[3.24]Herald of Agony CI -The dirty Scorpion-tail|Inbuilt Mageblood|Minion-Pathfinder|2M Ehp,53M dps

"
klorin2 wrote:
The build is fantastic so far. I'm farming T16 Expedition and will gradually keep getting more gear upgrades if the trade site wasn't down half the time.

One tip I can recommend is to not go CI unless you can get HoAG + Determ + Grace up at the same time which for me was lvl 85. I felt too squishy before then. You can ignore this if you have the currency for all the good gear right away.

I've been running pretty heavy auras the whole time but my base ES is still trash at 84 so I haven't transitioned. I'm also kind of stuck in a poverty rut- less than 1 div to my name, somehow, still, so I'm waiting on some basic ES pieces and a skin before I go CI. Been pretty slow paced this league, still on like T13 maps at the moment.
"
Eralyne wrote:
I've got like 12 divs worth of gear and this build feels like trash. I don't understand, when do I start doing damage? When do I start surviving? I'm on the verge of both but never reaching there. Triad grips, nothing. Aegis Aurora, still dying constantly. Darkness Enthroned 100% for max chance poison, not seeing a difference in kill speed. The PoB shows 93% spell suppression but if you look at where it comes from, it only adds up to 73%, where are the other 20%?

I can't map fast because HoAG is so slow to attack, I can't single-target because it d does no damage. When do I start killing stuff? Do I need the 12 div uul necklace? The 5 div united in dreams that was nerfed this patch? Do I need to reach lvl 100? Do I need a 10 div skin of the lords that doesn't have a notable that bricks the build? What's the point of even saying this is league-startable if literally every piece of gear is 10+ div and it does NOTHING beforehand?

Am I doing something wrong? This is starting to get annoying. I have never been annoyed by a build that I've started a league with, I have always invested the time and effort to gear it up for endgame but this is absurd. It feels like I'm slogging through content and just makes me not want to play the game.

I see youre point ...to a point but after looking over your gear I think with your overall investment you could easily do better with your ammy , belt , boots , and helmet. . improving the ES/Arm for AA and running a nice bismuth flask should help your survivability bigtime. I feel like the lvl 4 empower is still a big dps hike but with the lack of Skins of the loyals itll be tough.

Also . Try storm burst. I felt it less clanky than ball lightning.
Last edited by ColeonePS on Apr 10, 2023, 11:36:11 PM
"
Eralyne wrote:
I've got like 12 divs worth of gear and this build feels like trash. I don't understand, when do I start doing damage? When do I start surviving? I'm on the verge of both but never reaching there. Triad grips, nothing. Aegis Aurora, still dying constantly. Darkness Enthroned 100% for max chance poison, not seeing a difference in kill speed. The PoB shows 93% spell suppression but if you look at where it comes from, it only adds up to 73%, where are the other 20%?

I can't map fast because HoAG is so slow to attack, I can't single-target because it d does no damage. When do I start killing stuff? Do I need the 12 div uul necklace? The 5 div united in dreams that was nerfed this patch? Do I need to reach lvl 100? Do I need a 10 div skin of the lords that doesn't have a notable that bricks the build? What's the point of even saying this is league-startable if literally every piece of gear is 10+ div and it does NOTHING beforehand?

Am I doing something wrong? This is starting to get annoying. I have never been annoyed by a build that I've started a league with, I have always invested the time and effort to gear it up for endgame but this is absurd. It feels like I'm slogging through content and just makes me not want to play the game.

Are you consistently keeping your poison stacks up on Enemies ? Your Poison chance is rather low.... Around 50% is all i see.. 70% vs Cursed Enemies.

Keep an eye on your Crawlers stacks and see if they are staying high.
"
Budewnpa wrote:
"
klorin2 wrote:
The build is fantastic so far. I'm farming T16 Expedition and will gradually keep getting more gear upgrades if the trade site wasn't down half the time.

One tip I can recommend is to not go CI unless you can get HoAG + Determ + Grace up at the same time which for me was lvl 85. I felt too squishy before then. You can ignore this if you have the currency for all the good gear right away.

I've been running pretty heavy auras the whole time but my base ES is still trash at 84 so I haven't transitioned. I'm also kind of stuck in a poverty rut- less than 1 div to my name, somehow, still, so I'm waiting on some basic ES pieces and a skin before I go CI. Been pretty slow paced this league, still on like T13 maps at the moment.

You already have a nice CI-shield apep's slumber but did no transformed to CI?

-Get the auras up, get burning ground immunity with the pantheon (or on cluster fire attunement or on boots) when not already obtained.

- then double your practical damage with the golden rule and more poisonchance

- Also with better HoA-supports you can quadruple your damage (6 links for 3 chaos, anomalous vicious projectiles, etc.)

- and with ghastly jewels with minions chance to poison on hit you can double your damage another time.

Use despair and sniper's mark - temporal chains is only later b.i.s. with unbound ailments and united in dreams etc.

Simply take a close look for damage into all guided steps in "the composition of agony", for all needed defensive layers into "checklist defences".
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 11, 2023, 4:27:14 AM
"
Eralyne wrote:

It's probably like Spyder wrote - you need to generate more HoA-virulences with fullchannelled stormbursts and more castspeed.
You are now at 3M damage and could optimize then to 6M with more clusters "pure agony".

For defensive layers please check step by step "checklist defences"
When you path "reflexes" you reach 100% spell suppression. It's guided in "important mechanics" and it's in the pob (of course) too.
And do you have burning ground immunity as CI?

Your amulet do not support your needed stats. Get one of the in the tradelinks guided amulets.

Maw of the conquest is only helpful before transforming to CI. As CI get a better helmet.

A frostshield offers much tankyness too.

And of course do not use the writhing jar without arakaali's fang. Your mana-flask is not optimal. Start with an onslaught flask for more HoA-virulences and get also a castspeed-suffix.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 11, 2023, 4:25:49 AM
"
Ryziou wrote:
At what point do we remove the summon phantasm support gem for more HoAG dmg?

Yes, it's like Spyder wrote.

Phantasms are early good for damage-uptime and tanky as meatshields.
When you builded up defensive layers, against singletargets and somewhere around a 6 link, using the golden rule as CI and 2-3 clusters pure agony other HoA-supports are getting more valuable.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 11, 2023, 3:31:48 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Eralyne wrote:

It's probably like Spyder wrote - you need to generate more HoA-virulences with fullchannelled stormbursts and more castspeed.
You are now at 3M damage and could optimize then to 6M with more clusters "pure agony".

For defensive layers please check step by step "checklist defences"
When you path "reflexes" you reach 100% spell suppression. It's guided in "important mechanics" and it's in the pob (of course) too.
And do you have burning ground immunity as CI?

Your amulet do not support your needed stats. Get one of the in the tradelinks guided amulets.

Maw of the conquest is only helpful before transforming to CI. As CI get a better helmet.

A frostshield offers much tankyness too.

And of course do not use the writhing jar without arakaali's fang. Your mana-flask is not optimal. Start with an onslaught flask for more HoA-virulences and get also a castspeed-suffix.

I don't know what you're doing wrong Eralyne but I'm literally left clicking and right clicking through T16s and things just die. My flasks are on auto now pretty much thanks to Pathfinder and Instiller orbs. This build is quite tanky and I don't even have Skin of the Lords or a good amulet yet.
Greetings.
Last edited by klorin2 on Apr 11, 2023, 5:12:36 AM
"
SPYDER680 wrote:
"
Ryziou wrote:

From what i have seen, they aren't there just for damage, they draw attacks from enemies and it feels safer since Defenses aren't the best right now.

Figured as much, I will just remove it for Vicious Proj soon then.

Btw is Cult-Leader a waste of passive points since Pure Agony just gives more damage?

Might just take points out of it so I can go for another Pure Agony / Self-Control cluster
Last edited by Ryziou on Apr 11, 2023, 6:26:33 AM
Basically what Eralyne wrote.

Apart from terrible damage on a single target with max virulence stack, I also have a major mana regen issue. I've tried getting gear with mana regen rate, running arcane surge (leveling it as well) in links for storm burst CWDT or ball lightning and nothing seems to help.

It's getting very frustrating, as I can't deal with T15/16 map bosses...

Have you got any advice on how to fix this?
GMT (+2:00) Central European Standard Time
Last edited by iKanks on Apr 11, 2023, 10:55:03 AM
"
Ryziou wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:
"
Ryziou wrote:

From what i have seen, they aren't there just for damage, they draw attacks from enemies and it feels safer since Defenses aren't the best right now.

Figured as much, I will just remove it for Vicious Proj soon then.

Btw is Cult-Leader a waste of passive points since Pure Agony just gives more damage?

Might just take points out of it so I can go for another Pure Agony / Self-Control cluster

Cult-Leader is almost never optimal.

You can raise the HoA-damage much better with ghastly jewels minions chance to poison on hit, minion-mastery "redemption" or chaos-mastery +1 "corruption".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info