So frustrating :(

The exp loss is just anti-fun.

Like the moment you get into a nice mood you are fucked since you will inevitably run into some random explode on death mob and die.
Last edited by mrfox123 on May 1, 2023, 10:21:06 AM
My opinion is this penalty should be removed, why frustrating players until they leave.

We have all a real life and don't want to find and grind forever or play white maps for days to don't die 😅
I theorycraft my builds to peak at 94. Never used 5ways for levelling in my life. Only did it once because there was some league specific challenge tied to it. I salute those carries for having such a strong build, but I'm against the idea in general. There needs to be an alternate solo friendly way to get similar xp, and please don't make us do heists, because lvl 82 heist zones are too rippy.
Doesn't help that you have to defeat 4 end-game bosses to reliably get maps with appropriate tier to actually get exp.
"
mrfox123 wrote:
Doesn't help that you have to defeat 4 end-game bosses to reliably get maps with appropriate tier to actually get exp.

It's almost like you don't need to be 100 to defeat any of those bosses. You don't even need to be 95.
At lvl 90+ you should start to differ. do you want to farm or level up.
If you want to farm, simply tryhard the content you are up to and ignore the exp bar, since it will just move a little back and forth without getting full.
If you want to level up, be more cautious about what content to play and try to play it more save. I would especially recommend to step away from killing pinnacle bosses if you want to level up, since they can be very rippy, if you don't know the mechanics in detail.

What I like to do for leveling up alone is heist and delve. At least with my build, both is very safe while providing acceptable exp rates. For leveling at higher speed, there are also sereval options. besides the mentioned 5 ways, you could also look for rotations of other content that provides good exp: beachhead, chayula breachstones, cowards trial etc.
You could also try to farm Oba's cursed trove. The map isn't exactly a community favorite because you HAVE to run it clear, but the last area of the map has mob lvl 86 iirc, which helps a little against the exp penalty at 90+.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Yes, but that annoys me immensely because you can't make any progress, you want to max out your gear and that's really only possible via the skill tree, at least with the Minion build because a lot comes via the skill tree.

The whole thing is so frustrating that I soon no longer have the desire.

Had I known earlier I would not have invested a cent :/ unfortunately

The game is really good but the XP penalty should not be.
"
DoNotAimAtM wrote:
Yes, but that annoys me immensely because you can't make any progress, you want to max out your gear and that's really only possible via the skill tree, at least with the Minion build because a lot comes via the skill tree.

The whole thing is so frustrating that I soon no longer have the desire.

Had I known earlier I would not have invested a cent :/ unfortunately

The game is really good but the XP penalty should not be.

you're already at lvl 92. If you still need more skillpoints in order to get the build working, something went terribly wrong. The last ~10 skillpoints are usually only for optimizing a working build.

Like already said, at some point (usually 85+) I strongly differ between leveling and farming. If I get a levelup while farming, it's fine, but most of the time I simply don't care about the xp bar and therefore protect myself from the frustration.

For the exp penalty itself... I got used to it, since it somewhat prevents you from tryharding any content without consequences. Level 100 was never meant to be something alot of characters are able to reach (even if it has become alot easier over the years).

/edit: looking at your char, what about getting a new wand with +1 to minion gems? that should offer a noticable boost, without burning a hole into your currency stash tab.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 2, 2023, 7:07:02 AM
Then it's my can in the game why I don't manage a lot of things and that frustrates me just as much.

Then I don't know if the game is for me in the long run :/

Too bad.
"
DoNotAimAtM wrote:
Then it's my can in the game why I don't manage a lot of things and that frustrates me just as much.

Then I don't know if the game is for me in the long run :/

Too bad.

I would really reccomend you to calm down. PoE was always meant to be difficult and complex (compared to the usual ARPG). It seems to be your first season, so having a lvl 90 char that isn't equipped like shit is already kind of a achievement.
The more you learn about the game, the more you will be able to prevent unnecessary deaths.

On the other hand, it's sometimes useful to accept that you may don't belong to the target group GGG is looking for. I know quiet a few games that are good, but that I won't play because I personally wouldn't have that much fun with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info