Crash to desktop on launch

Hi there,

I've been gone for about a week and got home and wanted to finish my challenges. I was having issues getting to game to launch using steam. It would load then close out without opening the game. A few tries later I was able to get on for about 5 minutes, when I joined my HO I saw a error flash about "failed to uncompress animation"

After that I was unable to even get past the GGG screen. Every time I launch it insta crashes to desktop. I used the repair feature on steam, no change. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no change. I installed the stand along client, no change. Updated GPU drivers, no change.

I found some people who had similar issues here

https://fr.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2269524

I followed some of the suggestions they had about changing DX, deleting a file, disabling some sound feature and nothing works.

Any guidance would be great.

my CPU is 13900k/evga 3080ti/64g corsair ddr5 ram
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2023, 6:30:17 PM
the only error I was able to catch and screen shot in time says

"art/Models/MONSTERS/OriathBlackguard/rig.ast":Failed to incompress animation 17

This happened on the GGG logo at launch
still can't play, tried to reinstall again. I'm at a loss
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:

try this -->
1. Run packcheck.exe as "an administrator" / In steam select "Verify game files".
2. Delete the local PoE cache files here -->
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\
3. Now start PoE again as "an administrator". When at the login screen, select options.
4. Now set texture to MEDIUM and Sound channels to low.
5. See if the issue is resolved ?

Also depending on if you run DX11, Vulcan or DX12 (Beta) then try changing between them.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:

try this -->
1. Run packcheck.exe as "an administrator" / In steam select "Verify game files".
2. Delete the local PoE cache files here -->
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\
3. Now start PoE again as "an administrator". When at the login screen, select options.
4. Now set texture to MEDIUM and Sound channels to low.
5. See if the issue is resolved ?

Also depending on if you run DX11, Vulcan or DX12 (Beta) then try changing between them.

ok I will try that all again right now.

But for the settings. I'm able to change settings in geforce to low, I've got everything dumped but I can't change render. the game will crash before I can get to options to change it. Any ideas?
Still no go.

I also got this error last night

"IarPositiTerrain/CharacterSelevetion/CharacterSelection2/BlackguardMinorlnquisitor_ao": Filename must end with .ao

I got this on the GGG launch screen
I've also deleted the steam client and stand alone client and reinstalled several times. I've been trying these solutions on both. for a fresh install I can't even get past the main screen without crashing. Most of the time it will crash to desktop during the GGG intro, sometimes I can get to the main login screen and the game will freeze
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I've also deleted the steam client and stand alone client and reinstalled several times. I've been trying these solutions on both. for a fresh install I can't even get past the main screen without crashing. Most of the time it will crash to desktop during the GGG intro, sometimes I can get to the main login screen and the game will freeze

try deleting this file to reset your settings (it's also the file where you manually can control if you run DX11, Vulcan or DX12) -->
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini
I tried all 3 variants and got no where. still crashing on into screen or at the very best the login screen
"
ImGryssLOL wrote:
I tried all 3 variants and got no where. still crashing on into screen or at the very best the login screen

do you have any "sounds software" or "video capture" software installed / running on your system ?
Are you running a "performens profile" on your ram ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info