Race Season Two Announced!

"
Galaxy wrote:
Will the Oynx Amulet be ilvl 100?

All items given as prize are iLvL 100.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:
It's one of those events that caters to very few people I believe. It's likely the reason they are making the lengthy races party races.

There is one practical issue with it as well, not all classes gets healing support gems for example, while it may sound like a challenge to do endgame without I'm thinking not many would attempt it.

Just use class ladders as in most other races if the "long" (1 week / 1 month) race is a solo race.

"
boboglum wrote:
Races that are primarily based on story progression would be easy to gauge.

As soon as players complete the necessary objectives to progress the story line, the ladder would reset placing those who have progressed the story line ahead of those who haven't.
Different players who have progressed through the story to the same point would then be placed according to total experience gained.

Or they could be ranked according to the order in which they reached their current level of progression.
I suggest in Season Three you also make 1 week and 1 month leagues but solo(or let players choose). My friend left and I am alone now. I don't like partying with anyone I find...

Also could someone explain the text from Kaom's Heart? I don't get it related to the stats. "The warrior who fears will fall." There are some items I understand, like Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet, "... it's thirst has only begun." because it takes 25% of maximum HP and ES, but I don't get this one. Where is the fear?

Also, Extra Gore means more blood? And why would an amulet have alternate artwork? If you zoom in enough you can see it on your character? Or just to see how the item looks?

Radiance makes it shine like some of those cosmetics?

Again sorry for so many stupid questions but I am new and I really want to know much about this game since I love it. Thanks if you take your time to read and answer.
Last edited by QweDan96 on Apr 19, 2013, 11:47:05 AM
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Experience has a base "resolution" of 1 point (thats how many, 1/10 of the very first killed monster on the beach?), while ...
Its just not possible to set a rule that generates a true placement and can spawn a winner.

Award additional XP at the end of the race based on quest completed, have each quest count as 1/10th of a level, gate the acts through full quest completion (requires changing the game though) and so on, I'm sure there are more solutions to that problem.

of course are there (additional) options, that could add some more result diversity, but you will still have a lot of players/chars with the same result, killing any ranking. And even you tell that your suggestions need some changes ingame - I also can imagine to measure the travelled steps or to count the amount of killed monsters as addition (probably had to be related to their level, or to the monster/char level ratio to prevent lowlevel farming abuse), but I cant see a truly "worth" of the effort for the races. Could be fun as additional event/challenge type of course - but IMHO more as fun than as competition to the normal races.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
QweDan96 wrote:
But what is that Onyx Amulet doing there? Does it have any hidden stats or something? I've also seen in Season One there was a normal Coral Ring. What are they doing here?

They are there

a) as kind of 'collector' items (they have a different artwork than the normal jewelries)

and b) their "hidden" stat is an itemlevel of 100, so they can roll any affix at the highest possible/available level (also if there are even higher affixes added later, as long as they dont exceed 100 - what I dont expect)

so: they are different, and they are the best white items you can ever get ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Looking forward to a bit of Season 2 racing.

Very happy to see an Aus/NZ evening friendly time finally.

In Season 1 I got 72 RPs then lost interest as i) I knew I wouldn't have the time to hit 120 RPs for the next reward and ii) racing from lvl 1 repeatedly became a chore.

I'm more effective at leveling early but would like the opportunity to start at a higher level -- I believe this is coming in Season 3.

The top level unique tiers seem a bit high. I would of done a statistical analysis on Season 1 but I can't get past the first page as something is wrong with that page. It would be interesting to see how many people raced getting more than 60 or 120 RPs versus the amount of people on the entire ladder. There should be some cherries at the 90, 160, 280, etc. marks.

IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
"
Arrogant wrote:
"
RonEmpire wrote:
I don't know. The simple robe is a unique and that means we can use orb of scouring to remove its unique quality.

Incorrect, You can not scour a Tabula Rasa.

Sorry. I meant to say "can't". I didn't mean to say you can.

That's my bad. And yea. you're correct. You can not scour a unique.

I found out from another forum a while back when I asked if we could remove the unique items earned from season 1 and reroll it cuz of the item level 100.

But we can't.

Where are the 3 hour party races that were so abundant in season 1? I loved those, please bring them back!
Very dissapointed with the prizes (points) on races.
Now it looks like they are only for experts.
With the nerf in points in short races, now even 1 hour races are pointless to parcipate in for mostly people.

I hope points will be better in other formats, like ancestral or something. Because 3 points opposite to 5 for example for 1 hour level 15 is a huge dropback for many people.

Anyway, I hope you have tested and studied the overall points and ends up being fine. I just got my doubts about it works.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 18, 2013, 8:11:20 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:
It's one of those events that caters to very few people I believe. It's likely the reason they are making the lengthy races party races.

There is one practical issue with it as well, not all classes gets healing support gems for example, while it may sound like a challenge to do endgame without I'm thinking not many would attempt it.

Just use class ladders as in most other races if the "long" (1 week / 1 month) race is a solo race.

That still doesn't solve the issue of lets say Witches all going summoner as they can't get the support gem to heal them selfs, I'm not saying it's impossible to do races that long solo, but instead pointing out how flawed they will be due to the restrictions quest rewards put on builds and how much RNG will play in to the end game success (think getting life leech dropped early as opposed to never having it for example).
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info