"What we're working on"

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm actually okay with Crucible as is because I'm not trying to recombine some impossible tree. My few attempts at combining trees have ended with laughably bad results. I can see if someone was more engaged with the mechanic, it would be very frustrating.

Yeah, you know me, I'm probably a little bit more level headed to go all out whining about something. Believe it or not, I'm liking this mechanic better than Kalandra or Sanctum. But at least Sanctum felt... Well designed. Crucible seems... Lacking.

Also please remind yourself when the last time a league went core was. You might be surprised.

Designing leagues with the full intent to throw it out, and thusly not having to worry about post launch maintenance, is such a poor way to go until PoE2. I very much dislike this under the guise of preventing bloat, or the wildy misleading "reworks" of existing league mechanics.

Quite frankly I don't know how you can view PoE2 at this point without significant pessimism, or more extreme, flat out Ruthless paranoia. The communication from GGG had been terrible, both in frequency and in content. July should be very interesting for those that enjoy PoE as their main game. The remaining players might not even care (which should concern GGG greatly), because of D4.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Also please remind yourself when the last time a league went core was. You might be surprised.

Designing leagues with the full intent to throw it out, and thusly not having to worry about post launch maintenance, is such a poor way to go until PoE2. I very much dislike this under the guise of preventing bloat, or the wildy misleading "reworks" of existing league mechanics.

Quite frankly I don't know how you can view PoE2 at this point without significant pessimism, or more extreme, flat out Ruthless paranoia. The communication from GGG had been terrible, both in frequency and in content. July should be very interesting for those that enjoy PoE as their main game. The remaining players might not even care (which should concern GGG greatly), because of D4.

Things going core is a damned if they do, damned if they don't topic. The "Game is bloated" crowd (unfortunately) might be directly responsible for fewer leagues going full core. I think you're looking for animus when really that might be a direct result of listening to (part of) the community.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 21, 2023, 2:54:24 PM
They could just cycle stuff out to bring new stuff in. Like who gives a damn about torment still being in the game? Some of the other mechanics probably wouldn't be missed as well. They could even do what they are doing with maps, cycle stuff in and out every few leagues to keep things "fresh". Nothing going core since 3.15 is just... not a good idea.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Things going core is a damned if they do, damned if they don't topic. The "Game is bloated" crowd (unfortunately) might be directly responsible for fewer leagues going full core. I think you're looking for animus when really that might be a direct result of listening to (part of) the community.

Or...GGG is doing this intentionally to avoid having to balance and integrate into PoE1 systems (which makes PoE2 easier to develop since it's not a fluid base game)

I think this has very little to due with "the game is bloated crowd", which I dont think GGG even cares about that feedback, or really much of what players have been saying lately. I mean really, what significant "feedback" in the last 12 months have been implemented into the game?

Honestly I'd have to really think about player positive changes that made a difference other than the Atlas passive tree, which was a surprise, and some time ago. What else has there been? It's almost entirely anti-player desgin initiatives. Seriously remind me if I'm missing something obvious.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 21, 2023, 3:06:23 PM
I'd be surprised if there were more than one patch for this league, the pressure on ggg must be getting insane nowadays.
Second-class poe gamer
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm actually okay with Crucible as is because I'm not trying to recombine some impossible tree. My few attempts at combining trees have ended with laughably bad results. I can see if someone was more engaged with the mechanic, it would be very frustrating.

Yeah, you know me, I'm probably a little bit more level headed to go all out whining about something. Believe it or not, I'm liking this mechanic better than Kalandra or Sanctum. But at least Sanctum felt... Well designed. Crucible seems... Lacking.

Yeah, same. I'm more accepting of a wide range of things because I view the challenge and fun of the game being the need to adapt each league. So I'm not the best measure for smaller things that might be an issue. If I were to complain, it would be how badly they wrecked breach. But really, that just costs me a bunch of Orbs of Unmaking and I spec into something else so I don't see the need to.

Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 21, 2023, 3:58:06 PM
To be fair I'm always [pleasantly] surprised when they try to fix league mechanics at all. But let's be honest - on the grand scheme of things and PoE 2 being around the corner, a temporary 3-4 months long league is like a drop in the ocean and doesn't matter much. *Insert 'if he dies - he dies' meme. 'Oh, well we failed - let's try doing a better job next league'. Especially if they've already grabbed the cash from supporter packs. It surely is cute for them trying to fix things, but it's hard for me to see how it benefits them as a business.
"
esostaks wrote:
But let's be honest - on the grand scheme of things and PoE 2 being around the corner, a temporary 3-4 months long league is like a drop in the ocean and doesn't matter much.

Yes, but this has been going on for like 18 months, not 3-4.

The amount of things PoE2 is supposed to save/fix has long since entered meme territory. And GGG has never even remotely managed expectations. Hell not everyone even knows that PoE2 isn't even a new game lol.
- Abraham Lincoln
On a side note, leagues don't go core anymore because of the Atlas tree. To mix mechanics means remaking potentially large parts of it, and balancing the new result would take a lot of work to do. And GGG would be damned if they spent more time on PoE 1 than they feel like they have to.
Last edited by Xyel on Apr 21, 2023, 4:46:26 PM
"
Xyel wrote:
On a side note, leagues don't go core anymore because of the Atlas tree

Lol I hope that's true, just for memes and professional embarrassment.
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info