[3.21] 70M DPS | Siege Ballista | Iron Commander | New Crucible Nodes | Softcore

Main Pros:
+ Very high DPS of 70 million

Main Cons:
- Delayed damage (totem playstyle)

Secondary Pros:
+ Auto-targeting
+ 80 units range (entire screen)
+ Great area coverage
+ Affordable
+ Can do all content

Secondary Cons:
- Mediocre life recovery
- Mediocre defenses
- Micromanagement (gem swap, flask swap, many buff skills)

Character Sheet: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/supersausage/characters - Character name "NANSUS_"

PoB: https://pobb.in/8kfzyjTDaQqt

Gear:
-----

Key item for dex stacking, with the extremely powerful new Crucible node for Siege Ballista
-----

Key item for dex stacking
-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

Key item for dex stacking, but even more importantly, the anointment of "Vengeant Cascade" doubles this build's dps, and significantly increases clear speed
-----

-----

Fix resists, some dex
-----

Fix resists, some dex
-----

Basic flasks
-----

Questions and answers:

Question: How easy is endgame content for this build?
Answer: All content is easy and deathless, since all enemies die very quickly, and you never need to get close to enemies. The obvious exceptions are HOGM, Simulacrum 30, and deep delving.

Question: How is this affordable? The items are expensive.
Answer: The current gear on my character costs ~25 divines. You can create a cheaper version for ~50 chaos. Your DPS will fall from 70M to 2M.

Question: How does the Crucible node work?
Answer: Simply, you get 5% attack speed per totem. Less simply, you get increased attack speed if you use less totems. The chart below shows, that for 15 max totems, the ideal amount of active totems is 8.

Will update if there is interest in replies to this post.
Last edited by Supersausage on Apr 18, 2023, 5:57:52 AM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2024, 9:20:04 AM
can i have ur build
How is the build working for end game content? I have been doing cheapbunnys artillery ballista build this league. It is NOT cheap. And a bit squooshy. So rather than pump another 12-20 div into the build, I am considering other options. Please let me know how things are going. I noticed you are 95. How are the end game bosses treating you?
that weapon tree seems awful ... 45 reduced attack speed per totem? am i missing something
IGN- Shaeyaena
you get 50 % attack speed but then loose 45% atack speed so basically you get 5 % per totem if i understand correctly
Nice to see that you made a separate topic :)

There was a topic on reddit about the crucible tree here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/12lhudw/siege_ballista_crucible_notable_is_a_nerf_and/

I've tried a lot of iron commanders already but still looking for the (imho) best node which is: adds 2 to 4 cold damage per 10 dexterity.

The Vengeant Cascade is a really nice annoint which I guess we needed since totems now also die when you die. This change is quite bad for this build imho because on some tougher bosses it was nice to see the totems hammer the life bar away when my char died. This is quite a big nerf in my view as this build is still a bit of a glass cannon.

Btw this league my fusings are broken I guess :)
Spend hundreds on my iron commanders but not a single 6L. Was able to get my current weapon to 30% so hopefully that helps hitting the 6L although the 2nd 6L besides the briskwrap is mostly QoL.

This is my current weapon

Not the best but the base crit chance is crazy :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Nice to see that you made a separate topic :)

There was a topic on reddit about the crucible tree here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/12lhudw/siege_ballista_crucible_notable_is_a_nerf_and/

I've tried a lot of iron commanders already but still looking for the (imho) best node which is: adds 2 to 4 cold damage per 10 dexterity.

The Vengeant Cascade is a really nice annoint which I guess we needed since totems now also die when you die. This change is quite bad for this build imho because on some tougher bosses it was nice to see the totems hammer the life bar away when my char died. This is quite a big nerf in my view as this build is still a bit of a glass cannon.

Btw this league my fusings are broken I guess :)
Spend hundreds on my iron commanders but not a single 6L. Was able to get my current weapon to 30% so hopefully that helps hitting the 6L although the 2nd 6L besides the briskwrap is mostly QoL.

This is my current weapon

Not the best but the base crit chance is crazy :)

This bug was fixed on 17.4.2023. The Siege Ballista Crucible node gives 200% more DPS, whereas the damage per dex Crucible node gives only 40% more DPS.
Is there any way to increase the chance of getting the attack speed or added cold per 10 dex nodes? Like using a certain ilvl iron commander? I'm buying them and unlocking the crucible trees on it but haven't seen those good ones yet.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
which pantheons u use?
Just wanted to chime in and say I played a version of this build in leagues past (without the crucible nodes) and it was one of the strongest builds I've ever played. I didn't even gem swap as the DPS was so insane with even the single target set up that every map mob just dies. Love this build and might give it a go with Crucible mod and VC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info