New Microtransactions: Mannequin Hideout Decoration, Croaking Utility Flask Effect, and Arachnamagus Cloak

"
Mannequins are half decent, but kind of upset you can't have a microtrans effect equipped to more than one at a time.

For example, I like using my Black Hole ring effect in all my cosmetic loadouts. So, while I can create cosmetic loadouts using the mannequins, if I have the ring effect equipped when I switch, it puts it back on the mannequin, and I have to manually move it back to my character. Kind of tedious, and defeats a lot of the purpose of the mannequins in the first place.

A much better system would be to be able to set the mannequins to a cosmetic set without them being allocated to the mannequin, and when you use them to 'grab' the saved set, it just copies the microtrans loadout to your character, retrieving them from other characters if necessary.

Such functionality would greatly improve their usefulness, and go some way towards justifying the frankly ridiculous 70 point cost.

This
"
Mannequins are half decent, but kind of upset you can't have a microtrans effect equipped to more than one at a time.

For example, I like using my Black Hole ring effect in all my cosmetic loadouts. So, while I can create cosmetic loadouts using the mannequins, if I have the ring effect equipped when I switch, it puts it back on the mannequin, and I have to manually move it back to my character. Kind of tedious, and defeats a lot of the purpose of the mannequins in the first place.

A much better system would be to be able to set the mannequins to a cosmetic set without them being allocated to the mannequin, and when you use them to 'grab' the saved set, it just copies the microtrans loadout to your character, retrieving them from other characters if necessary.

Such functionality would greatly improve their usefulness, and go some way towards justifying the frankly ridiculous 70 point cost.

I’m not even surprised that they implemented it this way. Not even going to buy these now.
just a showcase, meh. I need a thing that can allow me to preview a mixed set before i buy it
Apparently, if you want to have multiple mannequins and just so happen to want to showcase the same MTX on more than one at a time, you will need to have multiple copies of that MTX. What a very GGG thing to do.

These "mannequins" should have been implemented as free MTX previewers about 7 years ago.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Hey I need this for my Animate Guardian!!!
"
Ashriel wrote:
Apparently, if you want to have multiple mannequins and just so happen to want to showcase the same MTX on more than one at a time, you will need to have multiple copies of that MTX. What a very GGG thing to do.

I learned this the hard way a while ago when my first char was an Elementalist and using 5 different golems. Thought the one MTX I bought could be used on the 5 different golem types...
The price of a full game. What should be basic feature. GGG has pushed me more towards communism than blackrock has.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"

+1
Was looking forward to it and thought sure they will be free, so other people can see all the cool MTX ingame, actually like some kind of free advertising from players for players. but 70Coins for 1! and the points above mentioned from KreldinFoxclaw....

Nah i dont think i will buy it... so as always... only for myself on my charackter insteed, like always
Last edited by Benzka on May 4, 2023, 2:47:17 AM
Heard the mannequins have been crashing hideouts? Makes me cautious about buying too early…
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
No more spiders, please. I demand a new fox related MTX!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info