"What we're working on"

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Record number of players in this league. No need to change anything.

ROFL

/S ?

Unfortunate fact i am afraid. Both the league start numbers and the week one rentention numbers were top, there were topics for both on reddit. Probably because of GGGs balance slip ups that made a bunch of skills completely bonkers, not so much because of the league mechanic.

Its because S.Africa server is now up, guess why so many online.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Where is this post? What ARE you actually working on? Because I think most people would agree that Crucible could use some love, no matter if you like the mechanic or not.

Because what you're actually telling us by NOT changing anythig, is:
- We are happy about the fact that there's hardly any Crucible XP differences between low level zones and high level zones. You are also telling us that you're OK with a large portion of casual players being gated/locked away from engaging in the high level portion of Crucible (because we all know that the low level portion of Crucible is fun enough, right?).

Look, I'll be the first to understand that issues quickly appear when 300k players suddenly test your game, and that 300k players will find mistakes that a handful of alpha tester didn't. But should we interpret your radio silence on the matter as you telling us that "everything is like we want it to be"?

I recall you telling me a few weeks ago that you rarely make threads, so I assume when you do, shit got real :)

I'm inclined to agree that their communication for this league has been poor, both before the league start and after. I would even take a message saying we hear the need for more work on Crucible, but we're comfortable with where it is. That would at least be something.

I'm actually okay with Crucible as is because I'm not trying to recombine some impossible tree. My few attempts at combining trees have ended with laughably bad results. I can see if someone was more engaged with the mechanic, it would be very frustrating.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I'm inclined to agree that their communication for this league has been poor, both before the league start and after

And when would you reckon the communication has been good? Just compared to their own previous standard?

I'd argue it's been extremely poor, for around 6 leagues (post 3.15). The difference is this particular legaue it isn't "poor", its non-existent.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I'm inclined to agree that their communication for this league has been poor, both before the league start and after

And when would you reckon the communication has been good? Just compared to their own previous standard?

I'd argue it's been extremely poor, for around 6 leagues (post 3.15). The difference is this particular legaue it isn't "poor", its non-existent.

Well, an example of better communication is the core of this thread: the "What We're Working On" announcement that was very predictable every league. So by that measure alone, prior communications were better than this league.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 21, 2023, 12:24:08 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Well, an example of better communication is the core of this thread: the "What We're Working On" announcement that was very predictable every league. So by that measure alone, prior communications were better than this league.

Well I guess maybe we need a better definition of what "poor" would be? If they did post a "What they are working on", and the content was lack luster or out of touch, Id still maintain that qualifies as "poor"

Simply making a post, for me, doesn't mean thats "good" communication. Content & context matters imo.

Edit: conceding the entire point of the OP though, they haven't even done that this legaue
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 21, 2023, 12:32:07 PM
"highest peak" bla bla bla all ego and self pathing bs..

yet the game is on the worst state probably worse than LoK at this point

lets not forget how some days ago they said this:

"
Crucible Day 13
Apr 19, 2023 10:42 PM (GMT-4) - Based on some concern from the community that certain rare monster modifiers seem to be appearing more frequently in 3.21, we have investigated the spawn rates of rare monster modifiers in 3.21 compared to 3.20 and can conclusively say that they have not changed. We are also assessing the balance of some of the more powerful rare monster modifiers.

Literally telling you "oh hey it's your fault, your build is just not great or you're just not playing the game the way we want.. sorry nothing has changed here"

Most importantly 1 month ago this was said:

"
While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The year is 2023 the game is 10 years old almost and their code when over writing things still fuck up with their game.. or it's troll god made real from these dev's or they just don't know the real meaning of risk vs reward in their own game.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
It's just that I am tired of people who want everything for free, immediately and effortless.

I'm yet to see anyone above lv90 that got to red maps and killed uber bosses actually say that.

Crucible is close to/no difference from playing standard 90% of the time, and that's just horrid.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Well I guess maybe we need a better definition of what "poor" would be? If they did post a "What they are working on", and the content was lack luster or out of touch, Id still maintain that qualifies as "poor"

Simply making a post, for me, doesn't mean thats "good" communication. Content & context matters imo.

Edit: conceding the entire point of the OP though, they haven't even done that this legaue

My standard for communication from a developer is much lower than the community at large. I think they should tell us what changes happened or to come and acknowledge work against obvious issues -- an example being the trade site being a mess the last few weeks.

On the other hand, the community went crazy about Archnemesis swearing it was much worse while I experienced it as the same as last league; and I'm on the record in one thread saying just that before the announcement that nothing changed. GGG did respond to that outcry by checking and responding. That's a level of communication that I'm not sure was absolutely necessary, but it helped.

For me personally, I'm only really upset when they mislead or frame things in a way that might as well be a lie. An example being this league not being a nerf-fest and choosing the best 6 for each mastery. I can't say that those are lies, or even intentionally misleading. But I'm not sure the alternative is better, which is that they actually believed that.

I don't mind changes; even harsh changes. Just be upfront about it and take the blowback. That's the type of communication I expect -- not so much responding or even discussing things in response to the community's whims.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 21, 2023, 1:30:03 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm actually okay with Crucible as is because I'm not trying to recombine some impossible tree. My few attempts at combining trees have ended with laughably bad results. I can see if someone was more engaged with the mechanic, it would be very frustrating.

Yeah, you know me, I'm probably a little bit more level headed to go all out whining about something. Believe it or not, I'm liking this mechanic better than Kalandra or Sanctum. But at least Sanctum felt... Well designed. Crucible seems... Lacking.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Pre game launch balance manifesto gone.
Post game launch "What we're working on" gone.

This is GGG's balance.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info