Crash to desktop on launch

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I tried all 3 variants and got no where. still crashing on into screen or at the very best the login screen

do you have any "sounds software" or "video capture" software installed / running on your system ?
Are you running a "performens profile" on your ram ?

No, no and no.

Its a fresh windows install whole computer was built one week before the league.

so I have like discord/steam for poe/wow installed and thats it. I don't stream or do any video capture. So this is on a fresh legit windows install. Also from someone elses recommendation I swapped my video card with my partners video card. we have the same EVGA 3080ti cards. no change. and poe runs on her machine

She also has the same ram, I could swap that if you think it might help
Last edited by ImGryssLOL on May 14, 2023, 9:30:02 PM
sorry for the late reply, my father in law is on hospice so I'm only home one day a week. today I got the error on launch

"art/Models/MONSTERS/SlaveCather/rig.ast": Failed to uncompress animation 6
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I tried all 3 variants and got no where. still crashing on into screen or at the very best the login screen

do you have any "sounds software" or "video capture" software installed / running on your system ?

No, no and no.

Its a fresh windows install whole computer was built one week before the league.

so I have like discord/steam for poe/wow installed and thats it. I don't stream or do any video capture. So this is on a fresh legit windows install. Also from someone elses recommendation I swapped my video card with my partners video card. we have the same EVGA 3080ti cards. no change. and poe runs on her machine

She also has the same ram, I could swap that if you think it might help

I am running a 13900k with 64gig of corsair ram and stock speeds. asrock taichi z790 and evga 3080ti. nothing is overclocked or changed in bios
Last edited by ImGryssLOL on May 14, 2023, 9:33:01 PM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:

also what do you mean sound software? Maybe I'm running something I don't know about. I will gladly remove anything if you can give me an example
I have now also done another fresh windows install. I did not save any files and I'm still stuck

so on this PC right now there is windows with default settings, steam and path of exile.

someone also suggested it may be a ram issue so I moved my ram sticks to the other channel. then swapped them out with two sticks of the same ram and I am still having this issue.
per someones suggestion I have installed a new m.2 drive, deleted poe and steam then installed them to the new drive. no change.

Both drives are samsung 980 pro 2tb m.2 ssds

tomorrow I'm going to swap drive with my partners PC with a working copy of poe from a drive on her computer into mine and vice versa. I will post if I find anything
I've swapped drives. poe runs on my drive on her machine

poe on her drive will still insta crash on my machine

per someones suggestion I have rolled back my bios and drivers, tried to launch. then re updated everything, still crashes.

I don't have a mobo or cpu I can swap and pretty soon windows is going to get mad at me for changing hardware.

anyone else have any ideas?
got these last night

https://imgur.com/6eIC6ko

https://imgur.com/aKOBHh9

https://imgur.com/JCQ8YEv

I ran another virify game files on steam after this and have not seen them again
Last edited by ImGryssLOL on May 15, 2023, 3:02:20 PM
per someones suggestion I disabled all audio devices and disabled sound in game, no change.

I have also removed or disconnected all rgb from the tower and removed my corsair mouse and keyboard (I already delted ICue) no change.
Anyone else have any idea before I swap a CPU? this is getting kind of nuts and I can't imagine its a hardware issue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info