed to actions that are then thwarted by my previous action not playing out the way i pressed the keys?

i dunno guys. D3 has 6 runes for every skill, now each skill has 2 choices and theyre both pretty bland compared to a lot of d3 runes? is this supposed to be better because it looks like a tree? i know d2 didnt have modifiers at all really. i mean, sure, and by todays standards its skill system is trash tier so? whats going on? is it all on the gear, all the big changes come when ive got all the legendary powers thats where i customise a lot of whats going on with my skills? maybe.

speaking of gear, mod pool seems a bit eh? and the items themselves, the art in my inventory is garbage, the items dont feel like anything, i had some boots earlier that had mods written on them like this...

x% fire resist
x% movement speed
x% poison resist

like what? why is movespeed being displayed between 2 resists? why are the stats not grouped properly?

i just feels like a game made by people who dont play arpgs much, and thats probably because its a game made by people who openly admit theyve hardly played arpgs at all in the last decade.

i wanna love this game. it may get a lot better later on. right now its a big meh from me. people were calling it a reskinned d3, i wanna say thats a bit harsh on d3 but actually the first 19 levels of d3 probably feel like trash too, but you know the game gets a lot better.

my hype was a strong 9 a few months ago. my hype is now a 2.

im going to stay with a friend in sweden for 2 months june + july, despite her having a pc and me having a lot of free time to play it while im there, im not gonna bother. i havent preordered the game yet and now i wont. ill probably give it a go 2, 3, 6 months after release maybe? who knows. i might get an itch and buy it in august when i get home, honestly i could just as easily see myself not even buy this game this year at all.

this from someone whos played 15k+ hours of poe and has played almost every season of d3. maybe im just out of love with arpgs right now chaps, i dunno.
so my friend wanted me to play with her before work, and i went in and played the world boss with her.

we stand around and wait for a world boss to spawn, the fight is a complete clusterfuck, it when runs away when its got a tiny slither of health left. total waste of time, and we cant replay it because its on a timer and it spawns, i dunno when, some point in the future?

sry why is this a thing? why am i running through an open world, its empty because someone came along a minute ago and killed all the monsters, i get to a place and click a thing, and then i have to backtrack through the same world i just came through, hand in my quest, then go a third time through this same bit of world backtracking through a bit ive just backtracked through to go somewhere else and monsters randomly spawn back or dont and theres just empty bits?

what is the point in this? why is it not just a single player game where i move through an area thats been designed for me to enjoy moving through and at the end of it theres the next area thats designed for me to play through?

ive never played an mmo, i dont want to play an mmmo, and this isnt an mmo. the actual game is single player dungeons that i play single player or in party co-op. theres all this trash that is worse than a single player game that you obviously have to suffer in multiplyer games in my single player game. why? what am i gaining having any of this vs just having zones and bosses in a proper single player campaign?

i dont get it. just a trash game up to this point. maybe the endgame is compelling but 1-20 is garbage, D3 and PoE1 are better than this game so far, D2 is better than it. awful.
"
sadida512 wrote:

TeeHee :)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Hi Guys!

Sorry was busy this weekend, couldn't engage with my fellow exiles.

I would say, and it doesn't go without acknowledging that we are on the PoE forums, that both D4 and PoE will be fine. Fear not doomsayers!

Anyone that is spending hundreds of hours in each PoE league, getting 40/40 challenges, or rolling many builds, well quite frankly, they are not going to find D4 up to the task of meeting their needs. I don't' know what to tell those folks other than stick to what you like. D4 isn't for you. It really isn't.

D4 is mostly catering to the person that is working all day, comes home, has some dinner, spends time with their SO, and then has a couple of hours at most to maybe relax, kills some mobs, get some loot, play with friends, etc... (with some variance of course) Maybe on the weekends there is some more time, but overall they are not planning their life around the game. It's supplemental entertainment. That is their core demo, average, casual, gamer. You don't have to read a manifesto, have 3 windows open with different websites and PoB. It's not that. It's not trying to be that.

D4 isn't supposed to be played forever, that's literally what their lead dev said. It's planned to be about 100+ hours or so per season (not 50 hours a week). The game isn't designed to be like PoE at all. Hell PoE is F2P and needs to monetize players over time. It's the only way the game survives. They have to do their best to keep you playing. D4 has 100% monetization for every. single. player. Sure they want to keep people around for expansions and the cash shop, but it isn't intended to be limitless gameplay. (maybe PVP if it's good, who knows there)

Anyway D4 will be fine. More than fine. It's going to appeal to exactly whom they want to be interested. And for those folks D4 will be perfect. It will absolutely burn out the hardcore folks quickly because at some point they will be completed. There is nothing wrong with that. Mathil cannot put 500-600 hours a season into D4 for example. It just isn't there. Thats not a negative feature for 99% of the millions of players D4 will have.

In the end play what you want, or both, or neither and rock FFXVI, Zelda, whatever is your jam. Believe me millions of folks won't care that some rando edgelord on the PoE boards thinks D4 is boring trash. I've lived this for 10 years with D3 here. It's not novel, unique, interesting, or even really matters. It's fun for the memes and the D4 posts here over the summer will be cool, I get it, but D4 will be a juggernaut, there is little doubt.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 14, 2023, 8:35:50 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

D4 is mostly catering to the person that is working all day, comes home, has some dinner, spends time with their SO, and then has a couple of hours at most to maybe relax, kills some mobs, get some loot, play with friends, etc... (with some variance of course) Maybe on the weekends there is some more time, but overall they are not planning their life around the game.

I mean that's not a D4 unique thing and would apply to every game cause it comes down to you as a gamer with how many hours you put into whatever game, and you sure get to enjoy every single game on the market even as "self claimed casual" with just a few hours of playtime a day. Like hell even a lot of people used to play grindy mmorpgs as a casual player, and some of them sure required way more time than any arpg ever did
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info