Crash to desktop on launch

Thanks for the file!

Posts from 2021 & 2022 had similar exception codes & were resolved by blowing out the "Path of Exile" folder from "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming".

Edit: Created a Powershell command to rename the Roaming profile for Path of Exile.

Right click Windows button > Run > powershell > Copy paste the spoiler text & hit Enter: (This will rename the folder for you & prompt before doing so.)

Spoiler
Rename-Item "$env:APPDATA\Path of Exile" -NewName "Path of Exile_$(Get-Date -Format "yyyyMMdd")" -Confirm

If that doesn't work...assuming C:\ is where Windows is installed -- do you have enough space on C:\ to install PoE Desktop Client? If so, please try to install it on C:\.
Last edited by raz0rh00f on May 18, 2023, 3:21:27 PM
windows is on C, right now I have both client and steam downloaded on D. I have had them on both drives at several times at some point. I can move windows if I have to

edit. re downloading and installing both on C
Last edited by ImGryssLOL on May 19, 2023, 12:59:25 AM
To make things easier, I now have client on C and steam and steam poe on D
Have you tried running the Powershell command in my previous post?
I have, it did not change anything

edit: let me try again now that I have one copy on C and another on D

edit edit:

I ran it again

Are you sure you want to perform this action?
Performing the operation "Rename Directory" on target "Item: C:\Users\speed\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile Destination:
C:\Users\speed\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile_20230519".
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"): y

same thing, CTD on steam and client.

Last edited by ImGryssLOL on May 19, 2023, 6:09:39 PM
I got so excited.... I made it all the way past the GGG inro before it crashed...

My heart is truly broken now
From what you have tried so far, I am of the opinion that you have a hardware issue. My suspicion is either motherboard or cpu, or even power supply. Possibly even gpu.

Being a fairly new pc does not necessarily mean that it is ok - hardware can be faulty straight out of the box.

And before you say "but it only happens with PoE", just remember that PoE is a huge stressor of a system, more so than just about any other piece of software that I can think of ;)

Could also be faulty RAM.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on May 20, 2023, 5:13:38 AM
"
xjjanie wrote:
From what you have tried so far, I am of the opinion that you have a hardware issue. My suspicion is either motherboard or cpu, or even power supply. Possibly even gpu.

Being a fairly new pc does not necessarily mean that it is ok - hardware can be faulty straight out of the box.

And before you say "but it only happens with PoE", just remember that PoE is a huge stressor of a system, more so than just about any other piece of software that I can think of ;)

Could also be faulty RAM.

I have swapped ram and ram slots, I have swapped gpus with another 3080ti. I have purchased a new Samsung m.2.

So if it is hardware is MOBO or cpu.

But my cpu runs everything else fine hurr durr. Which is true. I can run bench marks and stress tests no problem. I also no lifed the start of the league no problem and this popped up after the patch. So maybe the patch went live and my MOBO died at the same time. I just need to be able to prove something so I can warranty it I guess

So if it is hardware it’s cpu or MOBO.
So I'm going to swap CPUs to see if that fixes it.

I ran prime 95 and get a error on worked 8 insta now. so no matter what I'm going to RMA the cpu but I have a i7 I can swap it with in the meantime
the saddest bump. I still can't launch poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info